Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• Lady_ofthee_lakes
    Lady_ofthee_lakes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I struggle every day and night with a neurological condition effecting my whole body and my consciousness…that’s undiagnosed, the doctors just treat the symptoms best they can fighting to keep me alive. I’m just going with the flow trying to be happy, do everything I can to be as healthy as possible and pretend I’m fine. 👍😜

I pray you get healed soon and you live a long prosperous life.

Thank you 🤗
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I struggle every day and night with a neurological condition effecting my whole body and my consciousness…that’s undiagnosed, the doctors just treat the symptoms best they can fighting to keep me alive. I’m just going with the flow trying to be happy, do everything I can to be as healthy as possible and pretend I’m fine. 👍😜

I pray you get healed soon and you live a long prosperous life.

Thank you 🤗

You are most welcome.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    I almost always feel out of place in social situations.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    I'm very intuitive. It has never failed me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    wc4w5c3vixp6.jpeg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I realized today that I'm not intimidated by people or their status or situation, maybe that's why I generally make friends anywhere I go. I like talking to people and listening to their stories.

I wish this was me but I feel like the exact opposite. People usually intimidate me, no matter what, so to make it simpler and less stressful for myself, I stay inside my own head and very seldom talk with others, let alone make new friends. :/
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I believe 5% of the conspiracy theories out there...but listen to 100% of them! ;)
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    I realized today that I'm not intimidated by people or their status or situation, maybe that's why I generally make friends anywhere I go. I like talking to people and listening to their stories.

I wish this was me but I feel like the exact opposite. People usually intimidate me, no matter what, so to make it simpler and less stressful for myself, I stay inside my own head and very seldom talk with others, let alone make new friends. :/

Awww I was kind of shy until I was about 18 when I decided that I have a voice that's just as important as everyone else's and most people you see in passing so why do I care what they think of me. I think I just have a soft spot for lonely older people or ones with some sort of challenges that isolate them or makes others overlook them.

But really I think I just have an abundance of self confidence. Just start faking it and eventually it'll feel normal. I mean really if someone takes your friendliness uncomfortably that's really their issue not yours
  • jakovick1857
    jakovick1857 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always had high expectations of myself. Try to live up to them and overanalyzed situations if what I gave was good enough. I realized they were not even my expectations. They were the expectations of others or expectations I thought I had to live up to.
    I try to find my real expectations towards myself these days and fulfill them. Hope I manage before they change again 😉
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    WTH is wrong with me? :( The house next door has been sold. New neighbors moving in very soon. I *want* to be a good welcoming neighbor but am ridiculously stressed about introducing myself. :( And it doesn't help that the deceased neighbor's dd 'sang my praises'(as she put it) at the closing yesterday. Now the neighbor's expectations will be high. Once again people will assume I'm a snob compared to an extreme introvert.

'Get a grip. You're an adult. Fake it till you make it.'
    My ^ inner ^ conversation. Oy.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    WTH is wrong with me? :( The house next door has been sold. New neighbors moving in very soon. I *want* to be a good welcoming neighbor but am ridiculously stressed about introducing myself. :( And it doesn't help that the deceased neighbor's dd 'sang my praises'(as she put it) at the closing yesterday. Now the neighbor's expectations will be high. Once again people will assume I'm a snob compared to an extreme introvert.

Can't you simply leave a welcome note in their mailbox? Say something like I know moving is a busy time but wanted to welcome you to the neighbourhood and hope to see you around when you're settled in

Then you're not a snob or too introvert you put the ball in their court
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Can't you simply leave a welcome note in their mailbox? Say something like I know moving is a busy time but wanted to welcome you to the neighbourhood and hope to see you around when you're settled in

:*
    Thank you. It's weird because as much as I don't think I care anymore about what people think, I guess I still do. :/
    I'll probably suck it up when they look like they've settled in and bring them a plant or something. I can cut it as short as I feel the need to.
    I don't understand how my sister and I have the same genes but are so different in that respect. She's got a bazillion friends and talks to everybody, I'm the exact opposite. Give me my cave and I'll be happy. :)0
  • therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I almost always feel out of place in social situations.

As an introvert; this definitely resonates with me!

• Alinouveau2
    Options

:*
    Thank you. It's weird because as much as I don't think I care anymore about what people think, I guess I still do. :/
    I'll probably suck it up when they look like they've settled in and bring them a plant or something. I can cut it as short as I feel the need to.
    I don't understand how my sister and I have the same genes but are so different in that respect. She's got a bazillion friends and talks to everybody, I'm the exact opposite. Give me my cave and I'll be happy. :)0

Hey we're all different that's what makes this world fun!
  • therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    Options

(Hugs to you). I have been in a very similar situation before! People have assumed my entire life that I was “snobby”, but that couldn’t be further from the truth, I am the literal opposite of 😂. I’m very friendly with people, but because I’m an introvert & don’t go out of my way to greet/ meet people, I put off the wrong vibes apparently!
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

Wish you could find that one doctor who can diagnose your condition and actually help you. :( Don't give up!!
    {{hugs}}
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I remember getting terribly upset as a child when the horses would fall in the old Westerns.
    I cried like a little baby when I saw “Born Free” in the theater, think I was about 12.

Now, decades later I won’t even watch if there is any animal sadness in the show. (people not so much)
    I’m sure I’ve missed good movies but I just can’t.
    I bawl the whole time. 😭
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @honey_honey_12 I get it. I used to enjoy National Geographic shows until those wild animals would chase down an unsuspecting......ugh, I can't even think about it. Or those animal shelter commercials on TV that used to have background music by Sarah McLachlin(sp?). Or coming upon pictures of emaciated abused animals online. :( Breaks my heart.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    When I was a kid I’d steal some of my parents gin and mix it with cherry kool-aide.