If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @mtaratoot - I'm SOOO with you on that bagel to doughnuts preference!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    @PAPYRUS3 - I have for years told people not to call me a sweet person; I'm a savory person.

I'd rather have pasta carbonara than coffee cake. I'd rather have corn chips than oreos. I'd rather have a burrito than a Danish.

My friend made some "cinnamon rolls" for another friend's birthday. They were really good. Almost no sugar. Whole wheat flour. Rolled up in individual rolls. More like spiced bread, but very dense. I ate a second one. I made something similar when I was playing with sourdough last year, and I learned how to make one-strand "braids" to make tasty rolls. Mmmmm..... bread.
  • mtaratoot
    Maybe tacos.....

1u3qq17bjbt4.png

a7ztzpvt87xv.png

e87v0e2t9640.png
  • PAPYRUS3
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    @PAPYRUS3 - I have for years told people not to call me a sweet person; I'm a savory person.

I'd rather have pasta carbonara than coffee cake. I'd rather have corn chips than oreos. I'd rather have a burrito than a Danish.

My friend made some "cinnamon rolls" for another friend's birthday. They were really good. Almost no sugar. Whole wheat flour. Rolled up in individual rolls. More like spiced bread, but very dense. I ate a second one. I made something similar when I was playing with sourdough last year, and I learned how to make one-strand "braids" to make tasty rolls. Mmmmm..... bread.

Those cinnamon rolls sound like my kind of thing too! I too like a 'toothy' thing. I love buckwheat/not sweet pancake or waffle and I don't like any syrup on them at all.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    uumwj9kk2bal.png
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    azuki84 wrote: »
    azuki84 wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    g4z69eqaxulp.jpg
    c260egztlqnk.jpg

overly greasy batter fried items are gross. TONS of better calorie dense options, like a damn good cheesecake.

Not for me. I'd rather have the fried okra, onion rings, or tempura than an overly sweet cheesecake.

4ahksbca1010.png

uphidje7651r.png

e4c3dotk0w3z.png

These are DIFFERENT (MUCH less battered) than the previous ones you posted, now you are in the right direction!

You don’t know what a GOOD cheesecake tastes like! Well crafted cheesecake is not “overly sweet,” maybe the ones you buy in fast food restaurants.

I didn't post the original pictures, and you don't my preferences. I have had very good cheesecake. I used to like sweeter things. I stand by my statement that I'll take the fish and chips over cheesecake. I also prefer bagels to doughnuts.

I'll take the fish and chips... annnd cheesecake 🤣😂
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    7gqdzoean8n6.jpeg

Serious cravings
  • 88AViva
    Oh and Salted caramel ice cream comfort

h0pb6dhab8v2.jpeg
  • 88AViva
    Oh wow I love butterscotch and chocolate toffee. That just looks amazing 🤤🤤🤤
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Mmm now craving fools gold ice cream, only made in NY. I always get it every summer when I visit, it is my favorite flavor ever. Peanut butter ice cream, PB candy swirls, chocolate coated toffee pieces. Butterscotch vibes. Tastes very butterfingery. uevy3i66fvi5.png

I kinda wanna move in to that place. :)
  • PAPYRUS3
    ^^^❤️❤️❤️❤️!
  • VegjoyP
    xesrvto5l5wp.jpg
    vulz6vqld289.jpg
  • VegjoyP
    p8n55n10h9ke.jpg
    yesx39uftlk3.jpg
    gphq0z3oeqjy.jpg
    d2nzzys5opde.jpg
    ut5f8kvz7dzd.jpg
    7fw0ly9bitt4.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    This is cheating.

Why?

Well, because it DID have calories, and I DID eat it. But it's not cheating. Why? Because, if it didn't have calories, right now, I would have eaten two more.

fi5s5cxefvak.jpg

Base is a whole-grain rye bagel. Toppings are, of course, too much cream cheese, red onions, green onions, tomatoes, and capers. Oh. Yeah.... and lox. The lox don't have THAT many calories. If I wanted to "beef up" the calories, I might have gone for roast beef.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member
    I'll take whatever is in that skillet above me