How many times a week do you eat fast food?

How many times a week do you eat fast food? 19 votes

1 time a week
63%
glassyoMouse_PotatoCOGypsyDancingMoosieLeyalinkaydensmom2009SmileswyoIdontcareyoupickAZAlyssaneffybettybonniemcc4TiffanyMEscobar 12 votes
2 times a week
10%
musicfan68_melysalopez_ 2 votes
3 times a week
21%
LenGrayperryc05J_doeLunaxkitty 4 votes
4 times a week
0%
5 times or more a week
5%
djackson1703 1 vote

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member
    1 time a week
    I clicked once a week but it's either than or every other week
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Zero for me - I purchase the occasional Starbucks (black regular coffee)
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Depends what you include under "fast food" but unless you count something like a pre-made sandwich from a supermarket or cafe, less often than once a week.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    1 time a week
    I said 1 but 0 wasn't an option. I don't NOT eat it but it's just rare now.

And I will definitely add that I lived off fast food (a different place every day) and frozen dinners when I first started losing weight and only stopped because I stopped taking lunch at work.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Can’t vote as you didn’t include a ‘Never’ option. 🤷‍♀️

The abstention is nothing to do with weight loss or perceived healthy/not healthy - I simply don’t like the sort of foods that are typically on offer at such outlets. Mass produced, homogeneous, generally fairly tasteless. Even as a teen when fast food chains began to appear here in the U.K. I wasn’t tempted at the thought.

I actually cannot remember the last time I ate anything at all that I hadn’t prepared myself at home. 🤔 I need to get out more! 😂
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I love fast food. But rarely eat it. DH occasionally orders pizza to pick up which I don't usually eat. We went to a 5 Guys restaurant a few weeks ago and I had a Veggie Sandwich and mooched off my sister's fries. Other than that, I honestly cannot remember the last time I had fast food. But I know when my kids were growing up and Happy Meals were a part of our lives, we went quite often.

So I guess I'd be in the Never camp. :)
  • kaydensmom2009
    kaydensmom2009 Posts: 57 Member
    edited March 2022
    1 time a week
    I used to eat out so often but now I only do if we are out for the day, so like once a week at the most is what I aim for. I just really don’t like the taste anymore or how it makes me feel. I dont look forward to it. If I’m craving something “unhealthy” it’s something more or less home cooked like chef Boyardee pizza or lasagna lol
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Less than 1 but not quite zero for me. When travelling (e.g. visiting DD who lives 5 hours away) we may stop at Chik-fil-a for grill chicken nuggets or Subway for a chopped salad but that's about it. And even that is only once a month.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    What's your definition of fast food? My cooking never really takes more than 30 minutes. If I still have a soup in the freezer it takes 5 minutes. Tonight I'm eating a tortilla wrap with tadndoori marinated chicken, veggies, raita and chutney. Cooked from scratch, but I would call this fast food in the sense that this is something I might be able to get in a fastfood joint.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    1 time a week
    I usually pick up some kind of food to bring home if I’m out running around. Burger joints aren’t always my favorite—I usually pick a local burrito place. It’s easy though, and that’s pretty much my main concern when it comes to food.
  • azuki84
    azuki84 Posts: 212 Member
    0. Too much better tasting foods available
  • paints5555
    paints5555 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Pretty much 0. The last time I had something from a fast food place was more than 2 months ago. Not my norm.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Almost never, unless you count Subway as fast food. I eat that a couple times a month. I get a 6" sub on Italian bread and baked Lays and am able to stay in my calorie goal for the day. If I were to eat my typical fast food meal, I would blow away all my calories for the day on just that (almost!). I love McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese and fries, but I haven't had one since August. I also avoid several fast casual restaurants because it's hard for me to stay in my calorie goal. I used to eat Noodles and Company fairly often and Chipotle. N and C has very little that will fit in my goal, and Chipotle portions are all over the place so unpredictable.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    1 time a week
    I picked 1. We usually go to Whataburger on Friday. Sometimes I order the meal with no bun and extra veggies, so it's like a salad. Every once in a while we get a Little Caesar's pizza. Tonight we are actually going to try to go to a Mexican restaurant. If traveling, I'll stop for Dunkin' or Starbucks.🤷🏼‍♀️
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    3 times a week
    I think it's about 2-3 times a week for me. My dad and I are both pretty busy and I'm in charge of cooking, which is complicated by the fact that I'm vegan and my dad isn't. So, sometimes fast food is an easy/convenient option that suits both of us. That said, we've been trying to decrease our takeout by grabbing pre-cooked ingredients for quick meals at home or having stuff already in the freezer/pantry that we can make.

A year or two ago, before starting to lose weight, the number would have definitely been higher. It's also worth noting that the fast food places we go to now are very different. For example, instead of burgers or chili dogs, we usually have veggie-heavy subs, soups, and pitas/burritos. So, even though we still eat out a lot, the effect on my waistline is different :D
  • TiffanyMEscobar
    TiffanyMEscobar Posts: 9 Member
    1 time a week
    Yes, sorry I forgot to put 0
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Maybe once every three months, if that.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,098 Member
    Depending on the definition (are poke bowls fast food? Is sushi fast food?) I'd say a few times a year to once a week.

Pizza hut is the only 'real' fast food I eat and that's 3-4 times a year. Aside from that, sushi once every few months and poke bowls for lunch at work a few times a month.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    @Lietchi
    I know from another post you indicated you are from Belgium, I am from Wisconsin, USA. I am curious what a poke bowl is? I've never heard of that before.