Tea thread

124»

Replies

• joslinsimons
    joslinsimons Posts: 8 Member
    On a regular day; chamomile, black cherry, or iced chai. If the opportunity to be fancy arises, a lavender London fog. 😋
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    So many choices! I want them all! But London Fog in winter, iced peach tea in summer are definitely staples.
  • Bettiepaigerules
    Bettiepaigerules Posts: 11 Member
    Yorkshire biscuit brew with alpro soya cream
  • LukeAMarkham
    LukeAMarkham Posts: 10 Member
    Anything with grey in the title! Lady grey is my favourite - much more citrus flavoured and a bit less flowery than earl grey. I was also given something called 'empress grey' from M&S which seems to taste like a blend of lady and earl, and a 'winter earl grey' that has a slight cinnamony flavour.

I'm a black, no sugar, loose leaf only guy I'm afraid. All a bit snobbish! My wife loves strong Yorkshire tea like a normal person.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    I don't like loose leaf black tea and think the tastiest black teas are the cheapest bagged ones. Usually I go for earl grey, sometimes english breakfast and once a day a fruity flavoured black tea, like strawberry or forest fruits. I drink all my black tea with a dash of nonfat milk and a sweetener, I think sucralose? No idea.

As for green tea, I hate the bagged kind and only drink loose leaf varieties. I like green gunpowder tea, genmaicha, the occasional sencha but my favourite is the Korean Jade Dragon green tea I got. I also like jasmine flavoured green tea. I love the little jasmin bullets that unfurl in your cup. I can drink these without any additions or with a little sweetener.

I like fresh ginger tea with honey or bagged ginger tea with honey. I like bagged chamomile tea with nothing, bagged mint tea with nothing, fresh mint tea with a ton of honey, minty moroccan blends with nothing added, and I love a meme tea I got from Prague that's "weed" flavoured but it has blackberry leaves and that's like my favourite thing ever.

I love, love, love loose leaf oolong teas, the milky varieties for every day, with or without sweetener, but the oolong most toppest (the dumbest name ngl) is the tastiest oolong this world has to offer and is my absolute favourite.

And I love, love, love elderflower tea with a bit of honey. Elderflower is the tastiest flower out there and I wish they made more things with it.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    I haven’t tried these teas yet, but I just read an article in the New York Times about this company, launched by two returning Iraq & Afghanistan war vets, who promote peace & trade by working with people in post-conflict zones to produce tea. It sounded like a great idea for a company, and an optimistic story to share on Memorial Day. Here is the info about them from their website. (NYT requires a subscription) https://www.rakkasantea com/pages/about
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Anything with grey in the title! Lady grey is my favourite - much more citrus flavoured and a bit less flowery than earl grey. I was also given something called 'empress grey' from M&S which seems to taste like a blend of lady and earl, and a 'winter earl grey' that has a slight cinnamony flavour.

I'm a black, no sugar, loose leaf only guy I'm afraid. All a bit snobbish! My wife loves strong Yorkshire tea like a normal person.

oooo..... I'm going to have to look for empress and winter grey varieties. Those sound lovely. Earl Grey and English Breakfast are my "go-to" teas, but a cinnamon version just sounds like a nice change of pace.
  • rmjthomas231
    rmjthomas231 Posts: 2 Member
    Black builders! Or Pukka Peace is nice to wind down.