What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 172 Member
    Ran my first 10 mile race today! Originally it looked to be fun and scenic but the weather turned nasty. Horizontal rain driven by 40 to 50 mph winds! It was brutal in places! Ran the first 5-1/2 miles, then walked a half of mile while I took nourishment (energy gel), then ran the last 4-1/2 miles to the finish line. Completed it in 1:56:30.
    Here is the course:
    oydm4xollcrg.jpg
    Here is what the three bridges looked like that we ran over:
    0vt5io8tui26.jpg

What a beautiful run!
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 472 Member
    most vegan cheese is pretty awful except in small amounts.

I need some help with this please! I eat meatless 3 days a week for religious reasons, BUT I am allergic to whey (and of course cheese is one of the main food reasons that I was obese for so long). I have successfully added beans instead of cheese, and I tried the Tofutti cream cheese, because the store had that. It looked perfectly like cream cheese, and acted like cream cheese, but they didn't even put salt in it?? I have this tastes like butter powder and ate it, now it sits in the tray.

Has anyone ever had any vegan cheese that doesn't taste so horrible?

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 258 Member

I need some help with this please! I eat meatless 3 days a week for religious reasons, BUT I am allergic to whey (and of course cheese is one of the main food reasons that I was obese for so long). I have successfully added beans instead of cheese, and I tried the Tofutti cream cheese, because the store had that. It looked perfectly like cream cheese, and acted like cream cheese, but they didn't even put salt in it?? I have this tastes like butter powder and ate it, now it sits in the tray.

For shredded cheese, I like Violife brand. Their cream cheese leaves much to be desired, but the shredded mozzarella, parmesan block, and shredded colby jack taste 90% like the real thing. No whey in it either.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 599 Member

If you can find it Applewood smoked vegan cheese is by far the nicest imo.
    ( I'm in the UK though, no idea how available it is elsewhere)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 786 Member
    edited May 12
    [

I've never bought any, but I sometimes make my own. It is nice, probably not as good as a high-quality proper cheese, but then what is?

Here is the recipe I use: