Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I remember getting terribly upset as a child when the horses would fall in the old Westerns.
    I cried like a little baby when I saw “Born Free” in the theater, think I was about 12.

Now, decades later I won’t even watch if there is any animal sadness in the show. (people not so much)
    I’m sure I’ve missed good movies but I just can’t.
    I bawl the whole time. 😭

Yep.. I can't watch animal sadness or distress either in the movies.. a sure way to give me nightmares
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,478 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get so tired of being nice.
  • MadRee87
    MadRee87 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am a people pleaser and put myself last...what is self care?
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    I can't relax, ever.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,971 Member
    Options
    I first watched the movie "Gremlins" during a sleepover at age 8. Freaked me out so badly I didn't sleep for over a week after.

Fast forward 36 years to tonight, my coworkers put the movie on to pass the time during a graveyard shift. Over the years I've seen far scarier movies without flinching, but I still couldn't watch the movie tonight without feeling some of the same stirrings of anxiety from way back when.

Think I'll stick to my superhero and Disney movies, thank you very much. And I'll arm wrestle anybody who thinks I'm a wimp for saying so.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wimp.
    @nossmf
    Ok, I've never watched Gremlins. And never anything like that when I was 8. Most of the stuff on TV when I was 8 was the original Lone Ranger. :) But I do remember watching Silence of the Lambs with dh way back when and he, out of the blue, pretended to slice my neck with a pretend knife. I swore like I've never sworn before. Well ok, maybe I swore like that before but it scared the bejeeszus right out of me. I've watched a lot of horror/thriller movies since but none has affected me the way that one did. I've even thought maybe I'd watch it again, thinking it probably wasn't *that* bad.

Yeh, right.
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love horror movies and cooking. In person I'm quiet, on text I have a million things to say/type - trying to keep up with my million thoughts a second. I'm a multitasker (a squirrel high on caffeine according to my oldest friend) who is slowly learning to live life more mindfully instead of by checklists and tasks.
    I have an autoimmune condition but most people in my life don't know it except family and some friends. I try to heal myself through food but will no longer use it as a way to comfort me when I feel low. I'm an ambivert who loves dogs, desserts and video games (mostly RPG or Adventure). Sometimes I come off as cold or unfriendly but in reality I'm just a shy (mildly antisocial at times) person who takes a little while to get comfortable around new people.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,971 Member
    Options
    When I put food into the microwave to heat, I turn my back and mentally count down the seconds, trying make my mental timer expire at the same time as the actual timer. Anything under a minute I'm usually accurate to the second, though I start to drift off as the time gets longer. I don't bother with anything longer than five minutes.
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    When I put food into the microwave to heat, I turn my back and mentally count down the seconds, trying make my mental timer expire at the same time as the actual timer. Anything under a minute I'm usually accurate to the second, though I start to drift off as the time gets longer. I don't bother with anything longer than five minutes.

That's funny I do that too. I don't know why I do it but I tend to drift off into other thoughts in the middle of counting. Really random thoughts too like "That person said this to me, I wonder what that actually meant 🤔" Or "If you tracked the calories for something already, and then you hate how it tastes and only eat half, do you change the portions on your food log?"
  • chickenperson483
    chickenperson483 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I’m quiet and my favorite book is the Outsiders, but I love all SE Hinton. I hate that people think they can bribe me with food, and I hate when people underestimate me.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I have a low tolerance for heat. 🥵
    Since I was a kid, when I get too hot I faint or barf or barf and faint. 🤢😰
    Every pore sweats.
    I sweat places I didn’t know a person could sweat. 😂
    It makes it difficult to be cute and sexy when you’re dripping sweat. 😓🫣
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I hate cold weather.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @honey_honey_12 Haha somewhere around 70, mild, not too hot, not too cold? :)

Yep me too. But I still need to have at least a couple of those really cold or really hot days a year. I don't particularly like snow but would be lost without it during the winter.

I really shouldn't watch the news at all.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    If not for my grandchildren,
    I fear I’d become a hermit.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I can float in about 5” of water in the tub.
    Since I was little, when underwater I pop to the surface like a bobber.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I live most of my life in hotels.
    On average, I spend 6/7 days/nights a week in them.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I live most of my life in hotels.
    On average, I spend 6/7 days/nights a week in them.

😳😵🤭 I'll behave 😙
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My mango nearly turned itself into hooch sitting on my desk and I ate most of it anyway because mango hooch.