C25K Beginners Running Group – Week 1 (Closed)

Options

Replies

• pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried running in the rain yet? I think I might have to tomorrow or I won't be able to finish the week! :grumble:
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried running in the rain yet? I think I might have to tomorrow or I won't be able to finish the week! :grumble:

I haven't, but it's really misty this morning, so me and the hubby will go out and run in it. I suppose it will depend on how hard it's raining. I hope it won't be too bad.

In week 2, I'll carry over both charts, so no worries about finishing by Monday. We're all here to see each other through the long haul, and as we get further in, some of us (me perhaps) may need to linger in a particular week.

Felicia
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Entertaining to do it outside to finish up for the week if it isn't too cold. Yay! to us all.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    a. W1D3 completed today 9/17/11
    b. It was much easier today. I ran about a 5.5 and walked about a 3.5
    c. Looking forward to week 2!!

After the run my hubby challenged me to run a quarter mile lap, non-stop, and I actually pulled it off!! Right after the quarter-mile, I had an overwhelming, nauseous feeling, but it passed thank goodness!! I can’t speak on body pain yet because I’m still cooling down. I’m sure I’ll be sore all over!! I’m just sitting in a chair and basking in my mini-success.
    I hope you all have fun-filled weekend, and if you have a run planned, please share your experience.

Take care buddies,
    Felicia
  • pandabear_
    Options
    Well done Felicia on finishing week 1! And well down on that quarter mile lap, your husband sounds like a great motivator!
  • Jools
    Jools Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to encourage you guys.

I started the C25k last year (second attempt - first only managed to get to week 2!). I'm now running 6 miles or so twice a week, with a running club training session once a week. I was training for a half marathon, got up to 9 miles, but I think it was a little bit too much too soon.

Week 5 of C25k is the one that puts most people off but YOU CAN DO IT! I was 15st 2lbs when I started the programme last year and between that and watching my calories I lost 27lbs. And the great thing is because I now run 3 times a week I haven't put any of it back on. Now working on the next instalment of weight loss and know that at the end I'll be able to keep it off - because of the running.

Oh, and for the person asking about running in the rain? You just have to do! I personally love it, my running partner doesn't. We were out in torrential rain today and I just love the feeling of being out in the elements, feels really hard core! :D
  • ysamatar
    Options

I started the C25k last year (second attempt - first only managed to get to week 2!). I'm now running 6 miles or so twice a week, with a running club training session once a week. I was training for a half marathon, got up to 9 miles, but I think it was a little bit too much too soon.

Week 5 of C25k is the one that puts most people off but YOU CAN DO IT! I was 15st 2lbs when I started the programme last year and between that and watching my calories I lost 27lbs. And the great thing is because I now run 3 times a week I haven't put any of it back on. Now working on the next instalment of weight loss and know that at the end I'll be able to keep it off - because of the running.

Oh, and for the person asking about running in the rain? You just have to do! I personally love it, my running partner doesn't. We were out in torrential rain today and I just love the feeling of being out in the elements, feels really hard core! :D

Thank you so much for sharing and encouraging. I believe we can do it as a team even if we have to repeat a week.
  • ysamatar
    Options
    b. getting the hang of it. I ran about a4 and walked about a 3.5
    c. can't wait week2. Here comes the little turtle who decided to run.lol!

My 5 and 6 yr old D and Son were cheering me Go mama..Go!. The higlights of my day my 6 yr old son who motivated me to start this journey said to me " Mom actually you look skinnier than before"!

Have a great week end my friends.
  • TL136
    TL136 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    w1d3 done I really enjoyed this run. It helped taking yesterday off. I had a very good warm up first hiking two hours with my husband and boys on a local mountain. I figured when I got home I better run now before I collapse on the couch!!! I am also looking forward to wk 2!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    b. getting the hang of it. I ran about a4 and walked about a 3.5
    c. can't wait week2. Here comes the little turtle who decided to run.lol!

My 5 and 6 yr old D and Son were cheering me Go mama..Go!. The higlights of my day my 6 yr old son who motivated me to start this journey said to me " Mom actually you look skinnier than before"!

Have a great week end my friends.

Yasmin, that is such a sweet validation from your boy♥ Glad you got through your first week. Since my hubby started a day behind me, I told him that I would do another run with him, I'll just call it my bonus run.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    w1d3 done I really enjoyed this run. It helped taking yesterday off. I had a very good warm up first hiking two hours with my husband and boys on a local mountain. I figured when I got home I better run now before I collapse on the couch!!! I am also looking forward to wk 2!

Yaay Tonya! Glad you got through the first week! I haven't been hiking in a while. Now that I have a bit more stamina, I think I'll give it a try next weekend.
  • CoCoMa
    Options

Jools, thank you so much for stopping in and encouraging us to keep at it. I hope to be where you are some day. There is a Thanksgiving 5k that I've been thinking about taking part in, but I don't want to commit until I'm sure that I can do it. Thanks!!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    End of the day progress report 9/17/11 (I will post every evening):

Great job everyone on our progress so far!!

2qwenpj.png
  • pandabear_
    Options
    I woke up very early this morning and checked the weather. It's heavy rain/thunder storms from 4pm apparently, so I went running in the cold wind and dull clouds at 10am this morning just to avoid thunder!

a. W1D3 completed - 18/9/11
    b. The run was much better than day 2. I didn't feel the need to push myself as much, I was ok to complete. I was not as out of breath as I was the other days either - maybe it's getting easier or maybe I need to go faster!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    I woke up very early this morning and checked the weather. It's heavy rain/thunder storms from 4pm apparently, so I went running in the cold wind and dull clouds at 10am this morning just to avoid thunder!

a. W1D3 completed - 18/9/11
    b. The run was much better than day 2. I didn't feel the need to push myself as much, I was ok to complete. I was not as out of breath as I was the other days either - maybe it's getting easier or maybe I need to go faster!

WTG Bryonie!! I think as we work on finding our ideal pace and breathing that it will get better. Glad to hear that you didn't get drenched!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Repeat post, Hmmm
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    WTG everyone!! Please note to those who will not be able to complete their week, I'll carry their chart over to week 2, that way no one gets left behind, and we can route each other on as we progress, regardless of what week we're at.
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Just finished a bonus day of C25K and I have to say it was much harder than the other days. Maybe I pushed myself harder, I don't know, but it was very discouraging :frown:
  • pandabear_
    Options
    Maybe you just needed a rest day instead of running again!
  • CoCoMa
    Options
    Maybe you just needed a rest day instead of running again!

I think so, I should've passed this morning.