Chicken Breast ideas!?

Options

Replies

• bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Chicken Rollatini w/ Spinach alla parmigiana : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

Nutrition info: Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 194.7 • Fat: 7 g • Protein: 24.2 g • Carb: 7.2 g • Fiber: 1.5 g

Sauce : http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/quick-marinara-sauce.html

Nutrition info: Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt
    Calories: 51.5 • Fat: 0.8 • Carbs: 9.0 g • Fiber: 1.1 • Protein: 0.1 g
  • cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BMP
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am craving spinach since seeing some these recipes. Is that even possible? LOL
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump, need to look at this when I get home.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Skinless Boneless chicken breasts thawed
    equal parts honey and balsamic vinegar (I go with 2 Tbsp each)
    Thyme

I don't use exact measurements, just eyeball.

Heat nonstick pan

Dab a small amount of canola oil on a paper towel and spread on the pan, just enough to coat. I've found if I pour in the pan and spread, I use more than necessary. The oil is not necessary, but helps improve browning.

Sprinkle Thyme in the bottom of the pan and add chicken.

When browned, sprinkle chicken with Thyme, then flip.

While browning the 2nd side, mix the honey and vinegar until smooth and add to the pan.

Finish cooking on medium heat, being sure not to let the sugars in the honey burn.
  • shellbell525
    Options
    This is making me hungry!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    not sure how healthy this is.....

sautee some red and green *or whatever color you like* bellpeppers, cubed yellow squash and zucchini, and some mushroom adn some onion in a pan, remove....
    cube chicken breast and cook in pan, add 16 oz sour cream (fat free or whatever version you want), salt and pepper and spice to taste, then add in the bell pepper mix and cook until it start to bubble.....

serve over white rice,.....ITS DELICIOUS!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Chop it up and make white bean chicken chili.... mmmm.... perfect for fall.

Sometimes I take the breast and hammer it till thin... Or buy thin breasts. I then spread with laughing cow cheese, some chopped broccoli, then you roll up and bake. MMMmmmm....
  • Sharonsimon
    Sharonsimon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    cut up one leek one tin condenced low fat mushroom soup and one tin chicken soup place in casserole dish add chicken breasts and cook for 1hr 20 mins pour on to tagliatelle pasta lovelt serve in a bowl
  • blacklabbob
    Options
    Make a "Pulled Chicken" wrap. Grill breast 'till juices run clear. Shred with the grain (use fork). In a bowl, mix 2 Tbsp. Light Mayo, a shake of poultry seasoning, 3 shakes of Tabasco, 1/2 cup finely chopped celery, some finely chopped onion, and the shredded chicken. Mix thoroughly, and make your wrap. Add tomato and lettuce and a shake of Parmesan cheese if you like. Delicious. (Makes 2)
  • twillhoi
    twillhoi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks!
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i've one one, which i think i'm going to give a go again that had (dont remmeber portions)
    whiskey
    brown sugar
    minced garlic
    grated ginger
    soy sauce

after you marinated it for a few hours i put the sauce back on the stove and reduced it a bit then poured it over the chicken after grilling it

it almost came out with a teriyaki flavor but it was SOOOO GOOD!! if i can remember the porportions when i make this again i will come back and post it
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Spicy chicken tacos. Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a crockpot. Add a jar of your favorite salsa. Cook on low for 8 hours. Chicken should shred with a fork. Serve in a wrap or on top of lettuce for a taco salad. Low cal, very good!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Saute garlic, onion and spinach. Pound out the chicken breast, salt and pepper both sides, put the spinach mixture on the chicken breast and sprinkle with feta cheese. Roll up, secure with toothpicks, saute in olive oil until browned and then pop in a 350 oven for 20-30 minutes until done. Super yummy!
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    found it!!! soooo good i'm making this after i make stuffed bell peppers tonight!

Ginger, Soy and Whiskey Grilled Chicken
    serves 4-6 as part of multicourse meal

3-lb whole chicken, carved (or if you prefer, your choice of already cut-up chicken parts)
    1 tsp grated fresh ginger
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    3 tbl soy sauce
    3 tbl brown sugar
    1/2 lime, juiced (or 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar)
    1 ounce whiskey/bourbon/scotch
    freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a zip-lock freezer back. Squeeze all the air out of bag and let the chicken marinate, preferably overnight, but even 1 hour is fine. If marinating overnight, 15 min prior to grilling, drain the marinade into a small pot and reserve. Let chicken sit on the counter so that it can come to room temperature. Boil the reserved marinade and keep at a steady simmer for 5 minutes to cook and thicken.

Heat BBQ grill on high. Grill chicken skin side down for 3 minutes until skin is nice and golden brown. Flip chicken, reduce heat to medium, brush with cooked marinade and close cover. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, until cooked through.
  • ginamay28
    ginamay28 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chicken Salad

Boil chicken breast until done.
    Cut up chicken
    Add low fat mayo, celery, onion, and sugar free picke relish, salt, and pepper to taste.

Save the chicken broth to cook veggies in.
    Crock Pot Chicken Meal

Place thawed chicken breasts in crock pot with water (or chicken broth) add whole red potatoes.
    Cook for about three hours and add canned green beans and cook for another hour.
  • JamieLynnVanHill
    Options
    Or, for a spicy version of this chop a couple jalepenos, and roll that up with the Swiss Laughing Cow cheese instead of broccoli. I also coat mine with bread crumbs before I bake it.
  • JamieLynnVanHill
    Options
    Or, for a spicy version of this chop a couple jalepenos, and roll that up with the Swiss Laughing Cow cheese instead of broccoli. I also coat mine with bread crumbs before I bake it.

Sorry - I haven't responded to many posts. I meant to respond to the post about rolling broccoli up in a thin chicken breast with Laughing Cow cheese.
    :)
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    this is my current favorite it is good for dinner and tastes great on a salad for the next day's lunch

Korean Barbecue Sauce

5 lbs meat (I use skinless, boneless chicken thighs, fat removed)
    6 Tbsp brown sugar
    2 Tbsp white sugar
    4 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds, crushed
    1 cup soysauce
    4 Tbsp sesame oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
    4 stalks green onions, chopped

Marinate 3 hours then grill