15 pounds to lose challenge February 1-May 1, 2022

Replies

• bonnietinder
    bonnietinder Posts: 1 Member
    I read your post and I am a kindred spirit. I have been very discouraged about my weight loss journey since January as well. I feel like I am going nowhere and trying to keep my calories low and workouts high. It's frustrating and I'm inspired there are others who experience the same.
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 325 Member
    Plasicage wrote: »
    SW 153.2
    Challenge goal weight: 140

Feb 1: 153.2
    Feb 8: 152.2
    Feb 15: 152.4

I've been so frustrated! I'm logging, running 8-10km 6 days a week, yet nothing is coming off. I didn't expect this to be easy, just the first 3 lbs to be easier.
    This week I'm going to (try) take a week off running, and not have exercise calories.
    Not giving up as summer will arrive regardless, and something has to give if I'm eating for weighloss eventually.

Plasicage: I can be hard to stay positive when you don't see results starting out. . This same thing always happens to me. The first 30 days my body is just resistant to losing, then it kicks in. Keep the faith! - Stepwise123

Thanks! Today is brutal. My muscles are tired from gym, did one set of weights in addition, and scale has gone back to 154 😔. I took few days off running earlier, and that number was 151. I'm starting my workweek now, so I may lay off exercise for few days, and just track. Just to add, I do enjoy running, so thats why I can run so much. My body is so resistant, which is good the other way, but I'm not starving myself! I eat lots of protein, fiber, and produce. At the end of the day, I want to loose fat, not water, so it should take some time.

Plus shark week is just around the corner for me too = even more water weight. Ugh.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    I am considering doing a 21 day cleanse with our local yoga studio. It is ONLY 21 days. No alcohol, caffeine, no meat, no sugar....
    It sounds radical but I really think I need something radical. I have a million excuses why I can't do it but none are valid.
    The only problem I have is last time I quit caffeine, I had severe headaches for three days, so I may wean off that coffee slowly instead of cold turkey.
    It starts Monday. I once did the 30 day whole food challenge and I felt fabulous. I found Chipotle has a lot of good options for whole 30 diet food.

Hope you're all doing well!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @lizziebtothec. Great job on your run! 5 miles is awesome!