4"11 ladies (very short and overqeight)

Options

Replies

• shopnisluv
    shopnisluv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and was at 150. I am currently at 138. My goal weight is around 115. I have always hated being short. But I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one.
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am about 5ft tall and I was weighing 234, I am down to 203 now. It's weird for me because of my body type. I am pear shaped, big hips, big behind but thinner on top. Even in middle school I felt fat because I had huge hips and a bit of a belly compared to others. So I understand your frustration but hey! Short people are awesome! Lol add me if you need support!
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 4'11" was 128 in February now 107. This site has been great! Please can you add me to the group as I would like to lose another 2/3lbs and support others!

Thank you
    Angie x
  • sxyasnmom
    sxyasnmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and started at 196lbs. last July 2010. I am now 129lbs. Looking to burn another 10-15% body fat.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and a half. Don't forget the half! *lol*

My high weight was 277 lbs. Seven years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on metformin. That one change caused me to lose 16 lbs. Then in Sep 2005, I had weight loss surgery, and the surgery helped me to lose another 101 lbs. The surgery I had (called the Duodenal Switch) causes the body to not absorb 81% of the fat that I eat, but only fat - not carbs or protein. Then I plateaued around 155-160lbs for five years.

Because of that I've had difficulty figuring how much I really needed to eat to lose more weight because a calorie is no longer a calorie for me. If I eat 1000 calories of carbs, that's 1000 calories, but if I eat 1000 calories of fat, that's only 200 calories. (You can see why this would be confusing.)

When I joined MFP three months ago, I figured out a way to incorporate what I call "DS math" into "My Exercises" so that I can see *real* numbers on what I'm taking in, and what I need. That one change has made it possible for me to continue my weight loss journey because now I can truly see what I'm taking in.

All that to say - I'm excited because for the first time EVER, I actually feel in control of my weight, and can actual *do* something to lose weight. I finally have all the tools in place to make it work. In the last three months, I've lost 16lbs and I'm currently around 144. I have no idea where I'm really going to end up. I have *never* been this small before. The last time I was 143 lbs was 8th grade, and back then I was the 2nd biggest girl in my class so I didn't appreciate it.

The weight range for our height is like 93 to 123 lbs, and since I've never been there, I'm not sure what my goal will be. My plan is to stair step down in 5lb increments until I find a weight/size/shape that feels right. I don't *think* I'm still 50lbs overweight, but who knows. I used to think I was big boned, too, and found out I was wrong.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for one week now. Monitoring all my food and exercising (30 Day Shred for 20 minutes every day and Cardio for one hour twice) except Sunday and I hopped on the scale today to find I'd lost 2.6lbs!

I've started on a good note, I think. Now I just have to keep it up! Hopefully in six months I'll be prancing around in my favorite size 3 skirt and heels again!

I'd love to hear your success stories and what worked for you to help you continue losing weight. Any tips and ideas are welcome! And feel free to friend me :)
  • MissD89
    MissD89 Posts: 102
    Options
    Okay...Ima gonna use dat! :o)

Cool, the present is suppose to represent the package. I added mines now too:bigsmile:

how do u add it?
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'0 and I completely understand. Any weight gain makes us look heavier than what we are. My goal is to lose 15 lbs. Sounds like there are a lot of us short women out there that are wanting to lose weight and feel healthier. We should start our own forum. Just a thought :bigsmile: Terri
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    Ok ladies - how do I add that awesome banner to my profile?
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 0" and have lost over 80 pounds since my highest weight and lost the last 25 using this site to log my food and exercise. I love Jillian Michaels workouts, running, and lifting weights. Anything is possible!
  • Sophie050808
    Options
    Hi!

I'm around 4"11 (maybe 4"10) and am 126 pounds right now. Started here a few weeks ago at 133 after losing 25 pounds I had put on from my now 5 month old baby. My goal is 115. Would love to join the group...is there anything I need to do?
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Okay...Ima gonna use dat! :o)

Cool, the present is suppose to represent the package. I added mines now too:bigsmile:

how do u add it?

First off, since it's hosted with tinypics.com I *think* it okay for us to use it as is and not save it and upload it to our own image host, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Right click on the banner you want, and select Copy image location.
    2. At the top of this page right under where it says Message Boards>>..... click on Signature.
    3. Put in [i m g]paste what you copied[/ i m g] but do not put the spaces in between the "img" like I did.
    4. Save your new signature.

Did I make any mistakes in there?
  • MissD89
    Options
    Publication11.jpg
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    MissD, you'll want to not use HTML...try just grabbing the link and putting it in image tags. Like: [ img] and [ /img] with the link in between. DO NOT INCLUDE THE SPACES.
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Closer MissD! Change the capital IMG to img and it should work
  • MissD89
    Options
    Publication11.jpg
  • MissD89
    Options
    Publication11.jpg
  • TooFatToFit
    Options
    Publication11.jpg

Change the capital IMG's to lowercase img's.

There, I see it now. It sure is nice. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!