What did you learn using MyFitnessPal that changed your habits?

Replies

• Singing_Banshee
    Singing_Banshee Posts: 44 Member
    First thing I learned was using the food diary/calculator ..Most low fat products are full of sugar 🤨

Also it’s not just about eating lower calories to lose weight, but what foods you eat and more calories works better when you eat the right balanced diet of food.
  • violetfire1978
    violetfire1978 Posts: 8 Member
    I realized between using MFP and my Withings scale that my protein intake and muscle mass were both low. I had been wondering why I was feeling weak since starting my weight loss effort. It looks like I was losing muscle, likely due to eating very little protein. I was lifting weights, however my muscle mass was still low. Once I added protein, and it took using MFP to see which foods to eat and in what quantity at what time, I was able to start gaining muscle. It will be a process, but I will continue to pay particular attention to protein in my diet and keep using both MFP and the Withings scale to track these things.
  • saltNpepperVal
    saltNpepperVal Posts: 4 Member
    How much sodium I was eating. It also makes me think twice before I snack on something. I stop to think that I only burned 240 calories in my exorcise and this little sweet is going to erase that. Much easier to stop it at the mouth than the feet!
  • ctm127
    ctm127 Posts: 2 Member
    After using MFP and talking with my sister, I realized I had a tendency to eat only refined carbs with lots of sugar and lots of coffee of course. This becomes especially bad when I become stressed or busy.
  • kittensden72
    kittensden72 Posts: 30 Member
    My meal tracker tells me that I need to eat more. My calorie count is always low. Plus I noticed that I need to up my protein and good fat intake and reduce my sugar just a smidge.
  • KobiHensley
    KobiHensley Posts: 78 Member
    The most shocking was I wasn't eating enough calories. I was eating only around 900 a day due to "being on a diet." I stuck to what I thought was the calorie goal but I was eating way to much junk food instead of healthy food.
  • Caroline2808
    Caroline2808 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2022
    mel941980 wrote: »
    I started my weight loss journey in January, 2020. There have been several ah-ha moments along the way, but the biggest one for me has been to acknowledge and accept this is a marathon, not a sprint. I have failed at losing weight so many times because I insisted on setting a lofty goal in too short of a timeframe, failed to hit it, and became discouraged, or I did hit the goal, then couldn't stick to the restrictive diet I was on.

This time around I set small goals along the way and have rewarded myself generously each time I hit the goal. I have lost 92lbs and I'm just about to reach the normal weight range for the first time since middle school. I still have 12 pounds of weight loss to go. I made the decision to slow my weight loss down from a pound a week to half a pound a week today. I would love to lose 100lbs by the end of the year, but the calorie allotment is so low and I'm already exercising 5-6 days a week. My sanity and happiness is worth more to me than that 100lb loss by 12/31. This is huge for me as type A virgos don't like to let themselves down. Lol!
    I started my weight loss journey in January, 2020. There have been several ah-ha moments along the way, but the biggest one for me has been to acknowledge and accept this is a marathon, not a sprint. I have failed at losing weight so many times because I insisted on setting a lofty goal in too short of a timeframe, failed to hit it, and became discouraged, or I did hit the goal, then couldn't stick to the restrictive diet I was on.

This time around I set small goals along the way and have rewarded myself generously each time I hit the goal. I have lost 92lbs and I'm just about to reach the normal weight range for the first time since middle school. I still have 12 pounds of weight loss to go. I made the decision to slow my weight loss down from a pound a week to half a pound a week today. I would love to lose 100lbs by the end of the year, but the calorie allotment is so low and I'm already exercising 5-6 days a week. My sanity and happiness is worth more to me than that 100lb loss by 12/31. This is huge for me as type A virgos don't like to let themselves down. Lol!

Hi fellow Virgo, that’s just what I needed to hear… at almost fifty I have weighed the least of my adult life, primarily due to an unexpected hospital ‘vacation’ I then put the weight back on, lost it again , went skiing last month where the food although healthy was far too plentiful and I cannot seem to shake off this greed. I will take your inspiration and set myself more realistic targets … I Would like to lose 4-7lbs but am struggling with greed albeit I am pretty active 🙏🏻💪🤞

[edited by staff]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!