What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    dsc82dsvfpha.png
    WOW SO good!!!!! Especially for 0 calories. I tried the bacon one like 5+ years ago and it was SO disgusting I threw it out. I just never tried it again until now.

They COMPLETELY CHANGED the recipe. It tastes 100x different. Super thick and creamy with an excellent smoky flavor. It is fantastic on salads and my favorite is using it on sandwiches and wraps for a creamy bacon/smoky flavor. 10/10, my new favorite.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    I take a tiny tub of it to the museum and use it to dip carrots radishes and cukes in while I vegetate (ha!!!) at the front desk.

Old Me would have emptied a pound bag of M&Ms. this is much better!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    b2qtft0xwb6w.png

My favorite new Aldi find. So delicious and soft right out of the toaster.
  • Thewonderofitall
    Thewonderofitall Posts: 97 Member
    I have two right now. One to start the day, and one to end the day!

Since I hit my target weight with 16/8 intermittent fasting, I am now looking to build some muscle and get lean. Therefore I have added a protein "shake" as breakfast which I had been skipping. It's one cup of whole milk and one scoop of Sun Warrior Pea protein powder for 220 calories.

After dinner for dessert (but before 8:00pm), I'm really into mixed fresh cut fruit. I weighed out all the individual components and a bowl is about 100 calories. To be it's almost like having ice cream every night!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member
    Caesar salads. Now if I could just reduce how many calories they are I'd be golden (I add sunflower seeds, croutons, tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs).
  • springlering62
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    Caesar salads. Now if I could just reduce how many calories they are I'd be golden (I add sunflower seeds, croutons, tomatoes and hard-boiled eggs).

Walden Farms Zero Calorie Dressing
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 351 Member

I was curious about this. I know Walden Farms can be pretty hit or miss. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

Haven't tried any product from this company except the so called 'peanut butter spread'....SO SO VILE! I had to throw it away after the first taste. Have been not tempted to try any of their other products since.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

SAME!!! They revamped all the recipes. I use the balsamic, honey dijon and italian dressing every single day. Now I have been on an obsession with the creamy bacon. I tried it years ago and it was SOOOO gross I threw it out but tried it again a few weeks ago and it was amazing.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

Haven't tried any product from this company except the so called 'peanut butter spread'....SO SO VILE! I had to throw it away after the first taste. Have been not tempted to try any of their other products since.

I tried the pb years ago as well and it made me so sick to my stomach.... I can still imagine the taste and it makes me sick but their other products are VERY VERY good. I absolutely recommend their italian, balsamic, honey dijon and creamy bacon. I am actually going to attempt the pb again given how much better all their other dressings are now.
  • therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    Rao’s marinara!! I love that it only contains real ingredients & zero sugar!! It’s pricier than most pasta sauces, but so worth it!!

I’m having it tonight with protein pasta & chicken🤤
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

SAME!!! They revamped all the recipes. I use the balsamic, honey dijon and italian dressing every single day. Now I have been on an obsession with the creamy bacon. I tried it years ago and it was SOOOO gross I threw it out but tried it again a few weeks ago and it was amazing.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I tried the pb years ago as well and it made me so sick to my stomach.... I can still imagine the taste and it makes me sick but their other products are VERY VERY good. I absolutely recommend their italian, balsamic, honey dijon and creamy bacon. I am actually going to attempt the pb again given how much better all their other dressings are now.

I'd love if you do...you're braver than me!😅

If you do please let us know your findings!
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    This may be a specifically British thing, and it’s definitely a specifically seasonal thing by but SIMNEL CAKE.
    Every year I promise myself I’ll make some, but in the last couple of years it has started appearing in the supermarkets. And I seem to be buying it all!!
  • springlering62
    KNoceros wrote: »
    This may be a specifically British thing, and it’s definitely a specifically seasonal thing by but SIMNEL CAKE.
    Every year I promise myself I’ll make some, but in the last couple of years it has started appearing in the supermarkets. And I seem to be buying it all!!

Oh thanks! I had to Google it to see what it was, and it looks like a lighter version of my husbands beloved Hummingbird cake. I may give that a whack.
  • springlering62
    edited April 2022
    Oh wait. Wth is “mixed peel?
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    Oh wait. Wth is “mixed peel?

Mixed peel is fruit rind, pith removed, that is candied. Meaning it's boiled in sugar water. Lemon rind, orange, any reasonably thick fruit rind. hth
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,706 Member
    I have two right now. One to start the day, and one to end the day!

Since I hit my target weight with 16/8 intermittent fasting, I am now looking to build some muscle and get lean. Therefore I have added a protein "shake" as breakfast which I had been skipping. It's one cup of whole milk and one scoop of Sun Warrior Pea protein powder for 220 calories.

After dinner for dessert (but before 8:00pm), I'm really into mixed fresh cut fruit. I weighed out all the individual components and a bowl is about 100 calories. To be it's almost like having ice cream every night!

First congrats on the success and you sound happy :) I have used Sunwarrior on and off for years!! Now I am using Zhou Plant Protein complete. I love it with chocolate almond milk :) I am purely curious why whole milk and plant protein? I work at a Vitamin/ Supplement /Health store. Most people use plant to stay away from dairy. On that note, I used to mix a whey protein with soy (years ago) and it was the most amazing thing ever then!! lol
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    Recently been sampling different quality cheese pairing has been amazing. I LOVE central market as they have so much variety.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    I'm obsessed with Greek salad at the moment fir some reason 😍

mbfhucxkc5ym.png
  • springlering62

mbfhucxkc5ym.png

I’m triggered.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member