Looking for ladies "tummy apron" success stories!

Options
123457»

Replies

• Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my highest was 333lbs and I'm now at 168 but I'm still obese because I'm so short, have about 50-60lbs to lose.... anyway as you can see, I've lost a significant amount of weight, my apron is huge! Unfortunately I don't think there's anything physically I can do at this point but surgery :( I tried working it out but the apron won't decrease even by a little bit.... congratulations to all the ladies that have done well though <3
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 143 to 105, am 5'6" and my apron has gone down and doesn't protrude as much, it hangs a little thinner - I walk, garden and do Yoga with an emphasis on really squeezing and compressing my abs. After reading all these posts, I am hopeful that when I get down to my 170 goal weight the apron will continue to get smaller. Thanks for the thread. Chicagogal :)
  • RevivingRachel
    RevivingRachel Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread. I didn't know there was a name for this area. I've always referred to it as a front butt, lol. You have all given me hope that I can get rid of mine as I continue on my weightloss journey. Going to take some "before" pictures tonight so I will be able to compare.
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost 50 pounds and still have about 25 more to lose. My stomach just hangs more - I’ve had 4 C-sections over 3 decades (my 20s, 30s, and 40s). I’ve pretty much accepted it.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    This is a zombie post, but I’ll pitch in. I’ve lost 40% of my body weight from age 56 til now at 59. I’ve had extra skin everywhere you can think of but belly being the toughest and most resilient.

It does go down, with time, continued maintenance and good nutrition, and exercise.

Several things have helped me, expected and unexpected.

Expected:
    Core work (Pilates)
    Weightlifting

Unexpected:
    Stomach vacuums (search the term, it’s not what you’re thinking)

Totally Unexpected:
    Aquafit classes. Yes, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say I’ve had significant improvement after starting aquafit. But you can’t stand there and gossip and just paddle your arms around. You have to really throw yourself into it. Like boot camp in the water get your heart rate way up there level effort.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I have a massive "mother's apron" even though I never carried a child, just a belly. I'm about 25 pounds away from my goal weight and it's still very pronounced. I don't have anything extra on the rest of me either, it all just settled in my gut. So I'm hoping to see some successes too.
  • nassarine1
    nassarine1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My top weight, 278. Lost 50 pounds, but had the apron prior to losing the weight. I'm 67, had two very large baby boys followed quickly by twin girls. My apron is here to stay unfortunately.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    nassarine1 wrote: »
    My top weight, 278. Lost 50 pounds, but had the apron prior to losing the weight. I'm 67, had two very large baby boys followed quickly by twin girls. My apron is here to stay unfortunately.

If you care to try some weight training, it will help.

If not, spandex, Lycra, and high waistbands are your friends. They hold my extra skin in!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!