Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 261 Member Member Posts: 261 Member
    TNoire wrote: »
    I went through an 18oz jar in 4 days and I just bought more :blush:

This makes me want to make a Mississippi roast
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Member Posts: 7,141 Member Member Posts: 7,141 Member

I love pepperoncinis. Whenever I have them, I go through them fast. I weirdly love them with cottage cheese as well as on salads and just plain. (With the cottage cheese I let the juice get into the cottage cheese while eating a pepper or two and then have some of the cheese and so on.)
    edited March 5
  • TNoireTNoire Member Posts: 632 Member Member Posts: 632 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

I love pepperoncinis. Whenever I have them, I go through them fast. I weirdly love them with cottage cheese as well as on salads and just plain. (With the cottage cheese I let the juice get into the cottage cheese while eating a pepper or two and then have some of the cheese and so on.)

salad and cottage cheese is a thing I love too and tossing pickled beets on top with fresh black pepper, yum!
    no need for dressing!
  • SCP0914SCP0914 Member Posts: 74 Member Member Posts: 74 Member
    Hummus toast!

Toast with everything hummus, one hard boiled egg, everything bagel seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
  • cyfehr76cyfehr76 Member, Premium Posts: 40 Member Member, Premium Posts: 40 Member

kpmorg7dhsag.jpg

I could eat a whole jar :D
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 5,982 Member Member Posts: 5,982 Member
    cyfehr76 wrote: »

kpmorg7dhsag.jpg

I could eat a whole jar :D

now I want papa john's pizza lol
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 5,982 Member Member Posts: 5,982 Member
    weird? maybe... but scrambled pancakes :)
  • WhtmaskWhtmask Member Posts: 220 Member Member Posts: 220 Member
    Catalina Crunch Cereal 🥣 :p
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 5,176 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,176 Member
    Flattened/pounded skinless chicken breasts that have been wet brined for 24 hours, seasoned, then baked. I think the pounding part is what makes it cathartic 🤷🏾‍♀️ The brine helps keep moisture and flavour... so... wins all around.
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 2,804 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,804 Member
    kali31337 wrote: »
    Gyros. Filling. Delicious. And they are surprisingly low calorie.

I’ve used the generic entries and I’ve also sat down and calculated the individual ingredients, and the generic restaurant entries pretty accurate. Oh, joy!

I've had a HARD obsession for anything Greek lately and I'm moving in May and my new place is legit in front of a Greek place

You should totally make a gyro BOWL. even lower in cals

What? And miss out on the pita bread?!!!
  • springlering62springlering62 Member, Premium Posts: 2,804 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,804 Member

kpmorg7dhsag.jpg

OMG. What planet have I been on? I didn’t know you could buy these in jars!

Now if they sold peppadew peppers in jars, life would be complete.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,479 Member Member Posts: 6,479 Member
    Speaking of peppers, banana peppers are my favorite over pepperoncini but I love both!

I have been OBSESSED with these!!!!! They are sooooo good. I used to put hot sauce mustard truvia and banana pepper on all my salads and stuff and this combines all those flavors into one epic sauce. The mild is my favorite because it has a nice sweetness to it. The hot is also good. Habanero is too spicy for me but perfect for my boyfriend who loves super spicy stuff!

Just sooooo good on...

Chicken nuggets
    On chicken then baked or grilled
    On salads
    On eggs
    On sandwiches of all types
    On wraps of all types
    On roasted veggies
    On soft or hard pretzels
    g2rgdt9muhmt.jpeg

Most nights I make a pudding of sugar free pudding mix whipped with greek yogurt and cold water.

Lemon has always been a favorite.

Tonight I added a couple drops of lemon extract before whipping. OMG! Next level!!!!! Tasted like a dessert from a fancy restaurant.
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 6,479 Member Member Posts: 6,479 Member
    Most nights I make a pudding of sugar free pudding mix whipped with greek yogurt and cold water.

Tonight I added a couple drops of lemon extract before whipping. OMG! Next level!!!!! Tasted like a dessert from a fancy restaurant.

This sounds delicious! I'll have to try it. I haven't tried the sugar free lemon pudding but I bet it would also be great.
    edited March 6
  • MinTheKitCatMinTheKitCat Member Posts: 171 Member Member Posts: 171 Member
    Chile crisp - especially on smashed cucumbers with ebtb seasoning

This sounds delicious! I'll have to try it. I haven't tried the sugar free lemon pudding but I bet it would also be great.

if you REALLY want to take it to the next level top with course ground nuts or graham crackers... one of my favorite desserts!
    jc548c7iryea.png
    freeze dried fruits

My favorite are blueberries.
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 261 Member Member Posts: 261 Member
    freeze dried fruits

My husband and I are about to own a freeze dryer and I am BEYOND excited for exactly this reason :)