WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi all. Rebecca - you don't have to sleep together to have fun together. You have a very big house.

Life is good. Had Kedgeree for dinner. Heaven. With broccoli.

All good. I have trouble convincing DH how important he is in our grandchildren's lives. In my view he is mega. MEGA.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Heard today on Michael Moseley that the e-cenntric movements are very important. Listen on SOUNDS. :D
    I have started lowering my arms more slowly on the weights. DH can't stand MM, no idea why. :*

See Sounds,. App. Just One Thing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to Zumba tonight- this is where we will be having class tonight-
    Haven't done it outside before but should be fun.
    Very warm today-80 so getting the breeze from the Napa River (Mare Island bridge in the back ground) should be nice. Class is at 6:30 for an hour.
    yeldni1cozsn.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    May the Fourth be with us all, and may we all be well and happy on this day and future days. 🙏🏻⭐️🙏🏻⭐️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Lanette - that performance is on YouTube. Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/F_-gy4eRDgU

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - Thank you for the link! <3

Wow, Scotty has sure grown up! We see Lauren Alaina on TV commercials for businesses here in Western Washington.

Got the battery charged in DH's Camry; I took it out for a spin. Nice little car, I checked the paperwork and it's a 2004, 80,000 miles.

Tires really, really need to have air put in them and I can't get DH motivated to do it, he says they are fine until I get the car to the tire place. I plan to do it next week when it's not raining. So I need to have faith and Jesus take the wheel, lol. o:)

My walking partner came down with the C last weekend so she's been out of commission. So far her DH has tested negative. I offered to do grocery shopping for her if they are both staying home, she hasn't texted me so he must be OK. She said she's getting better but no energy. Taking Paxlovid, said her doc reports good results with it. She has knee replacement surgery scheduled in 2 weeks. Crossing fingers she'll be on the mend soon. She's not looking forward to surgery but needs to get it done and overwith. She had the other knee done a couple years ago.

Sunny and warmer, DH wants to get the lawn mowed today. He just conked out for a nap - hope he wakes up by 1 - he's in a better mood if he wakes up on his own. ;)

Make it a good afternoon, ladies!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Rebecca - you don't have to sleep together to have fun together. You have a very big house.

Life is good. Had Kedgeree for dinner. Heaven. With broccoli.

All good. I have trouble convincing DH how important he is in our grandchildren's lives. In my view he is mega. MEGA.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxx

At some point in time we'll probably invest in another bed. Right now we just have an empty room. I suppose on days I need to get a full nights sleep, and take a sleep aid, I could sleep there.👍
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Hello, my chickens,

Well... after I posted here, I crawled my ever-diminishing booty up into bed and fell asleep until the tornado siren went off--they test it every Wednesday at noon. I told my husband the siren went off, and he nearly plotzed over the phone. I've got to say things in the right order... :smiley:

The rain has held off, which is good, because the electric guys are here topping or cutting down trees as necessary to keep them off the lines. We've lived here four years this summer (it seems like four minutes sometimes), and this is the first time we've seen them do this in this area. It's probably a six to eight-year cycle. We had just taken down a young sycamore that was growing up into the electric lines on our side - it was chest high on me when we got here, and was 30 feet high and growing fast. Had to be done, but don't like cutting a healthy tree down.

However, we're lucky, as the vast majority of trees that are in need of pruning are in the neighbor's yard, right along the fence lines. They needed access on our sides for a couple of them, though.

Tonight for dinner is crunchy oven chicken over a big salad for my husband and a small one for me. Maybe. Still thinking about it on my side. He'll eat almost anything, bless him.

Later,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    LISA - In our previous house, the tree next door grew into the phoneline. Imagine explaining that to an Indian call centre. :o:#:o When DH eventually sorted it all, including hiring a cherry picker, we got three years discount :D on the bill. Hell.
    It was like living in an alternative universe.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Dry here today and supposed to be sunny this afternoon. I think I will put the horses out in the pasture.
    We had a renter interested in the cabin that was supposed to be here this morning to look at it but I think they got lost and decided the drive to and from Seattle was too long. They never showed up to my knowledge. I was in the cabin and the dog was out when they were supposed to be here. Didn't see or hear anything.

I am going to try to get some yardwork done this afternoon. Chicken white chili in the crockpot for dinner.

Welcome to the newbies.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    @Whidislander perhaps your snoring is part of a condition called Sleep Apnea.
    Snoring is very common with it, however the underlying issue is that a person with it actually stops breathing and the snoring kind of results when they start breathing again.
    A small tabletop breathing machine and apparel that covers your nose and mouth keeps the airways open so you don’t stop breathing. No apnea, no snoring.
    It takes an overnight stay at a sleep study clinic for a diagnosis. I don’t know about private insurance but Part B for Social Security covers it. You need a doctor script/auth.

I use such an apparatus
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I had a CPAP for apnea for awhile. I had four sleep studies, two said use it and two said I didn't need it. Weight is a factor.

Well I had a little frosting but I managed to get it under my calorie budget. Tomorrow will be harder as that's when we eat the cake. No promises!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

walk w/family- 2hrs 20min 59sec, 153elev, 3.35ap, 87ahr, 115mhr, 8.01mi= 708c
    Strava app = 913c
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Carla finally a spring day today!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- i was going to say the same thing a out sleep apnea..
    I had the testing done because my cardiologist wanted it done and yes i stopped breathing i cant remember how many times.. so yes ,I have my Cpap and sleep much better.i use the nasal pillows and that works for me.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    nsk1951 wrote: »
    @Whidislander perhaps your snoring is part of a condition called Sleep Apnea.
    Snoring is very common with it, however the underlying issue is that a person with it actually stops breathing and the snoring kind of results when they start breathing again.
    A small tabletop breathing machine and apparel that covers your nose and mouth keeps the airways open so you don’t stop breathing. No apnea, no snoring.
    It takes an overnight stay at a sleep study clinic for a diagnosis. I don’t know about private insurance but Part B for Social Security covers it. You need a doctor script/auth.

I use such an apparatus

my husband has one and uses it almost every night. I sleep so much better now that he uses it. His snoring is terrible and I am a super light sleeper
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Zumba outside was fun. A bit harder workout for those of us on the lawn part but it was harder on the knees of those on the cement BUT, everyone loved the location. The sun was in our eyes for a short time but oh my, the breeze was amazing. When we had class at the last location, I had to plug the fan in by the second song(and the new location on Mondays is half the size, twice as many people showed up and no fans).
    We had one lady that was there with her family, doing a newborn photo shoot, ask if she could join us next Wed. Hopefully we will get more to come and join us.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Karen - one of the things I love most about my husband is his sense of humour and ability to make me laugh.
    I have made a promise to him and our girls that I would join in on a family tattoo. We will each get one that has the word Ohana in it. My eldest daughter has a leg done with all of the birth month flowers of her immediate family and one close friend and her daughters. There is a ribbon going through that has Ohana on it.
    DH is waiting until all Grandchildren are born and capable and is going to do a wav file of them saying the Line from Lili and Stitch.
    Youngest daughter is just going to have the word in script.
    After much consideration I have decided to have a bouquet of purple violets with a ribbon that has Ohana written on it. The violet is the provincial flower for NB where I’m from and also the birth month flower for February when both of my girls were born. I will get it in my thigh. I’m not a fan, but a promise is a promise.
    I just need to get the courage up to do it.

Rita - please share! I miss posting pictures.

Rebecca - I am having snoring issues too. Other things I’ve tried which according to my hubby has helped a bit is being “very hydrated”, a humidifier and recently I have been using a saline nose spray. I also need to lose some weight. I have been tested for sleep apnea several times now and only have snoring instances. One test said I had 700 in one night!
    I feel like there is mucous in my throat all the time. My doctor is sending me for allergy tests next.

Heather - we have thought about separate rooms, but chose not to. As long as he is asleep before me he can sleep through it.

Lanette - Scotty’s last 4 songs have all made number 1. It’s pretty impressive.

I have been told by my boss to have a “whatever you want to do day” tomorrow. The power is going to be shut off twice tomorrow and we won’t have computers. So I can go in, stay home, do what I want. I haven’t made a decision yet.

On Saturday my girls, granddaughter and I are going to ceramics. I took my granddaughter a couple of weeks ago as her Easter present and she convinced me to let her do two pieces. I told her she would have to dust to earn the second piece. Her mother texted me tonight to tell me that Michaela is already debating what chores she can do for me so she can do two pieces this week too. She is 6 and smart as a whip, she’s also not afraid to work for what she wants.

I’m looking forward to the day, we will be coming back home having homemade pizza and calling the NB family to tell them the pregnancy news.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)