Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• MinTheKitCatMinTheKitCat Member Posts: 165 Member Member Posts: 165 Member
    @chris89topher, @kimny72, and @PAPYRUS3
    Yes! It’s called Baader-Meinhof phenomenon and it’s super interesting (also called frequently illusion) 🙂 it’s a sign that your brain is functioning efficiently (at least in this area 😉) and is sort of the flip side of why folks with ‘perfect’ or ‘photographic’ memories often have trouble functioning in a ‘normal’ lifestyle
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,350 Member Member Posts: 1,350 Member
    Currently on some chip- cracker kick. I just finished a bag of Crunchmaster Protein crackers I've been working on. We started carrying Weight Watchers at Vitamin Shoppe and have boxes of individual serving Hummus chips, 90 calories a bag. I had those and now working on Brads Veggie Chips Cheddar. I'm going to get my air popcorn popper out of storage too. 🙂
    edited February 18
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Currently on some chip- cracker kick. I just finished a bag of Crunchmaster Protein crackers I've been working on. We started carrying Weight Watchers at Vitamin Shoppe and have boxes of individual serving Hummus chips, 90 calories a bag. I had those and now working on Brads Veggie Chips Cheddar. I'm going to get my air popcorn popper out of storage too. 🙂

ooo you work at the vitamin shoppe @VegjoyP ??? dangerous!

ooo you work at the vitamin shoppe @VegjoyP ??? dangerous!

Yes it is but in a good way! I have developed a very particular taste and preferences. I ( fortunately) had my fill of most bars, chips etc ...until the new ones that are plant based come in!! I mostly get herbals, protein; food grade vitamins( B 12 etc)
    edited February 18
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,660 Member
    r9fcjkkq8p90.png

toasted... so good and smells amazing!
    I want chocolate chip mint everything right now...!
    I want chocolate chip mint everything right now...!

I'm on a chocolate/mint kick too :) thin mint season coming up!
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member
    I am craving all things meat/protein right now. It could be impending “girl stuff” causing it but if I don’t get a seven-pepper sirloin salad from Longhorn Steakhouse soon I might actually keel over!
    I am craving all things meat/protein right now. It could be impending “girl stuff” causing it but if I don’t get a seven-pepper sirloin salad from Longhorn Steakhouse soon I might actually keel over!

I am with ya!!!
  • MDC2957MDC2957 Member Posts: 345 Member Member Posts: 345 Member
    kmerc87lbv2i.jpg

high protein french toast :-)
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    kmerc87lbv2i.jpg

high protein french toast :-)

now I want cinnamon sugar bread :)
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 206 Member Member Posts: 206 Member

When I was pregnant I found a cinnamon sugar babka at Whole Foods and would lightly toast slices that I would then drown in butter. Heaven <3

When I was pregnant I found a cinnamon sugar babka at Whole Foods and would lightly toast slices that I would then drown in butter. Heaven <3

cinnamon toast drowned in cold milk... milk toast. the best ever!
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,263 Member Member Posts: 6,263 Member
    Not really a food, but I've been obsessed with these starburst drink mixes!! They taste exactly like starbursts. I love the cherry and pink. r851ex1z2lq0.png

Not really a food, but I've been obsessed with these starburst drink mixes!! They taste exactly like starbursts. I love the cherry and pink. r851ex1z2lq0.png

Oooo I want to try!
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,065 Member Member Posts: 5,065 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    I’ve never heard of cream of rice. That looks like mashed potatoes at first glance.

What does cream of rice taste like?

Have you had cream of wheat?

Do they taste the same because I just finished off my cream of wheat and still need to eat a smoother cereal so was maybe going to check out cream of rice.

I’ve never had cream of wheat but it is very smooth, similar to mashed potatoes.

I can't find cheap cream of rice. How do we feel about grits?

(I actually like the cream of wheat. I just figure trying something different would be good too. And I like rice so.... )

So, I saw cream of rice at my not Walmart prices grocery store and decided to buy it. First of all, it's quite the high maintenance cereal for being able to make in the microwave! Stir every 30 seconds? Wire whisk?! Second of all, it kinda of bubbled up a bit too much in minute 2. (Cream of wheat doesn't bubble up so I wasn't expecting that.) Third of all, it tasted ok (I added sugar free maple syrup) but it was kinda the consistency of glue.

Sooooo......yeah. 😀
    I’ve never heard of cream of rice. That looks like mashed potatoes at first glance.

Do they taste the same because I just finished off my cream of wheat and still need to eat a smoother cereal so was maybe going to check out cream of rice.

I’ve never had cream of wheat but it is very smooth, similar to mashed potatoes.

(I actually like the cream of wheat. I just figure trying something different would be good too. And I like rice so.... )

So, I saw cream of rice at my not Walmart prices grocery store and decided to buy it. First of all, it's quite the high maintenance cereal for being able to make in the microwave! Stir every 30 seconds? Wire whisk?! Second of all, it kinda of bubbled up a bit too much in minute 2. (Cream of wheat doesn't bubble up so I wasn't expecting that.) Third of all, it tasted ok (I added sugar free maple syrup) but it was kinda the consistency of glue.

Sooooo......yeah. 😀

https://creamofwheat.com/recipe/mango-and-coconut-cream-of-rice/

this would be good...
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,263 Member Member Posts: 6,263 Member
    Fresh steamed broccoli with black truffle sea salt. I could eat bowls and bowls of it.
    Fresh steamed broccoli with black truffle sea salt. I could eat bowls and bowls of it.

I do this too, with parmesan or nutritional yeast
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 5,065 Member Member Posts: 5,065 Member

Sooooo......yeah. 😀

https://creamofwheat.com/recipe/mango-and-coconut-cream-of-rice/

this would be good...

But...what would I do with all the stuff that's on top of my stove! :)