What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    most vegan cheese is pretty awful except in small amounts.

I need some help with this please! I eat meatless 3 days a week for religious reasons, BUT I am allergic to whey (and of course cheese is one of the main food reasons that I was obese for so long). I have successfully added beans instead of cheese, and I tried the Tofutti cream cheese, because the store had that. It looked perfectly like cream cheese, and acted like cream cheese, but they didn't even put salt in it?? I have this tastes like butter powder and ate it, now it sits in the tray.

Has anyone ever had any vegan cheese that doesn't taste so horrible?

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member

I need some help with this please! I eat meatless 3 days a week for religious reasons, BUT I am allergic to whey (and of course cheese is one of the main food reasons that I was obese for so long). I have successfully added beans instead of cheese, and I tried the Tofutti cream cheese, because the store had that. It looked perfectly like cream cheese, and acted like cream cheese, but they didn't even put salt in it?? I have this tastes like butter powder and ate it, now it sits in the tray.

For shredded cheese, I like Violife brand. Their cream cheese leaves much to be desired, but the shredded mozzarella, parmesan block, and shredded colby jack taste 90% like the real thing. No whey in it either.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member

If you can find it Applewood smoked vegan cheese is by far the nicest imo.
    ( I'm in the UK though, no idea how available it is elsewhere)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited May 2022
    [

I've never bought any, but I sometimes make my own. It is nice, probably not as good as a high-quality proper cheese, but then what is?

Here is the recipe I use:
    https://youtu.be/errA91Uhw9g

• JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 399 Member
    jaded989 wrote: »
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Discovering the wonder that is powdered peanut butter!!

I LOVE peanut butter, but it is such a calorie bomb that I've had to cut it completely from my diet. Not. Any. More. Wooo hoooo!!!

(It's the little things in life. Haha)

This!!
    I actually go for powdered organic chocolate peanut butter. At only 50 calories per 2TBS it is just the right treat. I enjoy it mostly with a sliced apple and usually make it on the thinner side and use it as a dipping sauce. Yum.

Please help me understand this. I have found that it makes much less when I add the water. so to get the same amount "of premixed so to speak" - the calories are the same? Am I looking at this wrong, because I do miss peanut butter!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited May 2022
    Lost 120 lbs, and I am pretty certain I am a medium. I bought a super soft t-shirt from Sam's in a small, because it said it was "relaxed fit". I tried it on and it was pretty lose, perfect! I showed the hubby after mentioning that I have 15 more pounds until I am at normal BMI. I used to be a 3x with no way of buying cheap tees. Hubby said, "what is after small?" I was like "What? You mean smaller than small? Extra small maybe? I don't know, I have never been this size!" I do wonder if I will be extra small at ultimate goal weight, at which point - I think I will be back at expensive clothes? Honestly, I have no clue!

5'3" 48yo SW 277 CW 155, rocking this insanity during *dramatic music* peri-menopause! It's true that two weeks out of the month I have no idea what my weight is due to water retention. Other than that cico works the same as long as you keep on keeping on.. and so does the laziness of getting older, you just have to fight the bear. *NOW YOU MUST FIGHT THE BEAR!*

I love you. You are one of my inspirations and I’m so happy for every milestone and NSV you post. I am always silently first pumping with everything you post and log.

XS is next. And Target’s XL girls clothes are the same size as S and XS. Just make sure the neckline is OK. Some tend to be too high since, duh, they’re made for kids, not boobs. I’ve got allll the sequin girls’ shirts because there’s no such things as too much bling. $10 bucks a pop. And a pair of great jeggings with pandas embroidered on the knees, lol. Friends think I’m getting this stuff from boutiques. 😂

@springlering62 From now on I'm going to check out the clearance section of the girls department.

(Great tip!)

Thanks!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!