WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Dang it! I bought Stevia in the Raw and looked it up when I got home. It has dextrose in it which is as bad as sugar. There might be less of it but I can't find how to compare doses. But they use dextrose medically to fix low blood sugar because it gives such a spike. I guess there's no way around giving up sugar.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,822 Member
    Options
    Taking the day off from park work today. I’ve done 10 days straight and am tired! Running some errands(bank, PO, vet, groceries)and bringing DH to dentist for last impressions before he gets his dentures. He is excited but I don’t believe he will wear them.

Breakfast usual plain yogurt and Catalina Crunch Keto cereal.
    Lunch - in town TBD.
    Dinner, TBD depends how hungry I and how late I’ve had lunch.

RvRita in Roswell NM
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Well we had snow last evening. Really pretty heavy large flakes. Ended up with more snow then we have had all winter put together. This morning when I went out to go to work it is all gone. Crazy weather. But grateful for the moisture.

Michele--Wish I could excited like you about exercise. I just have so much trouble keeping at it everyday or every couple days. Hope all goes well with Jess's graduation. Just a thought, but maybe Denise doesn't want to come as she feels some mixed feelings about Jess following her dream.

Karen--They ended up with 2 fireman killed in relation to 2 of the fires. Been since a strange year and so grateful for the rain.

2 of our granddaughters have gotten into records. I did not realize they even made them anymore. Any way Paytn got a record player for her birthday in Feb and so we have gotten her a couple albums. Then our granddaughter Addie was over the other night and her and papa were talking so he took her downstairs to look at records I did not realize we had. Ended up her taking several home, now she is hoping for a record player for her birthday in Aug. Ended up we went out and bought her one and one for us and we will take it over Thursday evening and give it to her. Got her one that comes in a carrying case and think she will be happy. Now last couple night we have been listening to old 70-80's records, woodstock the other night.

I am off work tomorrow as go into heart doctor in the morning for some tests. They do them every 2 years as I have a value that does not work just right. I missed last year because of Covid. Going to enjoy the rest of the day doing nothing as calling for rain all day.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Cool, drippy day here. Horses and goats are hanging out in the shelters. I have gotten a little housework done and will go to water exercise in about an hour. I am going to take the truck today as it has not been driven in a while. Diesel engines do not like sitting around and I would rather spend money on gas than fixing the truck.

Kim - hope things go smoothly with your mom's visit.

Tracy - I have been having a weepy week too. I have had a vacation and came away from it feeling much better but lots of significant dates coming up soon and sometimes things just sneak up on you.

Everyone take care, Sue on WA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - wish I had your and Pips stamina ..goodness your gettin it done

We're a bit younger, I think. :)

And I'm not sure how much I'm actually getting done. I look around and see a whole lot of started, but not completed, projects.

But I need to focus on certain things till the beginning of July, and squeeze extra things in whenever there's a gap.

On May 1, there was a small gap ...

4cl4ymnuezs6.png

One of our neighbours was moving and left various furniture items outside their place with a large sign that said, Free Take Me. I wasn't interested in most of it because we've got a whole lot of furniture anyway. But there was a small shelf that interested me and I grabbed it.

It holds a small portion of my tea very nicely. :)

I couldn't believe how much tea there was when I emptied the shelves and found it all!!

But I've got it set up now so that I can see most of it and hopefully I will work my way through it ... and not buy any more for a long time!!

Machka in Oz

We learned while doing the factory tour at Celestial Seasonings that tea never expires. It might not be as strong(needs to steep a bit longer) but it never goes bad, as long as it is kept dry.

Loved going on that tour- did it both times we went to Colorado Springs.

I have so much tea, finding more when I look (have it in like 5 places) One wooden box I thought I had emptied but just opened it and it was half full. Added it to the other wooden box I got for my birthday from former hubby.
    I need to sort out ones I don't really care for and give them to someone else. No reason to keep them when I have so many that I do like.
    Favorite night time is Good Earth Sweet and Spicy- very strong cinnamon taste. A friend was drinking way too much FireBall whisky then tried that- tastes the same so she is drinking that and just the occasional shot of fireball.
    I have my favorites I keep on hand plus get it as gifts often.
    I drink tea all day, every day,winter, spring,summer,fall- high caffeine in the mornings and herbal/decaf afternoon and evenings.
    Rarely coffee, just when I need extra boost.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Kim- I used to really enjoy cooking for mom and dad when I went up for the weekend. I would bring special things that they didn't usually have. They were never picky.
    Now, mom is on a very strict anti-inflammatory diet- no grains, no veggies in the night shade family like tomatoes,potatoes, eggplant ,etc , I don't remember what else
    I will be up there for Mother's day(going up for a memorial service the day before for an old friend from church who passed away at 99yrs old). I would love to cook a really nice meal but, with her diet and not knowing who all will be there. Two of my nephews are there from Colorado-leaving that day after being there for two weeks. Her room mate may or may not be there.
    I think I will just cook what she has there. She helps at the food bank/food program at church every Saturday so has her pantries and freezers full.
    I will just enjoy the time with her with no expectations. This will be my first time up since the room mate moved in and with the nephews there, may be sleeping on the floor or, if the snoring gets loud(if I share her room) I may sneak out to my car. Will pack ear plugs for sure ;)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    My friend G has had a good cash offer for her York apartment. I'm crossing fingers it all works out, but not holding my breath. :o She needs the money to live on. It is all very difficult for her.

It was drizzling when we picked up Bea, so we headed straight back to their house. All good. We are babysitting on Saturday while my son and his wife go to her friend's son's Barmitzvah up in London.

My son has offered, subject to other commitments, to take me to my brother's 70th. I have various alternatives, which partly caused my sleepless night last night. I think I won't be staying at the B&B I have booked, because it is unattended at night. Alternatives are, getting a very expensive taxi home, but not much more cost, going home earlyish by train, staying with my brother if his son can't make it back from University, or going with my son. If they have space at the party. And if he is free.
    Too many alternatives!!!!!!

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Annie— We have stevia as Skinnygirl stevia with a plastic squeeze bottle and Stevia Clear in a glass bottle with a squeeze dropper. The label says sweetleaf sweet drops. It is my favorite.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Latest buy. Its like a strong cinnamon red hot candy in liquid form. I take about 4 oz with some sparkling Ice drink.💖👍
    Then I have some baking soda in water to just swish out my mouth.👍
    zwrccerljqb9.jpg
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    It's settled
    My son is going with me to the party. He doesn't drink alcohol, so that's great. It's around a 90 minute drive each way for a 150 minute stop, but it's nice to reconnect with my huge extended family. In small doses. :p

On the way home from my son's home, we stopped off for a small glass of beer at a boutique brewery. It's always an opportunity to chat. Actually talked politics for a change. On our walk home we chatted about books that we had read a long time ago, and meant a lot to us.
    Bit like a datenight!!!

Nice accommodation, Tina! B) Pity about the food. Did you give them feedback on what they could do better?

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family from home to salon- 1hr 19min 8sec, 14elev, 3.35ap, 93ahr, 108mhr, 4.45mi= 383c
    Strava app = 507c
    Walk from salon to home- 15.38min, 20elev, 83ahr, 91mhr, 3.35ap, .87mi= 72c
    Strava app = 99c
    Zwift home bike trainer Strava stats- 45.26min, 106elev, 76aw, 16.6amph, 112ahr, 128mhr, 12.55mi= 265c
    Strava app =
    196c
    Zwift stats- 45.28min, 106elev, 75aw, 60arpm, 16.63amph, 12.6mi= 197c

Total cal 720
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Hi all. My new modus operandi is working well. Much more motivational than a to do list! I put it in a spoiler as it turned out to be rather long.
    Daily DONE Log:
    3 May:
    🔹 Breathing meditation
    🔹 Get up: do a Wake-up walk
    🔹 Weigh/record weight
    🔹 Sort laundry
    🔹 Create May spreadsheet for Strong Mates/post notice
    🔹 Declutter bedroom shoe rack
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 Head massage
    🔹 Declutter main bathroom
    🔹 Switch summer/winter pants
    🔹 Breakfast
    🔹 17 mins Aerobics Workout
    🔹 22 mins Stretch with weights
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 Coffee/puzzle
    🔹 Shower/dress
    🔹 Lunch/clear up
    🔹 15 minute Walking Workout
    🔹 Other Household chores
    🔹 Duolingo Latin
    🔹 Dancing
    🔹 Catch up on TV
    🔹 Make dinner/clear up
    🔹 Posts for JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts for UAC/Comments for Sat
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+
    🔹 Watch TV/read/do puzzles
    🔹 Bedtime Yoga
    Pip: Looks like you’re well on the mend ❤️‍🩹

😢 I had a phone call from DH’s cousin. His one remaining Aunt (in her 80s) passed away at the weekend. She had been in nursing care for some time, and we had essentially lost her to dementia. She has been going downhill physically, recently, so it wasn’t a total surprise. I am quite sad, because Aunt Meta and I always got on well. The funeral will be next week.

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

Thanks, it feels like I am. I was coughing right now and was wondering why my stomach area was hurting a bit. I realized that I started doing ab work, so that’s why, lolol. Next week, we leave for Washington to get to the cruise!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Phew ,its been a day..
    Poor Miles those teeth are just doing a number..
    And waking up so early did me no favors .i did take a little nap with him before Tracy got home .. and got the pups back and forth to the groomers..but I came home and slept hard...
    Went to Trudys for dinner which was nice another work day tomorrow and then eye appointment at 2:45.. i got a lovely letter from the IRS says that the 1040 was incorrect and i owe them 748.00 .well I just sent them 600.00 because i have to pay the taxes on the alimony..geesh
    Oh well
    Im off to bed have to get up early.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    i got a lovely letter from the IRS says that the 1040 was incorrect and i owe them 748.00 .well I just sent them 600.00 because i have to pay the taxes on the alimony..geesh
    Oh well
    Im off to bed have to get up early.

Why didn’t you pay the full amount on the notice? Was there an error in their calculations? Did you make an error on this return or did you not pay alimony on any of your tax returns and they caught it this year? I hope it all works out.

Okie in the TX Hill Country