Looking for a group - over 50 trying to lose and get fit

Options
I’m trying hard to stay motivated to get fit and lose weight, and I’m looking for other over 50 yr olds to join in.

Replies

• TMarieCleg
    TMarieCleg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That’s me ! Trying to get fit again
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/139104-women-over-50-ready-for-2021

This group is still in existence and being used this year too. You remind me that I need to start participating again!

Anyway, welcome!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    There are bunches of groups in the "Challenges" part of the Community, direct link here:

You can read their intro posts, decide what sounds best for you, and follow the instructions in the post to join in.

On the eating front, participating in the parts of the Community that talk about recipes/foods might be encouraging, and there are a few threads in the Fitness and Exercise area where people report on their different workouts.

Personally, it helps me stay accountable to myself when I participate in one of the latter, specifically this one in my case:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10705619/what-was-your-work-out-today#latest

That one's open to all ages, but many of the current regular participants happen to be over 50 (I'm 66, FWIW).

Don't be afraid to dive in, try things out, experiment, find what helps you the most. I'd also encourage you to consider some all-ages groups/threads . . . honestly, the issues are pretty similar across age groups, and so are the solutions.

Wishing you success!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Good luck, join a group and add some friends and away you go, good luck.
  • GrammyG0505
    GrammyG0505 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Some of the long established groups are huge and intimidating.... I am also trying to get fit and lose weight.... And closer to 60 than 50
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Some of the long established groups are huge and intimidating.... I am also trying to get fit and lose weight.... And closer to 60 than 50

Try adding a few friends to keep you motivated, I have found it keeps me going when i feel like giving up.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    You can create your own group too, if you have a few friends that are willing. I'm 58 and could have used a nice small group when I first started.
  • kamaboko1
    kamaboko1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Accountability is huge. At least it is for me. I know that if I get on-line each day and post an update, I want it to be about weight loss rather than weight gain.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,058 Member
    Options
    We have a group, have been around for a long time. There are only a few of us left. So mostly we just talk about what we're doing every day. We're all long time dieters. You're welcome to join us if you want. We're under NS Group Users, Slower Weight loss at 50? We could talk about diet and motivation and getting fit. ;)
  • JennasJourneytoFitness
    Options
    @eku0 hello - where can I find this group?
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,058 Member
    Options
    Jenna,
    try https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10148091/slower-weight-loss-at-50#latest
    It's under the larger group name of NS Group Users, and then the subgroup Slower Weight loss at 50?
    I think the URL will get you there, and if you want to stay, just add it to your groups.