Slow Running Vegan Here Looking for Like Minded Friends

Options
Hey new friends!
My name is Abby and I'm a 33 year old vegan looking to connect with other beginner runners and folks interested in plant-based eating as I work to lose a few lbs of fat and work on improving my upper body strength.

I lost 50lbs a few years ago by getting myself into shape but over the last couple years I've just let my fitness slip by indulging in vegan junk food and developing a more sedentary lifestyle.

If anyone would like to connect I'd love to have some fitness buddies on this app to help me stay accountable.

Anyways that's all for now thanks for your time,
- Abby

Replies

• oriaannnaa
    oriaannnaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Abby!

My name is Orianna and am 25 years old. I am vegan as well and am trying to get back in shape. To be honest, I was never really into fitness as I have always been lucky with a fast metabolism however, in the past few years I have gained at least 15+ pounds and with my desk job, it has been sticking around :(

I am looking to lose some weight, feel healthier and start being more confident in myself again. I hope we can connect and keep each other motivated as we embark on our fitness journeys! Also, if you have any suggestions on meal prep ideas, I would love to hear them!

Thanks for sharing, and hope to hear from you!

• CrociTerapia
    CrociTerapia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I just made my introduction post. I am not a runner to be sincere. I like strength training with kettlebells and bars, mixed with a bit of animal flow( aka flow yoga).

I looking to connect with vegan people to be able to share accoutability and recepies.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

Have y'all vegan folks checked out this group:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores

It's only moderately active, but people are still posting in it, and there are lots of recipes, ideas, etc., for plant-based eating.

For those of you strength training, the serious strength/mass people tend to hang out in the Gaining Weight and Body Building part of the Community. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/goal-gaining-weight

Runners are likely to find their folk in Fitness and Exercise, here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/fitness-and-exercise

Me, I'm only an ovo-lacto vegetarian (for 47+ years so far), and rower (boats when I can, machines when I must), MFP old-timer (6+ years on MFP under my belt, and a lot less fat there than when first arrived 😉).

Wishing you all success on MFP!
  • mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Abby,

I'm vegan and a on/off runner. Have sent you a friend request. Would be good to have more plant based pals on here. Lost a fair bit of weight on here before but old MFP pals are not active anymore! 10lbs down as if this morning's weigh in 💃
  • ZeeThoms
    ZeeThoms Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Abby!

My name is Zarah, I'm 37 and plant based also. Im not a runner (yet!) but am trying to get started training, I have always wanted to participate in a 5k and 10k but not walk the whole time! I have a 2yr old and a 1yr old which keep me pretty busy but we're also factors in my weight gain. I have started taking them for walks when the weather permits and am going to start jogging/running and extending our course as I build up my stamina. Glad to meet you!