What irks you today?

Replies

• litha_
    litha_ Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 22
    When I see somebody that tries to act like they are superior to someone who is trying to help them. Whether it’s a transaction with a coffee order, directions whatever…..if they treat that person as beneath them, or like they are lowly by getting rude, demanding, showing no manners, patience or class it’s a RED FLAG. I don’t care how well dressed you think you are, how intelligent or superior. You’re not. Entitled pond scum in my book.🤮 Watching this person yesterday at an event got me thinking about the observer effect in psychology and how people act when alone vs in public. On their own vs in groups. Maybe this belongs in the red flag thread but I was irked and thought what a pos.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,511 Member
    When I allow myself to jump to conclusions. For the past 2 mornings, I'm hearing this noise that I think is somebody's engine running for a long time. People tend to do that sometimes to warm up their car. But it's been hot here. So I start grumbling about gas prices/wasting precious fuels to myself in my mind. I finally figured out it's dh's fan upstairs making the noise. :/
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 416 Member
    I caught my coworker’s “allergies.”
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 5,754 Member
    Once again I procrastinated and didn’t accomplish what I should have.
    Self sabotage?
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 270 Member
    I have a herniated disc in my low back and I have to rest...and I just finished putting together a new home gym space, which I can't use right now. Crying over here.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,592 Member
    Badly needing cough medicine and finding the only one in the house is 7 years out of date 😔
  • honey_honey_12
    Badly needing cough medicine and finding the only one in the house is 7 years out of date 😔

Hope you feel better soon! 🌷
    Hot tea with a little honey and bourbon.
    Works! 💗
  • slimgirljo15

Hope you feel better soon! 🌷
    Hot tea with a little honey and bourbon.
    Works! 💗

Thank you Mel 🤗
  • honey_honey_12
    The term ‘triggered’.
    People morphing it into an excuse. 🙄
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 9,910 Member

Sending his your way. Please take care. If you don't have bourbon, substitute whiskey.
  • slimgirljo15
    cmsienk wrote: »

Sending his your way. Please take care. If you don't have bourbon, substitute whiskey.

Thank you 🙂 I should try that before I cough up a lung.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 9,910 Member
    edited May 24
    cmsienk wrote: »

Thank you 🙂 I should try that before I cough up a lung.

Oops! That was 'sending hugs your way'
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,511 Member
    Feel better Jo!!

Argh my morning irk is that my mouse is all effed up and I can't seem to live without it. :(
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 8,539 Member
    edited May 24
    The fact that at 6 ft, I have to get down to 73 kgs/ 160 lbs to have a chin. My body hates it and won't let me go below 77 kgs no matter what 😭😭 Stupid genetics, what can you do
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 208 Member
    5 lb bag of clementines costing over $7 at the Walmart neighborhood market but $4 in the Walmart Supercenters. Same company. About a mile apart 😑
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,031 Member
    5 lb bag of clementines costing over $7 at the Walmart neighborhood market but $4 in the Walmart Supercenters. Same company. About a mile apart 😑

Wut.. I'd go drive a mile further..

Never heard of neighborhood market.. 🤔
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 208 Member
    lx1x wrote: »

I didn't either until they built one in my neighborhood 2 years ago. Just groceries, pharmacy and a gas station.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,031 Member
    lx1x wrote: »

I didn't either until they built one in my neighborhood 2 years ago. Just groceries, pharmacy and a gas station.

I assume they charge more for convenience.. 🤷‍♂️

Are the prices jacked up or just that one item?
  • slimgirljo15
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Feel better Jo!!

Argh my morning irk is that my mouse is all effed up and I can't seem to live without it. :(

Thank you Reenie 🤗