WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Kylia hope your husband gets good news at the Dr today. It must be stressful for you too. Take care!

Allie sorry your family is misbehaving. Hope you can find a way to keep your distance.

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    I did my yoga and a 30 min walk. Yay! Still doing the yoga for sensitive knees this week. Maybe next week I can start back at day one of the thirty day program. I will try not to eat back my exercise calories because I'm going out to lunch Thursday.

Annie in Delaware
  • supersueg2003
    supersueg2003 Posts: 11 Member
    My peony tulips are in bloom. This is there first year. I absolutely love them. Perfect for the location I have them.

no6opx4jwtkj.jpg

These are just beautiful! I love peonies, I have bushes all along my front walkway and scattered throughout the yard, but I can't seem to keep the rabbits away from my tulips. I will have to look for peony tulips to plant for next year!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Barbie & Kylia calming thoughts to you guys with your husbands health issues and appointments.💖🙏
    Today was a gym day. I did 2.50 miles in 45 min. Slow but steady, mostly at a 3.0 pace. Went a couple times to 3.5 and also to 2.6. I worked up a sweat regardless of my pace.👍
    After all that, my blood pressure was 126/80 bpm 112.
    Tomorrow might be a "spa day" and just sit in the sauna.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA
    pu9zxyn7z9de.jpg
    Pretty photo politely stolen.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,366 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Still at DH's testing. They had to call in a cardio dr as he went into AFIB. That is the first time that a doctor has witnessed that on him. They usually only see it if he is on monitor for a couple of weeks. Scary, but good too. He goes to electrical heart dr on Wednesday.

Kylia in Ohio

Kylia, Waiting is the hardest part! Many hopes that the electrical heart doc can do something for him... My cardiologist wants to do a shock to get my heart back to normal rhythm (they call it a conversion, I think) but can't shock my heart yet, as I have to be on anti-coagulants before hand, and can't quite do that until all my symptoms from the colitis settle down. Hope things go well - and isn't it amazing how specialized the doctors are getting?

Barbie - hope your DH gets through with flying colors. Thinking about you. In the meantime, enjoy your me time! Corey's going to his family reunion in July, for an entire week. I'll enjoy the first couple days, miss him the next couple days, and start counting the minutes as the week draws to a close.

I'm in the middle of a little decision paralysis today... Just not sure which to pick. But it's lunch time and Corey will call soon, so I can put it off for a few more minutes! Oh - and the igniter went out on our gas oven, so no using the oven until the replacement part comes in. Mildly annoying, but not the galloping never get overs.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member

Michele- So sorry you are dealing with the procrastinator- Hope he figures it out and you can get the project done. Nice to have it done so it makes the mowing easier for you.

Allie- doesn't take long for weeds to come up, even through weed block. We have the dark thick plastic and the Bermuda grass still gets through it. It also finds the small holes in the bottom of the pots and crawls up through it- fought with that yesterday.

Lisa- thanks for sharing the pictures- they look amazing- such a transformation
    Had a good weekend- no negativity for me!!
    Went to church for a ladies brunch Saturday morning then worked in my garden- Son helped with the hard part- One raised bed the soil is really bad(not sure why- both beds are done the same. Maybe the cucumbers and catnip took more out of the soil- pretty clueless). I had watered it so it was a little easier for him but still too hard for me to do it- I could have done it but would have taken a lot longer for me.
    Got the ten pots(I use the big ones trees come in at the nursery) on the bottom done and planted, One raised bed done and planted, 8 of the 10 pots up top worked and ready to plant- just two more then getting the seeds out. Plants are in. Seeds should have been in a month ago but better late than never.
    SO looking forward to the fresh veggies.
    Saw one of my raspberries starting to ripen. Blackberries are starting to ripen but just barely.

Zumba tonight- need to take an energy drink or something before class- had no energy the past two classes- barely got through but I didn't quit- stuck it out.

Will catch up reading in a bit- dh wants me to go to the store with him- shouldn't take long. Think it is just one stop.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Sue great job setting and sharing your priorities! There are so many traditions around unhealthy food that we perpetuate. So hard to stand up for your right to choose what to eat -but you did it! Yay!

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited May 2022
    I woke up this morning with backache. It's still there. I think I must have slept in a weird position as I took a Nytol and DH had to move rooms because I was snoring. :o I did most of my exercises, 700 instead of 900, but I was driven to my bed and a nap in the afternoon while the cleaner was here. Still very sore.

Had an interesting dinner. DH bought pak choi last week and I wanted to use it. I made a big wok full of stir-fry vegetables and accompanied it with the dim sum I buy frozen. 8 pieces each. I'm calling it at 470 calories as I used a bit of oil. It was heaven!

DH plucked up his courage and phoned his sister, who he hasn't spoken to since the funeral debacle. :#:o It went well. He also wanted to tell her well in advance that we would be on a cruise for her 70th birthday next year. She said that she had arranged to go to a wedding in France without actually realising it was near her 70th, so she wasn't upset. Phew! We booked it before we realised the clash.

Catch up TV tonight. Watching 'Beck', a detective series set in Sweden. Good for my language skills.

Thinking of those of you with husbands with health challenges. Stressful. <3 Sending love. I am waiting to hear how my friend L is after her hip operation today.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    Barbara- I am with you. Sometimes I can work with dh but doesn't end well most times. Hoping it goes ok with the next project which is an addition to the catio- Supplies are being delivered today. We will be using chicken wire instead of the fiberglass screen(that the cats have been able to rip so we will be adding the wire to the bottom layer of the original catio).
    Sometimes I can kind of know what he wants(read his mind) but other times I don't and he gets a bit pissy with me.
    The catio was big enough for when we just had 4-5 cats. Not big enough now.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Lanette, It may be months before your walking friend's PCR test is negative...

Karen in Virginia
  • hhof
    hhof Posts: 26 Member
    Anyone have a suggestion for a good beginners, never done before, Yoga app? I see they have them for weightloss, strengthening and breathing. I am over 50, over weight, with knees that don’t do stairs but can walk like a cross country trekker!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,324 Member
    edited May 2022
    Lanette, It may be months before your walking friend's PCR test is negative...

Karen in Virginia

Karen I think she's taking the "quick test" the doctor's office is handing out, similar to the ones Medicare sent. Doctors out here seem to have faith in those as far as prescribing anti-virals and monoclonal antibodies. I think they give results quicker than the PCR and less fuss as far as driving to a test site.

But, thanks for mentioning this! She's due to go in for knee surgery in the next couple months (it was supposed to be this Thursday before she got sick). I'll ask her if she knows what kind of test they'll administer a few days before surgery.

(EDIT - I just read PCR tests are required before medical procedures. That's likely why they told her to wait 6 weeks after any illness, not just this one, before rescheduling.)

She's a retired nurse so generally keeps up on this stuff.

Lanette

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Worked, they were obviously not busy yesterday so I didn’t even have to do the lettuce, which is good because that’s one of the things that takes a long time. I’ll probably go string some more popcorn then since it’s pretty nice out go for a walk around the block then probably string more popcorn if I have time

Barbara – thanks so much for the spoiler info. I didn’t even look there since I figured that had to do with the paragraph!

Barbie – I like to walk and listen to an audiobook or a radio station.

Margaret – lovely flowers!

Sue MO – good for you!!!!

Rebecca – thanks for the Athena fix. She gets cuter and cuter each time you post a pic. I sure hope your son has a gun when she gets older!

Ceramics tonight. I’ll probably finish glazing Smurf and put him in to be fired.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,683 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Made Patty Labelles turkey burgers and brought 4 down to Tracy for her to cook off.i put 2 in the freezer for myself..
    Yea Jean ,ive learned to take her with a grain on salt,im donating some furniture from here to go up to the cottage and i sent her pictures,Sean asked me to send her pictures so I did.
    She said if you would like to donate you can donate money ... and I had the courage to say im on a strict income and even if I had the money to give you I have no say in what goes on at the cottage anymore.. and its true.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked, they were obviously not busy yesterday so I didn’t even have to do the lettuce, which is good because that’s one of the things that takes a long time. I’ll probably go string some more popcorn then since it’s pretty nice out go for a walk around the block then probably string more popcorn if I have time

Barbara – thanks so much for the spoiler info. I didn’t even look there since I figured that had to do with the paragraph!

Barbie – I like to walk and listen to an audiobook or a radio station.

Margaret – lovely flowers!

Sue MO – good for you!!!!

Rebecca – thanks for the Athena fix. She gets cuter and cuter each time you post a pic. I sure hope your son has a gun when she gets older!

Ceramics tonight. I’ll probably finish glazing Smurf and put him in to be fired.

Michele NC

She's gonna be a handful like her momma was! 😂😂