What irks you today?

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,660 Member
    edited April 2022
    glassyo wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not racist and I'm totally down with slavery being abolished (unless someone wants to come clean my apt and cook for me for free 😀) and there being a holiday for that but there is NO reason the tax deadline had to be extended until tomorrow because Emancipation Day is on Saturday! The 15th was on a Friday but we still had to have all this weekend pressure??

Also, the weather's nice and it's getting dark at a respectable 7:15ish and I can't take advantage because if I walk on concrete for too long now, I have bad abdominal pain.

I don't understand how having extra time put pressure on you. You could've just mailed them in on the 15th, couldn't you? (Or on the 8th like I did, because I was going to be out of town this week.) Sending you a hug. Hope you weren't too stressed this weekend.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    My nice relaxing four-day weekend is being rudely interrupted by my father who, upon learning that I have Monday off, wants me to drive him to his accountant's to give them a cheque for his taxes. Not sure why he can't just MAIL a cheque like everyone else. Or why he can't take a driving service (they have a special one for mobility-impaired people) on another day when I'm at work.

Pay it online. Soooooooo much easier and faster and confirmation...er. :)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited April 2022
    Argh people(businesses) who don't respond to calls, emails, texts, etc. I was trying to rectify a lost HD gift card issue and after countless emails back to customer service(we'd been in contact a couple times), along with a couple phone calls, I needed a copy of the original receipt which I sent them, then zip.

Then tried ordering gift cards for golfing, tried calling, emailing, texting, even went to the club and couldn't find a darn soul despite their saying they're open 9-5, I finally ordered them online and am now waiting on a reply to make sure it all went through. It's been a week now. So I'll check my credit card account and see.

People just don't respond. Or I'm clearly not doing anything right. :/ Which could be the case as well.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Re: Ben and Jerry's.....are we talking pints or bigger?

Ben and Jerry's is one of my weaknesses. :)

Mine too! Which one is your fav? I love Netflix and chilled, half baked and cone together.

Wait there are bigger sizes than the pint? You should not have told me that😅
  • ReenieHJ

Mine too! Which one is your fav? I love Netflix and chilled, half baked and cone together.

Haha no, I think they just come in pints. I haven't seen other sizes and it's a good thing. :/ My favorite is Peanut Butter Cup. But there are many others I wouldn't say no to. :)
  • glassyo
    I deserve that goddamn raise I haven't gotten for 3 years after going above and beyond for 2 clients today AFTER leaving work early just so they'd leave my boss alone who earned a few days rest.

So, of course, I couldn't do the work I'd planned on doing while at home.
  • happimess01

Haha no, I think they just come in pints. I haven't seen other sizes and it's a good thing. :/ My favorite is Peanut Butter Cup. But there are many others I wouldn't say no to. :)

Yea thank god, there is some justice in the world. Peanut butter cup has the highest calories..like 1400 if I am not mistaken. Otherwise it would have been one of my favs as well.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    When the start of a new toilet roll is glued firmly and I have to tear it to pieces to start it. 😠
  • IngMarie1inSpain
    IngMarie1inSpain Posts: 7 Member
    what irks me today (this week) my fitbit charge3. screen does not light up very strong ,if at all, bought 2019 it failed after about 9 month, got a replacement now, again same thing.😱
  • ReenieHJ
    When the start of a new toilet roll is glued firmly and I have to tear it to pieces to start it. 😠

I get irked when wrapping paper comes taped up. So by the time you get the tape off, you've already torn enough to wrap a package.
  • ReenieHJ

Yea thank god, there is some justice in the world. Peanut butter cup has the highest calories..like 1400 if I am not mistaken. Otherwise it would have been one of my favs as well.

Yeh, well, if I'm going to indulge, it's going to be exactly what I need. Lol Peanut butter junkie here. :o
  • happimess01

Yeh, well, if I'm going to indulge, it's going to be exactly what I need. Lol Peanut butter junkie here. :o

hear, hear!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 976 Member
    @MsCzar I totally agree with you in regards to abandoning your own threads being frustrating to others. I have thought (I did not check this out in anyway whatsoever), but these may be people new to MyFitnessPal and don’t know how to re-access their threads. Just a thought.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    My nice relaxing four-day weekend is being rudely interrupted by my father who, upon learning that I have Monday off, wants me to drive him to his accountant's to give them a cheque for his taxes. Not sure why he can't just MAIL a cheque like everyone else. Or why he can't take a driving service (they have a special one for mobility-impaired people) on another day when I'm at work.

He's 83, he doesn't do online banking. I think this payment would have exceeded the allowable limit anyway.
  • glassyo

He's 83, he doesn't do online banking. I think this payment would have exceeded the allowable limit anyway.

Oooh ok. Now I'm confused if the money was for the govt or the accountants and, God, I need to maybe take a real day off.

So, yeah, he could have mailed the check! :)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,430 Member
    The wind 💨
  • ReenieHJ
    Increasing water intake=increasing bathroom breaks