Options
    I still have friends

That irks you ? 🥺

No 😂 I tried quoting, didn't work

Phew.. 🤣😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Soooooo much but just now....not one...not two...not even three...but SEVEN started rolls of toilet paper in the back bathroom (which I don't usually go into).

WTF is up with that?
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    F# m is the most beautiful chord but why does it have to be so hard to play and sustain on guitar
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of only sharing my "highs" on Insta, never my "lows". I was going to change that by posting about my struggles with boredom eating today when two of the hottest ladies in my friend circle decided to send a follow request. Ffs!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,191 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of only sharing my "highs" on Insta, never my "lows". I was going to change that by posting about my struggles with boredom eating today when two of the hottest ladies in my friend circle decided to send a follow request. Ffs!

I don't think you should feel "guilty_ only sharing highs. I remember someone once saying back by in the say you'd only put your good photos in an album why would we share those over exposed or of our thumbs? Personally I'd rather see posts about highs and your triumphs. We all have crappy times we don't have to share everything....show the hot chicks your awesome accomplishments
  • happimess01
    Options

I don't think you should feel "guilty_ only sharing highs. I remember someone once saying back by in the say you'd only put your good photos in an album why would we share those over exposed or of our thumbs? Personally I'd rather see posts about highs and your triumphs. We all have crappy times we don't have to share everything....show the hot chicks your awesome accomplishments

I use to think like that but then I came across the work of Brene brown. It takes strength to accomplish and share a PR on a deadlift but it takes even more strength to admit you binge ate 3 tubs of Ben and Jerry's last night lol. I am more impressed by the latter idk. Also, I am trying to stop saying "chicks" this year as it seems dehumanizing coming from a guy..like couple of frat bros going on in a party. It's fine coming from you though :) ok I will shut up now lol
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

I use to think like that but then I came across the work of Brene brown. It takes strength to accomplish and share a PR on a deadlift but it takes even more strength to admit you binge ate 3 tubs of Ben and Jerry's last night lol. I am more impressed by the latter idk. Also, I am trying to stop saying "chicks" this year as it seems dehumanizing coming from a guy..like couple of frat bros going on in a party. It's fine coming from you though :) ok I will shut up now lol

Oh you read it in a book hahaha.
    Posting you ate 3 tubs of Ben and Jerry's to me is attention seeking and takes no strength to post at all nothing takes strength to post. We a have crap to deal with, by posting about it you can thinking that you're saying yours trumps mine. Perhaps confiding in a friend something like this is more appropriate than posting it for all your friends to see, unless you're on say a diet and fitness site where people are interested. As for "chicks", what book did you read that in? Hahah. I'll shut up now cause this post is really super unfun
  • happimess01
    Options

Oh you read it in a book hahaha.
    Posting you ate 3 tubs of Ben and Jerry's to me is attention seeking and takes no strength to post at all nothing takes strength to post. We a have crap to deal with, by posting about it you can thinking that you're saying yours trumps mine. Perhaps confiding in a friend something like this is more appropriate than posting it for all your friends to see, unless you're on say a diet and fitness site where people are interested. As for "chicks", what book did you read that in? Hahah. I'll shut up now cause this post is really super unfun

Not a book, but I saw her Ted talk sometime back. Maybe it's a personal thing but I definitely admire those more who show their failures and not just their wins. And yes, I read the chick thing in a book. This might be surprising to you but many of us looking to learn new things take up reading haha
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Re: Ben and Jerry's.....are we talking pints or bigger?

Ben and Jerry's is one of my weaknesses. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Why do my dogs eat dirt? :( And then why oh why do they choose to throw up on the rug instead of easier-to-clean floors? And then why-oh-why does one of them bark at the door at 3:45 a.m. to go outside and eat grass? Why do their minds not tell them to simply stop eating dirt in the first place??

My mistake for not supervising 100% yesterday, in the backyard, instead of washing my car in the driveway. :/
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Why do my dogs eat dirt? :( And then why oh why do they choose to throw up on the rug instead of easier-to-clean floors? And then why-oh-why does one of them bark at the door at 3:45 a.m. to go outside and eat grass? Why do their minds not tell them to simply stop eating dirt in the first place??

My mistake for not supervising 100% yesterday, in the backyard, instead of washing my car in the driveway. :/

Hahah. Don't dogs do stuff like that to clean out their system? I always thought that was the explanation....or they're just dumb. But my Nana always said dogs were brilliant 😂
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Cleaning
    ofyebvw7wr8l.jpg
  • MuffinMix6
    MuffinMix6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My brother was visiting with his two boys and although I love having them around, their table manners are so gross. My brother and his wife are very paranoid about covid but they all lick their fingers while their eating. So disgusting.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    MuffinMix6 wrote: »
    My brother was visiting with his two boys and although I love having them around, their table manners are so gross. ... So disgusting.

I remember having job interviews or evaluations that frequently included a meal out; the sole purpose of which was so the employer could decide whether or not I might be a civilised human. Bro & W mightn't be doing those boys any favours by letting the appalling become the norm.

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    The constant headache and drippy nose.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,706 Member
    Options

Hope you're feeling better soon 🍵 🍲 (that's hot tea and chicken soup)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,493 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

Hope you're feeling better soon 🍵 🍲 (that's hot tea and chicken soup)

Thank you! 😊
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm not racist and I'm totally down with slavery being abolished (unless someone wants to come clean my apt and cook for me for free 😀) and there being a holiday for that but there is NO reason the tax deadline had to be extended until tomorrow because Emancipation Day is on Saturday! The 15th was on a Friday but we still had to have all this weekend pressure??

Also, the weather's nice and it's getting dark at a respectable 7:15ish and I can't take advantage because if I walk on concrete for too long now, I have bad abdominal pain.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    My nice relaxing four-day weekend is being rudely interrupted by my father who, upon learning that I have Monday off, wants me to drive him to his accountant's to give them a cheque for his taxes. Not sure why he can't just MAIL a cheque like everyone else. Or why he can't take a driving service (they have a special one for mobility-impaired people) on another day when I'm at work.