Have a Health & Nutrition Question? Ask the RD!

Options

Replies

• SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am very addicted to sweets. I crave sweets after meals and in the evening hours! 😩 Please Help!
  • RachelKH2018
    RachelKH2018 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Are artificial sweeteners really that bad for you, assuming moderation? I know some make me gassy, but hear from everyone and their mothers how terrible they are, and I haven't found much to support that other than "they might make you hungrier/crave more".
  • flaviact2006
    flaviact2006 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I am 32 years old and need to lose weight from 82 kg, to around 60 kg, so 20 kg
    I am starting a gym program and working on a calorie deficit, how would my macros look like?
    I will start on 1200 / 1400 calories. Thank you
  • cougartam
    cougartam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Post menopause and struggling to get rid of belly fat ! I workout with peloton and weight training 6 days a week . Idk what to do ??
  • MoonDuo
    MoonDuo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see that there are a few questions already about eating enough proteins without blowing up carbs and fat - I have that same issue. I have also been working out alot - eating clean foods just less than 2000 cals per day but weight loss is minimal. I am now looking closer at macros. How important is that in conjunction with watching calorie intake?
  • kluopa1
    kluopa1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been eating at a deficit for awhile now. I have successfully lost 140lbs! While not yet to my goal weight (15 lbs to go), about 6 weeks ago I added 50 calories per day with the goal to slowly increase my intake while maintaining my weight or even continuing to lose. But what I've found is that I'm just maintaining. Have I not given it long enough? Is there another way for me to do this? I am a 42 year old woman with PCOS.
  • adonaisgirl
    adonaisgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Autoimmune Encephalopathy. What tips do you have for eating well with my illness?
  • Hossm
    Hossm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Had a knee replacement in January 58 year old male are there foods to help in recovery and or to avoid ?
  • gaillynn1970
    gaillynn1970 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in perimenopause and feel I eat fairly healthy, but I constantly feel like I’m bloated, especially in the morning. Wondering if adding a probiotic to my daily routine would help with this and if so what kind?
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Should I be concerned about low triglycerides? My normal values are around 40. Due to dry eye, it's been recommended that I take fish oil supplements. However, when I do, my triglycerides drop closer to 30 (which flags as too low on my blood work). My total cholesterol, HDL, glucose, etc are all in healthy ranges. I'm 57 and at a normal BMI. I'm a pescatarian, but I eat vegetarian 19-20 meals weekly.
  • iiotoko
    iiotoko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on intermittent fasting and/or two/three-day fasting? I am on a reduced carb diet since January, I have lost >10kg - do you have any suggestions on how I can reduce the intense cravings I often experience? Thanks!
  • yarahz4161
    yarahz4161 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What’s the best food for losing weight?

What are the best ways to lose weight?
  • qnchwjj7nd
    qnchwjj7nd Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi..
    I always have heard cal in calls out.. you should have a calorie deficit to lose weight.. then you hear you are not eating enough.. you are starving your body.. I have tried WW.no luck.. Adkin's diet.. lost then gained..

I lift 4 days a week. HIT 3 days a week. Average cals burned 350- 400.
    I have been tracking my cals.. which I see an average 1100-1200
    I am 61. And weigh 171. I would love to lose 20 lbs.. just can’t seem to find my balance.. what am I doing wrong??? PLEASE HELP
  • hpandhaal4515
    hpandhaal4515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, what are the benefits of intermittent fasting to eating breakfast or vice versa. Does eating breakfast kick start your metabolism? Is it better to eat every 2 or so hours as opposed to 3 meals a day…. I’m not looking at loosing weight but maintaining it…. Struggling with getting rid of lower belly fat though.
  • tanya160
    tanya160 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any tips for us protein hungry vegetarians? I love my carbs just really struggle to hit my protein goal unless I plan with military precision. Any advice or ideas for quick and easy vegetarian protein boosters? Thanks :)
  • hashes92
    hashes92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on a weight loss journey for 10 months and have lost 63 lbs. For the last month, I've fallen down and have been having unbelievable sweet cravings. Can you tell me how to get off this Rollercoaster and get back on track? I still have about 25-30 lbs to lose. Thanks!
  • 4eva12
    4eva12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have GERD. Some of my triggers are fatty foods and meat, even lean meat. My doctor has also told me losing weight would help. I’ve worked with a dietician, who advised me to increase my protein but suggestions were lean meats and nuts. I could really use some suggestions for proteins that aren’t meat based or high in fat.
  • HikerDave
    HikerDave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow. You sure have your work cut out for you Stephanie. I may of had a question but after seeing how many posts you'll have to answer I'm just going to say that I hope you have a safe and healthy rest of the year. ;)
  • FitbyChristmas
    FitbyChristmas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 60 years old, work at a desk all day, am about 60 lbs overweight,
    and have moderate/severe Osteoarthritis in both knees. What are some good exercises that will help with muscle building and weight loss but won't negatively impact my Knees?
  • Stein68
    Stein68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease. I’m still trying to figure out what causes my excess gas in my tummy plus foods that trigger inflammation as well. What are some foods I need to stay away from so these things don’t come to bay? I know onions, broccoli, cauliflower, oats are some that I can’t eat. Any advice?
This discussion has been closed.