I kinda think I now need a house with a ballroom

I hope you don't keep your house ballroom as cold as most hotel ballrooms
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,187 Member
    cmsienk wrote: »

Hahah I wouldn't!
    We saw some enormous houses today, I lost my son in one and got lost trying to find the master bedroom in another. I feel I need this size of house for entertaining
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Hahah I wouldn't!
    We saw some enormous houses today, I lost my son in one and got lost trying to find the master bedroom in another. I feel I need this size of house for entertaining

That sounds lovely but it'd be a lot to keep clean. :/ I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum. I'd love a small house, even smaller than the one I live in now, which isn't even 1000 sq. ft. I want a tiny home nestled way out in the country. By my own private lake. With a little garden patch. Lots of trails to hike. No neighbors. But reliable internet. Lots of wildlife. Just me and my dogs.

Pinching myself to wake up now.
  • Alinouveau2
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

Hahah I wouldn't!

That sounds lovely but it'd be a lot to keep clean. :/ I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum. I'd love a small house, even smaller than the one I live in now, which isn't even 1000 sq. ft. I want a tiny home nestled way out in the country. By my own private lake. With a little garden patch. Lots of trails to hike. No neighbors. But reliable internet. Lots of wildlife. Just me and my dogs.

Pinching myself to wake up now.

I like throwing parties so every house I try to imagine how many I can fit in for a party. Haha
    The thing with moving is were giving you an amazing area where we can walk to everything like restaurants, groceries, trails. For the mansion we we can get a few km away we could upgrade here.

The worst part of looking for a new house is how we've become desensitized to crazy amounts of money and now I'm like oh that sold for $1.8 how cheap. Remember when a million dollars meant more? Now in Toronto at least it might get you a one bedroom condo
  • ReenieHJ
    Yeh, price of houses is amazing. Our neighbor's home was listed for 170K, an old home and needs a lot of work. But compared to all the other homes for sale in our town(less than 8) it feels like a mansion. And as soon as it went on the market, there were lots of people checking it out and it was sold within 4 days. I remember when you could buy a mansion for 170K. :( My dd and her bf bought a small home in Seattle a couple years ago, almost half a million bucks. Small lot, small home. :( I don't know how people do it.
  • Alinouveau2
    Yeh, price of houses is amazing. Our neighbor's home was listed for 170K, an old home and needs a lot of work. But compared to all the other homes for sale in our town(less than 8) it feels like a mansion. And as soon as it went on the market, there were lots of people checking it out and it was sold within 4 days. I remember when you could buy a mansion for 170K. :( My dd and her bf bought a small home in Seattle a couple years ago, almost half a million bucks. Small lot, small home. :( I don't know how people do it.

It's gotta be tough for anyone starting out.
    I guess there's just too many people who want to live in houses? It's crazy here they want huge downpayments and houses sell in a couple of days with no conditions so if you like a property you have to be ready to make an offer asap. Our last house we sold 10 years ago they didn't even get inspected! It's been so crazy for so long...as long as the bubble doesn't burst before I want to sell I'm happy
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,463 Member
    nconhfudz6fr.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12

I guess there's just too many people who want to live in houses? It's crazy here they want huge downpayments and houses sell in a couple of days with no conditions so if you like a property you have to be ready to make an offer asap. Our last house we sold 10 years ago they didn't even get inspected! It's been so crazy for so long...as long as the bubble doesn't burst before I want to sell I'm happy

I hope you find the house perfect for you. ❣️
    It’s like that here too, as far as you better be ready to sign a contract the day you see it and decide on the spot.
    It’s crazy.
    I can’t figure out who all the people are that are buying all these houses.
    🤷🏼‍♀️
    My ex and I moved into a huge house in a 24hr guarded, gated neighborhood.
    The house was so beautiful, I fell in love with it immediately.
    We put in a pool, had a brick wall around the 1ac lot.
    I admit, I felt kinda snooty living there.

The worst 4yrs of my life.
    My marriage fell apart.
    I hate that house so much.

I had wanted a huge, fancy house and I got it only to realize it’s not always what it’s cracked up to be.

Have fun with the process! 😊
    Good Luck 🤞
  • Alinouveau2

I hope you find the house perfect for you. ❣️
    It’s like that here too, as far as you better be ready to sign a contract the day you see it and decide on the spot.
    It’s crazy.
    I can’t figure out who all the people are that are buying all these houses.
    🤷🏼‍♀️
    My ex and I moved into a huge house in a 24hr guarded, gated neighborhood.
    The house was so beautiful, I fell in love with it immediately.
    We put in a pool, had a brick wall around the 1ac lot.
    I admit, I felt kinda snooty living there.

The worst 4yrs of my life.
    My marriage fell apart.
    I hate that house so much.

I had wanted a huge, fancy house and I got it only to realize it’s not always what it’s cracked up to be.

Have fun with the process! 😊
    Good Luck 🤞

Luckily we're in no rush. I bet we'll probably just end up upgrading and getting a nicer house in our area. I just really want an easier commute to school for the boy. I hate all the driving I'm doing. 😂🤣
  • honey_honey_12
    cvyiy0x0devd.jpeg
  • honey_honey_12
    gpictkdzu9hr.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    I had a tiny outburst this morning. The boss couldn't find some papers that were dropped off and I don't have them (no, I really don't) and he seems to think I do and because of something a client said the other day and the boss' really bad cover up, it's been festering so I said something akin to maybe I shouldn't be here or something like that while walking out of his office to give something to a coworker he wanted me to give....

He's like "don't walk away from me".

Anyway, the client said "Is *name of girl friend who used to work here* going to fill in?" and Boss' coverup was "She was just here yesterday!"

Tell me that response makes sense. *sigh*

So, even tho I think things are going well this year, I'm still paranoid I'm going to be fired.

And I don't know if I should tell him why I had the outburst.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,690 Member
    edited March 2022
    Shouldn't toll roads be in better shape than regular roads?
  • Alinouveau2
    My legs better look good sfter that insane workout I just did
  • honey_honey_12
    Loyalty, absolute loyalty
  • ReenieHJ
    Whoever said 'God doesn't give anyone more than they can handle' didn't know what they were talking about.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Dieting might just become a necessity with the food shortages being discussed by the president of USA.
  • ReenieHJ
    @ChillTheBathWater Yikes, 10 broken bones? Hope you heal faster than you think and without any issues.