The journey begins. Excited to meet you guys

Options
Heard the gym community is lovely and as a novice beginner, having some tips SHES down upon me by some gym veterans on diet and excuse would be nothing less of a miracle. I hope to find some great friends in this community and learn a thing or two upon my fitness journey

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,489 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m old and either there’s some young folk slang here I don’t understand, or…..I just don’t understand.

If “she’s down” on you to lose weight, that’s your business. No amount of pressure from family or doctors had any effect on my desire to lose weight until, suddenly, I was ready. “I” was ready. Not them, not “she”.

For better or worse, this has to be a personal decision.

There’s a fabulous community here and I’ve learned so much. Your question seems to be directed at gym and gym related nutrition.

You’ll find weight and body building posts and advice scattered throughout, but a good place to start (don’t be fooled by the url)

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/goal-gaining-weight

If you have any specific questions post here and I’ll try to summon some of our excellent posters, or better yet, post in those threads or on the fitness and exercise board.

Much success to you. I’m a near-60 year old female who’s managed to build some decent muscle. If I can do this, believe me, you can do it.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’m old and either there’s some young folk slang here I don’t understand, or…..I just don’t understand.

I mean I'm no spring chicken but I am not really following what the OP is saying either...

regardless tho OP, best of luck to you in achieving your goals
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I got nuthin either, yall :D

In any case, we are happy to help and support where we can. Do this for YOU.... not for anyone else.
  • pegger83
    pegger83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have only been using this app faithfully for 6 months. It’s helped me a lot. I like the food tracker the best helps me to stay focus. Hope to learn more!