Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    One more for the road.

https://youtu.be/IxlvxvG8zOE?t=229

• Unsafe__Space
    Unsafe__Space Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    parallel-parking-fail.gif

I haven't literally LOL'd this hard in a long while. Thank you.
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Wanna know a secret to making parallel parking easier? Neve try parking parallel by pulling into the spot with the front of your car. Pull past the spot and then back in.

In Italy we'd say "Wow! you've discovered hot water"!

😌 i's proud of myself. Perhaps you've discovered fire already 🤷🏻‍♂️. But just recently I witness somebody painfully butchering a parallel parking job by doing it the other way. So.. there are still cavemen out here.

Haven't seen Fred Flintstone driving around Rome recently. Where did you see this marvel? To pass a driving test, you need to parallel park.

I'm in Turkey 🇹🇷. I'm sorry to say but I think half the population should have their driving privelages suspended for a month while they learn safe driving in driving school 😬

From what I know--they're worse drivers than the Italians. And if you've ever been here, you know that'd take some doing. :D

No need to go to a theme park, just order a taxi ride if you're ever in Turkey. I ended up renting a car for some time. One thing that really scares me is that pedestrians will step out suddenly & unexpectedly into the road to cross it. Not just at crosswalks when the signal tells them to wait, but in unmarked areas of the road as well.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Unsafe__Space Do you ever want to go back, because I don't think I'd ever want to go. It's off my bucket list after what you've described. Truth...it was never on there in the first place. :D You should've visited Snowflake, ate pizza and spaghetti, bread, wine and artichokes.
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Unsafe__Space Do you ever want to go back, because I don't think I'd ever want to go. It's off my bucket list after what you've described. Truth...it was never on there in the first place. :D You should've visited Snowflake, ate pizza and spaghetti, bread, wine and artichokes.

No, I never want to come back. Not that there's something wrong with this country. Just, I would never again want to travel to a country where one of the languages I speak isn't predominantly spoken. My first option was Paris, but Western Europe is quite expensive and I've heard Paris has been experiencing political unrest lately with riots and protests. So then I thought maybe to go to Italy, but they require a 5-day quarantine upon arrival. So I opted for turkey instead.

One of these days I was walking the cobble streets near Galata Tower in Istanbul. A one of those sprinter transporter type vans drove past and the side mirror slapped my arm. Folded the mirror inward towards the van. The driver stopped and seemed sincere in his apologies, but then asked me to adjust his mirror before he took off 🤣. I'm just glad I didn't get completely ran down.

Another time I had a taxi driver take a wrong exit (granted it was a two-lane exit). He stopped, put his four-way flashers on, and backed up until he can get back onto the Interstate again. It was a pretty long ways.

The shenanigans on the roadways out here are outrageous.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Uhoh, Italy has a 5 day quarantine? My dds are planning a trip in early fall; hopefully that'll be lifted by then. :/

@Unsafe_Space hopefully your adventure will come to a safe and healthy end soon, you can get back home, and then start exploring better options!
  • Unsafe__Space
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Uhoh, Italy has a 5 day quarantine? My dds are planning a trip in early fall; hopefully that'll be lifted by then. :/

@Unsafe_Space hopefully your adventure will come to a safe and healthy end soon, you can get back home, and then start exploring better options!

I think the quarantine may be just for unvaccinated people, but you'll want to double-check that
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    To pass a driving test, you need to parallel park.

I got my license without ever taking a driving test. Talked my way out of it. And have talked my way out of every speeding ticket since.

OK--I'll stay far away from you on the road.
  • Unsafe__Space
    Options

I got my license without ever taking a driving test. Talked my way out of it. And have talked my way out of every speeding ticket since.

🤣 I like you
  • Unsafe__Space
    Options

Smooth talker, eh? Words smoother than oil
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Why is it so difficult to get anti-lock brakes installed, but it's so easy to get airbag deployment around the midsection? 😒
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

That was almost 30 years ago. No collisions.
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options

No. It's definitely the boobs.
  • Unsafe__Space
    Options

No. It's definitely the boobs.

I'm a legs man myself, so you'd be hard-pressed to use those things on me if I was the officer pulling you over. Maybe I'm weird but I always liked smaller breasts.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm not going to any place where I'll have to be dewormed like my dog when I get home. That's my mother speaking. She was always checking us for ticks and worms. OMG, she used a flashlight.
    bhrambfk7uvz.png
    My cousin had worms from eating too many dirt sandwiches. She looked like a strip of bacon until they dewormed her. Now, she wishes she had them back.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    @Unsafe__Space If you had a do-over, where would you go. You've cooked my goose-turkey. It's done, I'm never going.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    That I should probably buy a replacement box of crackers for my boss' office that I've been eating.

And before any one comes at me, I'm not stealing food from his mouth. I don't even know what they're doing in there because he's reeeeeeeeeeally good at moderating carbs. 😀 But the box was full when I started a few weeks ago and now, not so much.

I only wanted to try ONE!
  • Unsafe__Space
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Unsafe__Space If you had a do-over, where would you go. You've cooked my goose-turkey. It's done, I'm never going.

Who knows, you may love Turkey. As for me? Hawaii, without hesitation. Expensive it may be but it's worth it.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,213 Member
    Options
    Why did the house coming on the market with the awesome backyard have to be the ugliest house on the street???