30 day plank fat burning challenge

This 30 day plank fat burning challenge will kickstart your weight loss efforts tenfold while only taking a couple of minutes a day.

8mhf60.jpg

Planks are one of the best calorie-burning and beneficial exercises. Doing planks works multiple muscles at the same time, thus benefiting your body's core strength. Not only do they burn fat around your midsection, they also work by allowing you to improve your posture, increase flexibility and tighten your abdominals.

The plank is one of the simplest exercises that you can do, it's simple in its appearance and the number of steps involved in doing one. Being simple, though, does not mean that doing a plank is easy.

Getting into plank pose can be easy. Holding a plank can even be easy, for a few seconds, but since the plank is an exercise position that can be held indefinitely, its difficulty can range from easy, short-term planks to excruciating tests of endurance.

The plank is achievable in several different methods, but the main goal of the plank exercise will have you with your body perpendicular to the ground, your stomach facing down, elevating your torso off the ground with either your elbows or hands.

The plank is similar to being stuck in an extended push-up pose without actually moving your body weight up or down. This may sound much nicer and more forgiving than a set of push-ups, but the plank can become a strenuous exercise very quickly.

See some videos on planking down below to know how you can do it the correct way.

Video #1: I did the plank challenge for 30 days with realistic results
hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLA9CoFbMfOOzcfmNwKtTJDNK9hwKQ

Video #2: What will happen if you plank every day for 1 minute
hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLAVMvKdHQEWMdg9p0wFAfvdNuFZxg

Video #3: This Happens to Your Stomach Fat When You Plank - 6 Good Reasons Why You Should Do Plank Daily
hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLA6dEzwi9vjSK7bxKtYTusa_JBUIQ

video #4: How to Plank Properly for Beginners - Step By Step Tutorial
hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCOADEI4CSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLDc4Rb-GZ56bzDhsJQRg2m79pbxcA

Video #5: Basic Forward Plank & Common Faults
hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLDK9nO_e9MdD0WP5JsNnOASXzEDCw

Replies

• xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    I find most of the 30 day "challenges" to be bunk. If 15 seconds is moderate effort for you now, you are not going to increase that 6 fold in 30 days no mater what schedule you try to follow. Set up a moderate workout daily, with a couple of rest days or days where you focus on a different muscle group. Put in 70% effort, and each week try to up your seconds or reps a bit. Use common sense, not a clearly unrealistic "challenge".
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Planks are great. I enjoy them. I do them in all sorts of different variations: up + down aka walking planks, elbow, high, side. Side with dips, the list goes on.
    In terms of the claims in the op….. I don’t believe any one exercise is going to make a dramatic impact in overall physical health or physique. I believe you need a variety of exercises to gain the variety of health benefits from that exercise.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Plank is wonderful! You should absolutely consider adding plank to your exercise routine, but it won't make a lick of difference in terms of the amount of fat on your body.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Wow. Strong first post, OP.
    I love planks, but no to so much of that...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,413 Member
    BTW, mixed reviews about the safety of the redirect this brand new, one-post member is using. Click at your own risk.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    BTW, mixed reviews about the safety of the redirect this brand new, one-post member is using. Click at your own risk.

Good point. I didn't even think to check the links.