WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Back at it and could use a positive group for support.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) It will be a week til the technician can come to see what's wrong with the dishwasher. We are so grateful that the trouble is the dishwasher and not any other appliance. We have years of experience living without a dishwasher but not without the other big appliances.

❤Barbie in NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tina and Katla. I will go back soon and see what else they carry at the grocery store.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Left a little after 8 this morning. Now in Crawfordsville. %

Never saw american idol

Think I'll just use the treadmill tomorrow so I have time to take a shower. Did a leslie Sansone dvd today. Vince wants to leave around 8 tomorrow

M I love tea.

Tina love the pictures of your vacation. Sorry the food wasn't up to your expectations

Vicki it has crossed my mind that Denise may be a bit jealous of Jessica

Renae welcome

Know that I'm reading and thinking of everyone

Michele
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,943 Member
    Options
    my friend I walk with messaged me and wanted to meet at the park- walked for 90min. Hit my 10,000 and a bit more- did an extra lap so she would hit 10,000(we make sure when we walk that we both hit it)
    Zumba tomorrow night at the park so will hit again. Will be 3 days in a row- need to keep it up.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Machka - I’ve been watching American Idol since ABC has taken it over. I didn’t like the FOX version very much.

Karen - Yes KD is Mac and cheese. I am a junk food junkie. Prefer that type of food more than any other. A few years ago DH and I were having a discussion about tattoos. I don’t believe in name tattoos unless it’s a child-parent thing, I said that I couldn’t think of anything important enough to me to have permanently placed on my body. DH being a smara$$ suggested I put a box of KD.
    😂

Lisa - I think in a couple of weeks when DH gets his schedule for the summer straightened out I’ll plan a few days vacation. My cousin a couple hours away and I are long overdue for a visit.

Lanette - that performance is on YouTube. Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/F_-gy4eRDgU

Vicki - 3 years ago we bought our daughters record players for Christmas. They love them. I have been going to antique stores and yard sales buying old albums for them. I asked for one for Christmas but didn’t get one. I’ll ask again. New albums are being put out by artists again, but they are expensive still.

Heather - that will be a nice drive with just you and you son too. I love road trips with my girls or husband.

Terri - sorry for your loss. Dementia sure makes you feel like you lose them much sooner than their actual passing.

Barbie - I agree with you, however I truly missed my dishwasher when the previous one broke down.

It’s late so I’ll say more tomorrow night.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Tracey - I am terrified of cars. Especially motorways. I will sit in the back when my son takes me and watch a film on my phone to distract myself. :p 😜
    I have stopped travelling any distance at all with DH. Just very local and I can hardly bear it.
    I am a train kinda gal.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Michele--Wish I could excited like you about exercise. I just have so much trouble keeping at it everyday or every couple days. Hope all goes well with Jess's graduation. Just a thought, but maybe Denise doesn't want to come as she feels some mixed feelings about Jess following her dream.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

I also love being active.

I incorporate it into my day by walking for transportation as much as possible.

@exermom ... could be that Denise doesn't want anything to do with the family. That happens.
    Children decide to live a life that is quite different from what they grew up with and more or less cut the ties with the family.

I know I do things differently from my family and much of the time it's probably a good thing I'm on the other side of the world. :smiley:

My parents have attended 2 of my 9 graduations in person and 2 virtually, my brother has been to 1 in person and 1 virtually, I think.

Virtual graduations are an option ... watch it live from the comfort of your own home without the hassle of travel. :) Especially good since most grads allow a limited number of guests.

Dang it! I bought Stevia in the Raw and looked it up when I got home. It has dextrose in it which is as bad as sugar. There might be less of it but I can't find how to compare doses. But they use dextrose medically to fix low blood sugar because it gives such a spike. I guess there's no way around giving up sugar.

Annie in Delaware

Can you eat fruit?

Karen - Yes KD is Mac and cheese. I am a junk food junkie. Prefer that type of food more than any other. A few years ago DH and I were having a discussion about tattoos. I don’t believe in name tattoos unless it’s a child-parent thing, I said that I couldn’t think of anything important enough to me to have permanently placed on my body. DH being a smara$$ suggested I put a box of KD.
    😂

Tracey in Edmonton

I'm not a fan of tattoos ... but if I were going to go for one, it would likely be a bicycle or somehow cycling-related. :)

I haven't had KD for a long, long time! I liked it with soya sauce. :)

M in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,376 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @RENAEJAE , Support is always in supply with this group. Feel free to jump into any conversation that intrigues you, ask any questions, or supply answers. We're a chatty bunch, so the thread moves really quickly, and there are members all across the globe, so there's almost always someone online or about to be. Please let us know what you'd like to be called, and a general location, so we can learn to know you, and your story if you're willing to share it.

Happy you're here!
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Okie- i owe more than that but it goes quarterly..so who knows.. will call Lisa tomorrow and find out what the scoop.is..
    Never in my life have I been woken up by a bird. But a cardinal must have been right outside on the retaining wall and was singing away..I say it was my dad.. my mom came back as a great blue heron.. and my dad a cardinal..so he must have wanted to wake me up.
    Well up and atem.. Have to get dressed and feed Alfie and then go take care of pork chop lol.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I didn't even go to any of my three uni graduations. And I didn't go to either of my sons'. They don't hold it against me! :p

Going to start thinking about the layout of my new book. This phase always makes me very nervous. :# Baby steps.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    I didn't even go to any of my three uni graduations. And I didn't go to either of my sons'. They don't hold it against me! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I go to all of mine ... it's a bit of a celebration for an accomplishment for me. But most limit the number of guests to one or two, so it's not like the whole family can be invited anyway.

Machka in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »
    Back at it and could use a positive group for support.

:) Welcome. Tell us more about yourself and jump into the conversations that interest you. We are happy to have you in our community.

<3 Barbie in NW WA