Have a Health & Nutrition Question? Ask the RD!

Options
Betty
Betty Posts: 8,816 MFP Staff
edited May 2022 in Food and Nutrition
To celebrate National Nutrition Month and encourage the public to make healthy choices and draw attention to the nutrition profession, our registered dietitian (RD), Stephanie Nelson, is answering your health & nutrition questions NOW!

SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW BETWEEN MONDAY (3/28)-WEDNESDAY (3/30)!

Not sure what to ask? Here are some good questions we’ve been asked in the past:

What’s a good pre-workout snack?
What are some high-protein foods for someone looking to eat healthily?
Do you recommend using supplements to support fitness goals?
What are your top three tips for maintaining weight?

Tune in here on Thursday, 3/31, to see if your questions get answered!

About MyFitnessPal’s RD, Stephanie Nelson

Before joining MyFitnessPal as a full-time RD, Stephanie Nelson worked in hospitals, research labs, training centers for professional athletes, and with U.S. Marines undergoing extreme physical training. At MyFitnessPal, she works hard to make sure everything we do is based in science so members can reach their goals safely and effectively.

RDs require an undergraduate or graduate degree in nutrition, 1,000 hours of supervised practice in a competitive internship program, and continuing education credits to maintain the RD title.

**Not all questions are guaranteed to be answered. Any questions are subject to be edited or removed.

Replies

• penkenshops
    penkenshops Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same situation as @minzo27. I just had a SIBO test on3/25. No results yet. I am over 60 but moderately active. I swim almost daily weather permitting after a break in the winter. I try to eat mostly whole foods. Any diet suggestions? I have tried FODMAP but it’s not sustainable! Thank you.
  • thestarlings41
    thestarlings41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take calcium supplements as cannot tolerate Dairy but find it impacts on my Diverticulitis
    If I stop the calcium impacts on my weight
    Any suggestions welcome
This discussion has been closed.