JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,573 Member
    @MLHC1 - Thank you!
    FT for 2/8 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 2/7) (None of DH's meltaways or cookies, no ice cream)
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/6)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/10
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/31) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Can have honey today (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today (up to 6). (last 2/6) Up to 2-3 T raisins ok
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)
    11) Can have coffee stuff early due to long drive to an appointment.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    I've had a quick read back but can't remember everyone I wanted to reply to. I do recall

@cschmitz110515 Love it when karma does it's job! Hope your knees recover soon.

@AJB1014 I can't believe your wee boy is 2 already! It shows how long I've been on here trying to lose weight lol. I remember the photo you posted of him, he was such a beautiful baby!

@more_freggies76 Don't worry if you can't reply to posts, I think we all use this thread slightly differently. I enjoy reading your posts, and you're doing a good job keeping the thread going.

@pridesabtch Sorry you are so busy at work, hope it calms down soon. Sorry...I laughed at your goal to train an idiot!

@MLHC1 lots of green ticks there, good going considering you've being feeling discouraged.

@Snowflake1968 I have everything crossed that your Mom doesn't catch covid. I don't know which variant you have at the moment, here it's omicron, which seems to be milder. The other residents who caught it in my Mum's care home all had cold symptoms and recovered. It was worse for my Mum as the cancer she'd had for some years had affected her lungs, even catching a cold could lead to pneumonia.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Yesterday was busier than expected, so I didn't get my exercise in. Nice weather today, so I'm determined to get out.

Recap - Monday 2/7
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - :/ Reasonable choices but over on calories
    Stay hydrated - :)
    Indoor bike - No
    Prep for CRN classes - :)
    Grading - :)
    2 chores - :)
    Bed by midnight - No

JFT Tuesday 2/8
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Bike or walk
    Comment on topic proposals
    Bed by midnight

@AJB1014 - Happy Birthday to your little guy!

@Snowflake1968 - Happy Birthday to your girls! I hope they enjoy their mugs :) Also, my heart goes out to your mom. Isolation is so hard. I hope you mom stays well and that the lockdown in the care home is over soon.

@TerriRichardson112 - Thanks for the support and inspiration <3

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited February 2022
    @littleblackskirt My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your mum. I remember you've been dealing with both parents in the last year or more. (((HUGS)))

@MLHC1 Glad to see you post JFT again. No worries about making comments! I don't know how you do all that! Thanks for the reminder to take knee recovery slowly... I've been itching to get back to walking 3-4 miles, getting out with dog as snow & ice melts, thinking of my yearly distance challenge, etc. But I really don't want to go backwards with healing!

@Snowflake1968 Yes, hubby and I are both looking forward to retirement. We have lots of interests we never seem to have time for, and doing things as simple as home improvements or repairs. Just take life at a slower pace. The main worry I have is health insurance. Here in the U.S. I must enroll in Medicare (a complex challenge itself) at age 65, and since hubby is younger, we have to figure out insurance for him if I quit my job b/c I'm enrolled in my employer's medical insurance for the both of us.

@AJB1014 Happy birthday to your little one!

@Bex953172 Glad to see you back too!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited February 2022
    Recap M 2/7
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly :) 6.5K 25 floors & 13/14
    3) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :( still not keeping cals down without exercise -383, sodium not bad, calcium low, fiber/protein/sugar good, 96 oz.
    4) Title 31 prep / email catch-up ~ some / organize BC-CC folders / catch-up cjs log = 4/4
    5) Request Tupperware lid replacement / hair appt. 5:00 / write/mail bday card / mail business stuff / reply to mom / reply to P / wash dishes / another ta-da? some digital decluttering TA-DA :smiley: 8/8
    6) Alternate ice & heat / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren gel / Calm app / 6:30 alarm (PT exercises before work) = 6/7

JFT T 2/8
    1) PT exercises before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly
    3) Pizza at friend's for dinner (ack ~ her choice) & log best guess / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    4) Title 31 prep / draft request email / leave early for lunch / 1:00 dentist (quick check of healing) / Facebook Live video / more email catch-up / pick up JMIO t-shirt after work / at home download speaker's slides for W webinar (workplace blocks access)
    5) P's place 5:30 / Bday wishes to SW / water herbs / refill heated birdbath / another ta-da?
    6) Alternate ice & heat / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren gel / Calm app / 6:30 alarm (PT exercises & some weights for Just Move It day at work)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member

JFT Monday
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Meetings & more meetings until 10:30 :smiley:
    - Training idiot on calibration, will take forever, but I only have 2 hours free. :smiley:
    - Really important meeting :smiley:
    - Get with IT to get software installed on new PC in lab :(
    - Go to post office, need stamps, they have weird hours gotta go during the day, but it's 2 minutes away, just gotta find 5 minutes to do it. :(
    - Protein bar for lunch :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - No stress eating :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley: That was a tough one last night
    - Ride Peleton after work :smiley: Super tough, I just wanted to sit and cry after work
    - Go to spin class :( Worked too late to go
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley: Crashed on the couch

That doesn't look that bad as long as everyone else sticks to my schedule, lol.

Happy Monday, y'all!

Not everyone stuck to my schedule. Ended up not leaving work until 7:30pm. Missed the 6:00 spin class. Hadn't eaten since 11:00 so I did have a snack before I rode. Let me tell you, I had to force myself onto that "damn bike", but I'm glad I did. Then I pretty much didn't want dinner because I needed to rest a bit. I think I finally ate around 9:30pm. It was a light dinner though. Then I watched the Olympics and crashed on the couch. Hubby woke me up to go to bed, but I didn't want to move so I stayed there. It is a very comfy couch.

Today is not starting off well, but I'm trying not to flip out on people. I had meeting overlapping with meetings overlapping with visitors arriving, and all before 10:30am. I am taking a few minutes now to eat and type this. Then it's off to the other area to inspect the packaging area, well after the 11:00 meeting. Damn, I gotta get software installed over here today... Deep breath...

Other than work stuff very little is getting done.

JFT Tuesday
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings / visitors / meetings/ inspections / meetings
    - Log Food
    - Stay green
    - Home by 4:00
    - Ride the "damn bike"
    - Family dinner
    - Crash

Deep breaths y'all, we got this!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2022
    One of my reasons for not commenting to everyone is usually lack of time or even forgetting how to type out everyone's unique name. So, I went through JFT and made a list of 2022 JFTers (in no particular order).

2022 JFTers:

@cschmitz110515

@more_freggies76

@clicketykeys

@Snowflake1968

@pridesabtch

@beachwalker99

@AJB1014

@TerriRichardson112

@Bea98321

@RastaLousGirl

@Bex953172

@MrsHermit

@irasgirl

@Janele0627

@Faebert

@mytime6630

@littleblackskirt

@PackerFanInGB

@lacatgirl

@HEGoddard0928

@KatieTee83

@tech_hunter

@tuxlife4me

@Anchor123456

@AleLue_1

@Outdoorsy_Canadian

@crazyinspired11

@ZizzyBumble

@tawny7

@serendipity_84

@MA_B

@bookmeister86

@azulvioleta6

@MLHC1 - MFP 2015 ; JFT 2017

While doing this, it occurred to me, when did I originally join JFT.....I believe it was 2017!! Then I thought, how neat it would be if we had the year joined next to these names, Lol!! If anyone is interested in sharing, I'll add the date to my list in my notes. (Just thought it was neat bc this group has been going for awhile.)

🌷🤗🌷
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,191 Member
    @littleblackskirt I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I remember through the years how much you cared for her and loved her. My deepest sympathy.. losing a parent is so hard. Hugs
  • more_freggies76
    edited February 2022
    @littleblackskirt - Sorry to hear about your mother. Thank you for what you said.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm except my dose of metamusal.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,312 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I've been really MIA also ... but.. I have been really concentrating on what and when I eat. Really trying to drink water in the evening. When I lost 38# in 2018 .. I thought back of WHAT I did to accomplish that goal.
    One of the main things was not snack in the evening ... I carried my glass of water with me all the time. So this is what I am doing .. HA.. I am on day 2!
    Part of the reason MIA if you guys could please pray for our daughter. She has been progressively getting worse since Christmas, and now we are worried she is suicidal.. which she told me last nite she was. She cries a lot, which breaks this moms heart.

I’m so sorry she is struggling. Does she have any friends? It’s hard to have friends, I know, but sometimes you have someone who gets you.

Prayers for you & the whole family.
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 2/8 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 2/7) (None of DH's meltaways or cookies, no ice cream)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 2/6)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 2/10✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/31) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Can have honey today (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 1/16)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, none of nut gift today✔️
    7) No dried apricots today (up to 6). (last 2/6) Up to 2-3 T raisins ok✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)✔️
    11) Can have coffee stuff early due to long drive to an appointment.✔️

JFT for 2/9 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 2/7) (None of DH's meltaways or cookies, no ice cream)
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/8) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 2/8)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, 1 serving of nut gift today
    7) Dried apricots ok today (up to 6). (last 2/6) No raisins today (last 2/8)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    10) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 1/21)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited February 2022
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Before Class: Check email. Think pink. Update website.
    3. English classes: Genre studies OR continued pro/con work.
    4. SEL classes: Discussion.
    5. Online classes: Reply to emails; enter grades. Sources script.
    6. Planning: Read Other Side; update Goodreads. Duolingo lesson. Visit 3 students. Call 5 caregivers. Log! Input grades. Update paper gradebook. Late work. Transcribe video for captioning.
    7. Afternoon: Walk at park? Elliptical?
    8. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 3/8. Dentist 5/12. Writing group 1/25 7P. Conf Tue 3/1. Start planning Saturday Seven for 2/5 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/29 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Load dishwasher S/T/R eves. Fix car 2/12. Need to make list of quotes for Likert scale.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 201.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Feb 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. I feel like I have a handle on tomorrow... but that very same feeling makes me nervous. Like, I *have* to be forgetting something, somehow. :D
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    This week feels so busy! I have appointments and still unpacking after moving, but I am taking time to log. Holding myself accountable and making healthy habits is my goal this month.
    I may not post much right now, because I need to get home organized. I will feel so much relief once that is done. However, I do try to scroll through the posts. Although, I may missed a lot since i am on here for just a few moments. I hope everyone is doing well and having a great week! Good vibes sent to anyone who needs them! xoxo

JFT: Logged Food and drink water. ✅
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    edited February 2022
    JFT - Feb 7
    1.5L of water - 👿
    Log all food - 🙂
    Exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - Feb 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal

@clicketykeys - Pink Shirt Day here is an anti bullying movement. It started in Nova Scotia when a 9th grade boy was bullied for wearing a pink shirt to school. Two other guys started it by going out and buying 50 pink shirts.
    It is nationally recognized here the 3rd Wednesday in February. Last year we decided to participate at work but we made that decision late and you couldn’t find a pink shirt. I bought the shirt and will put something on it like “Be Kind” or similar message.

@littleblackskirt - I’m sorry about your Mom. It’s hard for us to let them go no matter how long we have them.

I have to read page 32, but I’m very tired and going to head to bed. I’ll read tomorrow night.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member
    A quick post to get some goals down.

JFT Wednesday 9th Feb

Stay under maintenance
    Proper meals, no snacking
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk (it's cold!)
    Visit bank with forms
    Visit funeral directors, pay

Back later when I've more time!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    @Snowflake1968 - PLEASE tell me it's on a Wednesday because of the movie Mean Girls! :D That is such a great idea. I may see if I can't do something similar here :smiley:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Tuesday Feb. 8 JFT:

✅ Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ☑ MFP: review, post, and ❌prelog diary➡️ mismanaged my time, led to chaotic eating
    ❌Devotional time: read 30 min.➡️ spent the morning stressing, ironic 🤦‍♀️
    ✅ AM self-care routine
    ✅ AM Kiddo routine
    ❌3_hr study session ➡️ household management items took over my study time
    ☑ Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr➡️ I kinda had lunch but definitely never decompressed 🤦‍♀️
    ✅ Medical Appt
    ☑ Home exercises: Yoga and ❌1-BBL DVDs➡️ mismanaged my time
    ✅ PM Kiddo routine
    ✅ GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_arm day
    ✅ Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ✅ PM self-care routine
    ✅ Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

My hubby actually kept me accountable yesterday. I think he noticed me stressing out and encouraged me to go to the gym!! I definitely felt better after exercising but the day was not very successful. He also told me to give myself a break bc I did do alot of things that I rarely give myself credit for, Lol!! He is right but it was unusual to hear coming from him; but a nice thing to hear coming from him as well!!

Well, yesterday is done; time to move forward!!

@littleblackskirt So sorry for your loss. Prayers and Hugs 🌷🤗🌷

Wednesday Feb. 9 JFT:

▪︎Personal AM time: coffee & breakfast
    ▪︎MFP: review, post, and prelog diary
    ▪︎Devotional time: read 30 min.
    ▪︎AM self-care routine
    ▪︎AM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎3_hr study session
    ▪︎Lunchtime: eat & decompress for 1_hr
    ▪︎Errands: mailbox pickup
    ▪︎Home exercises: Yoga and 1-BBL DVDs
    ▪︎PM Kiddo routine
    ▪︎GYM exercises: Elliptical 30 min, weights_leg day
    ▪︎Dinnertime: prep, eat, and decompress
    ▪︎PM self-care routine
    ▪︎Bedtime by 10 pm (22:00)

Happy Wednesday!! ⭐🤗⭐

• more_freggies76
    edited February 2022
    JFT for 2/9 (today): ✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 2/8) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp.). (last - 2/8)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, 1 serving of nut gift today
    7) Dried apricots ok today (up to 6). (last 2/6) No raisins today (last 2/8)
    10) Turkey Vienna sausage ok today (last 1/21)
    11) Can taste some of the chicken I cooked overnight in the crockpot.

Hour commitment - Cooked chicken overnight in pot and I'm going to taste it before I put it away. Then I won't have my coffee stuff until 8 am.

Edited - Had my taste of the chicken. It turned out really good. Now I won't have anything else until 8 am.