What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    I think I just started a cinnamon raisin fixation... had a PLNT bar which I have every now and then but tonight it was like heaven :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    I made a simple ice cream out of skyr, strawberry balsamic to sweeten, diced strawberries, a few grams of vanilla instant pudding mix and water. 78 calories for half a pint and unexpectedly delicious. I’m going to experiment with applesauce and some green apple balsamic next.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad. With dried cranberries. I usually like nuts as well but since I don’t have any I’ve used some diced watermelon radish for the crunch!
  • springlering62
    Options
    Chicken salad. With dried cranberries. I usually like nuts as well but since I don’t have any I’ve used some diced watermelon radish for the crunch!

OMG. Is it watermelon radish season again?!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    Mashed broccoli made with a little avocado butter
  • springlering62
    Options
    Well done baked Russet potatoes with butter, salt and pepper. washed and rubbed with powdered salt, 400F for 90 minutes. Crispy skin and brown around the edges. One with every meal.

Aka British “Jacket” Potatos.

We have them every Sunday night.

Unless somebody turns on the oven but puts the potatoes in the microwave above it by accident.

It’s a sincerely weird feeling to open the oven expecting to see two yummy potatoes and see…….nothing.

Senior moment. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Bridgie3
    Bridgie3 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sardines. I have rediscovered them after my daughter brought some home.
    The ones in fresh water are moister; the ones in soya oil, apart from the ick of the soya oil, are drier somehow.

Very good source of Omega 3.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad and chicken salad. Can’t get enough! I can just eat it with a fork. Sometimes I’ll spread on a Wasa cracker.

Dave’s Killer Bread: I use the thin-sliced kind and it’s made a world of difference for satiety for lunches. I still love my Schmidt’s low calorie bread, but although this is more calories per slice, I end up being full rather than wanting more out of my turkey sandwich.

Still loving Nugo bars too. It’s great for a chocolate, chewy treat and it satisfies a dessert craving (and has added protein!).
  • ctimewiz
    ctimewiz Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    7ac0eouzm0zc.jpeg
    Sugar-free cheesecake made with low-calorie cream cheese almond milk it is phenomenal the lady that makes it is out of town for the next three weeks I’m over here crying because I don’t have any low-calorie dessert that I can eat even the whip cream and sugar free fat free
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    Salami. I could eat it by the fistful!
  • SonFlowerTC
    SonFlowerTC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fish!
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and Atkins latte shakes because I love the taste of them (and the caffeine)!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Green peas
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I've got an never ending tea 'thing'...

I have the same thing. To the point where I had to find a tea organizer because every time I would open the pantry and try to get something out, tea would try and fall out. I had that many boxes. They were everywhere.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I've been making this Spanish chickpea, chorizo, and seafood stew once per week for the last month or so. I've done it with cod and shrimp...I'd like to do it with a mix of shellfish and squid.

d671998c5bfb7fed4570e6fe2db77516--seafood-stew-seafood-dishes.jpg
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Options
    Whipped cream cheese. 2 Tbsp for 50 calories of the plain stuff. I discovered the other day it makes a very good mayo sub in my chicken salad.
  • ChristyWorksIt
    ChristyWorksIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Frozen tortilla crusted tilapia from Costco made into a fish taco with simple healthy slaw a small squirt of sriacha and ranch. SOOO FRICKEN GOOD