What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Today I'm irked by people who can't be bothered to get up so you can get into your window seat when you're boarding a plane. Seriously. If I trip and land in your lap lady, it's your own fault.

i'd say don't even be like "if i trip"

step one, sit in her lap
    step two, swing your legs over
    step three, transfer yourself into your seat

Hopefully you get to see some cool cloud views!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Amazon continuing to advertise "fast" delivery...
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Sitting here in my office while everyone else is talking and laughing and enjoying the Halloween pot-luck, feeling awkward and uncomfortable and alone and different because I don't know how to do what they are doing... while being pressured to come be part of the group that I'll never really feel like I'm part of because it's all superficial office nonsense... just wanting desperately to be left alone but also wanting to feel wanted/important.

The feelings are so strong but also so at odds with each other that I feel like I might explode, if such a thing were possible. Spontaneous emotional combustion?

I'll put in my earbuds and put on a podcast and continue to do my work. At least I won't hear them...

Buddyyyy I know this feeling. I got nothin’ on advice other than get real into small talk.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,049 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Sitting here in my office while everyone else is talking and laughing and enjoying the Halloween pot-luck, feeling awkward and uncomfortable and alone and different because I don't know how to do what they are doing... while being pressured to come be part of the group that I'll never really feel like I'm part of because it's all superficial office nonsense... just wanting desperately to be left alone but also wanting to feel wanted/important.

The feelings are so strong but also so at odds with each other that I feel like I might explode, if such a thing were possible. Spontaneous emotional combustion?

I'll put in my earbuds and put on a podcast and continue to do my work. At least I won't hear them...

This is relatable. The thing is …even if it can be tedious, sometimes to feel part of the group you have to put yourself out there and do the social pleasantries. Sometimes it is worth it, sometimes it’s a pleasant surprise, sometimes you learn a nasty lesson and sometimes it’s better to do your own thing.

Did you end up taking Mac and cheese with chicken tenders or the chili?

I have no irks today - to keep it on topic.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I have this habit of going to the corner gas station for my pick me up diet soda and it's usually around the same time everyday. My boss says a client's coming in today at that time that I'm supposed to help.

And @jjpptt2 I wish I had words of wisdom for you but you remind me of me so much right now. And I won't believe the mac & cheese was that good unless you send samples. A huge container of samples. :) (God, I love my carbs...and chocolate...and sugar. Suuuuuuure could use the protein of that pulled pork too, tho!)

(I'd also be the annoying one trying to get you out there to socialize.)
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,049 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »

This is relatable. The thing is …even if it can be tedious, sometimes to feel part of the group you have to put yourself out there and do the social pleasantries. Sometimes it is worth it, sometimes it’s a pleasant surprise, sometimes you learn a nasty lesson and sometimes it’s better to do your own thing.

Did you end up taking Mac and cheese with chicken tenders or the chili?

I have no irks today - to keep it on topic.

I know that rationally. And I also know that I don't actually want to be part of that group. I'm just soooooo tired of feeling different.

I made mac and cheese, bought pulled pork from a local BBQ place. Mac and cheese was really good, so I'm good at something, at least for now.

Sounds like the food was a hit though! Enjoy your podcast. :)
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    On my ONLY day off this week the neighbors on the opposite side of the building have been loudly arguing for about an hour now and maintenance is starting their leaf blowing which will last for another few hours. So much for catching up on rest 😤
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I have this habit of going to the corner gas station for my pick me up diet soda and it's usually around the same time everyday. My boss says a client's coming in today at that time that I'm supposed to help.

Aaaaaaand I apparently helped by standing around and being handed the checks the client wrote. :)

Now, I'm irked I have a dilemma. A client just brought us food but....from a place I'm opposed to because the owner is homophobic. But...free food! What do I do????

Edited to add: Not much of a dilemma anymore. I had some fries and tried the chicken sandwich he bought and MY GOD IS THAT SPICY!!!!! so I threw out the insides and ate the bun.

Reedited for spelling/grammar: Threw! THREW!!! See how I can't take even a little bit of spicy??? :)
  • Eric50877
    Eric50877 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Crappy weather :-/
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Dang it. I found the perfect sherpa checked plaid jacket this a.m. that I came back to order just now and they've changed the whole dang website. Now I can't find it and not sure if going through a zillion pages is worth it or not. Must be a sign to save my money. But it's not often I buy anything new that hits me, ya know?
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    Rain...again and wet shoes. I can't deal with wet toes
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Being cursed with terrible skin, forever, always.

I'll never have clear skin. **sigh**

Yes but you have such a nice face so
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Rocks that hit and crack the windshield while driving
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Yes but you have such a nice face so

:blush: Thank you.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Dang it. I found the perfect sherpa checked plaid jacket this a.m. that I came back to order just now and they've changed the whole dang website. Now I can't find it and not sure if going through a zillion pages is worth it or not. Must be a sign to save my money. But it's not often I buy anything new that hits me, ya know?

Omfw
    I need to put this post on the senior moments thread. :/ I finally found what I was looking for. On an entirely different site. :s