January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had a glorious run outdoors today at long last. Sunny and cold and very pretty in the park. Pic in spoiler.

The hills felt easier than they have done - hoping that means my fitness is gradually improving. Garmin showed I stayed in a good heart rate zone for much of it, so all in all I’m happy. Wish I’d seen deers and horses though, @rheddmobile - jealous!
    08ah12c17dxa.jpeg

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m
    10/1: 2m
    11/1: 1.7m
    12/1: 2.25m
    13/1: 3.11m
    14/1: 2m
    15/1: 3.11m
    16/1: 2m
    17/1: 2m
    18/1: 2.5m
    19/1: 2m
    20/1: 3.11m
    21/1: 1.75m
    22/1: 3.11m
    23/1: 2.2m
    24/1: 1.8m
    25/1: 1.7m
    26/1: 1.7m
    27/1: 2m
    28/1: 2m
    29/1: 2m
    30/1: 3.11m

Jan total: 65.3m
    Jan target: 30m
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Nice running @marisap2010 . I'm sure you are enjoying dear husband being home. You'll do great on your 15K.

@polskagirl01 I love cheesecake. I'm amazed that you didn't measure anything. You must be a true chef!

@Faebert I hope your daughter has a mild case. You are doing great to keep up the running.

@Teresa502 I'm with you. It was way too cold to get out and do much of anything yesterday. It's supposed to warm up here today. I hope you get some warmer temps too.

@Scott6255 I hope you feel better. You did great to get those 5 miles in after you started feeling bad.

Nice @Avidkeo . Enjoy.

@martaindale That sounds like a great place to run.

@rheddmobile You are doing great!

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Am still here lol. Have gne camping with the family and no cellphone cover. Just ducked into town for supplies.

Here's some pics. And I went for a 3k run this morning as well!
    utdky17echaj.jpg
    y1i66pd29dd7.jpg
    fqro1w9ctiqd.jpg
    xo1dpwzpyefm.jpg

I'm not sure what's cuter: your daughters or the scenery!!! Enjoy your camping trip!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman You know you COULD listen to music while you run outside? I use one apple ear pod and it streams whatever playlist I want from my watch. Stays in place very easily and not distracting. I have some music with 180 bpm which helps to energize me and get my pace going.

@Avidkeo great happy photos! Agree on cuteness overload.
    @Faebert hope your youngest is doing ok. Sounds like you GOT YOUR MOJO BACK!!!! :D
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It is a beautiful, sunny day here, so I ran an easy 10K. It was 28F when I started and almost 48F an hour later. I didn’t expect it to warm up so quickly, so the last bit of my run was a little hot. Less than 2 miles left to hit my 75 miles for January, so I’ll run that tomorrow.

January miles: 73.07
    Streak days: 30
  • Tramboman
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    No run for me today. I tested positive for Covid. 😔 Luckily I hit my goal a couple of days ago. I am hoping it won't be too bad. I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold yesterday and this morning my temperature was 100.3, but now it is 99.3. My throat is a little sore, but not too bad. I was vaccinated so am hoping for a mild case. I hope that I will be able to run again soon, but I am going to try to rest. My Garmin body battery was 17 when I got up this morning so I do think a rest day is called for.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
  • Tramboman
    Options
    @Tramboman You know you COULD listen to music while you run outside? I use one apple ear pod and it streams whatever playlist I want from my watch. Stays in place very easily and not distracting. I have some music with 180 bpm which helps to energize me and get my pace going.

@Faebert hope your youngest is doing ok. Sounds like you GOT YOUR MOJO BACK!!!! :D

I only listen to music outside when I do 10+ k, but I haven't done that in a long time. If I want music for shorter distances, I just sing.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I Hope you feel better soon!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Hugs @kgirlhart ❤️ Hope you have a mild case.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Wishing you better @kgirlhart. I’m so sorry you are missing the funeral as well. Thinking of you. X
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart sorry I somehow missed your post that you had COVID. Hope it's mild and you feel better soon. Take it easy!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Tramboman, @marisap2010, @Scott6255, and @faebert. I am disappointed that I have to miss the funeral, but I am glad I saw my mom the day before I was exposed and not the day after.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart So sorry to hear you tested positive and are missing the funeral. I hope your symptoms stay mild.

@rheddmobile I can understand feeling anxious about returning to the greenway after the ordeal you have had with your heart. Baby steps and I bet you’ll be back out there soon!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    Options