15 pounds to lose challenge February 1-May 1, 2022

Options

Replies

• Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    RunDMC2021 wrote: »
    Looking for input/stories about how to prevent - for good - BINGE EATING sweets/desserts.
    It is a real problem for me that I cannot seem to stop……
    I am for the most part a very healthy eater and could care less about food to be honest!
    However I crave crave crave desserts and sweets, but once I begin I am never able to stop!
    This week has been great in terms of tracking food and walking 45-60minutes a day, however in the evenings I walk to the grocery store and buy desserts! - Even despite promising myself I wont bring it in the house.
    I don’t have a serving or two, but always consume the entire item in one sitting. Something just shuts down in my body and I don’t feel sick or that full??
    This meant I ate 1.6ltr Ice cream Monday night, 1/2lb cookie & cream giant cookies from The Cookie Place Tuesday night, ( a friend left it as a gift) then an entire strawberry rhubarb pie & entire thin crust pizza Wednesday night!!!!
    This puts me around minimum 1000 calories a day over my goals when it happens😞This is frustrating of course, but the biggest concern are what it’s doing to my liver, BP, arthritis etc.
    I’m not naive in that I understand it’s completely emotional and I’m addicted - I get that!
    But what are some tools other people use to deal with this type of addiction/binging?
    Many thanks….I’d like to overcome this issue once & for all! It’s been a 10-20yr struggle.

I had to stop keeping certain foods in the house. Brownies, cookies etc were my weakness. I replaced my evening sweet with fruits I really like so I don't feel completely deprived. Not sure that's helpful at all.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    RunDMC2021 wrote: »
    Looking for input/stories about how to prevent - for good - BINGE EATING sweets/desserts.
    It is a real problem for me that I cannot seem to stop……
    I am for the most part a very healthy eater and could care less about food to be honest!
    However I crave crave crave desserts and sweets, but once I begin I am never able to stop!
    This week has been great in terms of tracking food and walking 45-60minutes a day, however in the evenings I walk to the grocery store and buy desserts! - Even despite promising myself I wont bring it in the house.
    I don’t have a serving or two, but always consume the entire item in one sitting. Something just shuts down in my body and I don’t feel sick or that full??
    This meant I ate 1.6ltr Ice cream Monday night, 1/2lb cookie & cream giant cookies from The Cookie Place Tuesday night, ( a friend left it as a gift) then an entire strawberry rhubarb pie & entire thin crust pizza Wednesday night!!!!
    This puts me around minimum 1000 calories a day over my goals when it happens😞This is frustrating of course, but the biggest concern are what it’s doing to my liver, BP, arthritis etc.
    I’m not naive in that I understand it’s completely emotional and I’m addicted - I get that!
    But what are some tools other people use to deal with this type of addiction/binging?
    Many thanks….I’d like to overcome this issue once & for all! It’s been a 10-20yr struggle.

I'm also addicted to chocolate, and sugar as default.
    The first biggest game changer in my diet was macros (after tracking)
    I love love love carbs but I cannot consume too much of them. Therefore I cannot follow most healthy diets that incorporate healthy breads and oats. It's gateway to hunger and binge eating later. If you focus on macros instead of just calories it will help you change your eating patterns, and will allow you to decide how to indulge. You can try buying meal guides or just go free using myfitness pal food tracker.

I used this website for free macros calculation; iffym.com
    They have plans and such for cost but calculator was free. The macros align with myf calorie for me, but it's NOT the same thing.

Otherwise what others have said about emotional eating with distraction and not keeping certain foods in house works.

My last suggestion is to be wary of keto sugar free snacks like Smart Fish as substitute for sugar. In my experience it triggered my sugar cravings way worse than diet coke ever could. I couldn't stop snacking after consuming them. It's particular type of sugar alcohol they use that mimics sugar once broken down in body.

Good luck
  • Sistersue3285
    Sistersue3285 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    SW: 266.4
    GW for challenge: 251.4

1st Feb: 266.4
    2nd Feb: 262.6
    3rd Feb: 260.2
    4th Feb: 259.8
    5th Feb: 258.8
    6th Feb: 257.8

Roz0810 you are doing great. What are you doing to lose so much everyday? Any hints, suggestions or advice you could give to help me. Thanks