What's wrong with me

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Dang, now I want some Butter Butter cookies.

ETA: wth is up with the disagrees? These people are making valid points and coming from their own POV, how can a person disagree with that?

I even BOLDED the 'hey this works for me, it might not work for you' bit LOL

some people are just disagreeable. or perhaps they disagree because for THEM it wouldnt work. which.... isnt the point of the button. but, whatever, it doesnt bother me.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    wakegrrl wrote: »
    I'll eat it if it's here, too. I've moved almost wholly to online grocery shopping/pick-up, because it's not as tempting to impulse buy. I'm not sure if that's as readily available in the UK, though.

Just to say, of course online grocery shopping is widespread and absolutely readily available in the UK! It boggles my mind that you think it may not be!

We even have electricity - imagine that! 😂

paved roads, too????? :p
  • ash1864
    ash1864 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can relate. If I have it, I will eat it. Follow the instincts that you obviously have, and do not buy it next time. Don't beat yourself up about the past behavior, but learn from it!

This is 100% me. If I buy it or have it in the house I will eat it because that's just the way I am. So I tend to buy 'treats' that are packaged individually now and that really helps me because I'd feel greedy having more than one. That's just the way I do it.

If you're concerned about your eating and behaviour around food I'd definitely see your doctor. There's nothing to be ashamed of and they will be able to advise you best :smile:

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    One of the secrets to the success of the human race is that we can eat a very wide variety of foods, carrying many days worth of of energy in our bodies as fat for when food is scarce. How ironic that this superpower-- critical for getting us where we are today-- now sometimes turns against us. And, it only turns against the lucky few of us who have easy access to food-- a great blessing not shared by all.

So, nothing is wrong with you at all, you are just doing what worked so well for your forbears. Yes, we all know that there are risks to being overweight, so there are good reasons for us to consciously override our own nature and try to restrict our consumption. But that isn't natural, and something inside us resists it to one degree or another, depending on the individual.

Probably the oddest part of human nature is the negative association with body fat. But body fat is our superpower, so why don't we celebrate it? It's a puzzle! We can start a trend by appreciating our own bodyfat for the miracle that it is.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Dang, now I want some Butter Butter cookies.

ETA: wth is up with the disagrees? These people are making valid points and coming from their own POV, how can a person disagree with that?

There was a thread in the former Forum Feedback section about reordering the Disagree button, which would solve the problem of accidental disagrees when people are scrolling. I tried to post this thread as an example, but that discussion is not on the first few pages, and apparently the last "improvement" has made the search feature even more difficult to use >.<

If any one has better search skills or had it bookmarked, please link me.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options

Just to say, of course online grocery shopping is widespread and absolutely readily available in the UK! It boggles my mind that you think it may not be!

No no no! We all know that everyone in the UK lives in chocolate box cottages in the Cotswolds, wears tweed year round and commutes to work on a pre-WWII bicycle across cobblestone pathways. Fact! 😉

• dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would say that part of the problem is also stress as I'm now also providing palliative care for my mother.
    I'm sorry. This is very difficult. Don't beat yourself up about food. You are dealing with a lot. *hug*
  • wakegrrl
    wakegrrl Posts: 215 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    wakegrrl wrote: »
    I'll eat it if it's here, too. I've moved almost wholly to online grocery shopping/pick-up, because it's not as tempting to impulse buy. I'm not sure if that's as readily available in the UK, though.

Sorry - it's been a while since I was there. I should have realized. No ill intent meant.