JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I'm over by 341 and I've still got the cookout to go! It will take a week to get over this. This is me - I have been between 168 to 173 for years it seems. When I hit the lower end, some occasion throws me back. But I am grateful for these occasions with family and friends.

Annie
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    I'm over by 341 and I've still got the cookout to go! It will take a week to get over this. This is me - I have been between 168 to 173 for years it seems. When I hit the lower end, some occasion throws me back. But I am grateful for these occasions with family and friends.

Annie

I went to a cookout today also. My choices weren’t great, but I kept the portions small. Yesterday I didn’t do that well…. Plan odd to up my exercise this week and pack my lunch so I’m not starving. Good luck!

• Anniesquats100
    Options

JFT Monday
    1. Log everything yes
    2. Enjoy my family and friends yes

Well there were no cookies nor candy but I did have two pieces of cake, one after lunch and one for dinner. No alcohol. Final count is 1,081 calories over. Let's hope I can make up for some of that this week.

Next holiday is July 4th. So I need some progress before then. I really want to wear my green shorts this summer.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Eat nothing - 😊 just kidding!
    2. No candy, cookies nor cake
    3. Eat under calorie limit
    4. Yoga
    5. Dumbbell routine 40 reps

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/30 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/29) No more cookies today or brownie brittle.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today (last 5/25)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/2✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/28) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/26)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today. (last - 5/25)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 5/16)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 5/27)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash for my desserts (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️
    JFT for 6/1 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today (this was after binge), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/29) No more cookies today or brownie brittle.
    2) Can have peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/25)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/2
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/30) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/26)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today. (last - 5/25)
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 5/16)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 5/30)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - May 31
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 minutes

It was a very busy weekend with some late nights.
    I overate and the scale showed it this morning.

I’m between 183-188 for month now. I need to get past it.

@Bex953172 - can you leave their favourite morning snack out for them and have Saskia put a show on. I used to bribe my girls to behave in the morning and I don’t regret it.
    It was usually an extra treat, a trip to the park, nothing that really cost anything, but saved my sanity. I worked evenings, usually not home until close to midnight and me eldest was a bright and early 6 am every single day. DH drive truck so bribery saved us all

I remember sometimes sleeping on the couch. One sitting in my hip, the other trapped behind my legs so I would know if they tried to get up.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 30th May

Stay under maintenance yes
    Only one snack one
    Foot exercises yes
    Back exercises no, too sore
    Walk about an hour in town
    Food shop yes
    Visit banks with probate yes. It doesn't fill me with confidence that none of the counter staff know how to deal with these forms
    Opticians yes

Really aching after going into town yesterday. I decided it would be a good idea to dress nicely instead of my usual jeans so wore a dress and nice jacket. But doing that meant I put on ankle boots because my usual trainers looked ridiculous. The boots don't have space for my special insoles and I was in more pain than usual. Lesson learnt. (Though I was glad I looked nice when I bumped into my son's ex lol)

Still sore today, and it's raining again, so probably an indoors day.
    JFT Tuesday 31st May

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Foot exercises
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Paperwork
    Tackle The List
    Post card

May Challenge

Week 1 180/150
    Week 2 0/150
    Week 3 160/150
    Week 4 119/150
    Week 5 110/60

@Anniesquats100 I've been stuck around 168lbs for months. My only success is that I don't go higher! I also have shorts which are too tight (although the weather so far this year makes me think it's not going to be warm enough to need them!) You're going to wear your shorts, you are very committed. One day won't spoil it.

@Bex953172 I don't have an answer for you, I don't think it's possible to have a lie-in when you have small children! My grandson is getting my son up at 5.30am...but on his 3 nursery days he has to wake him up at 7am. Children are awkward lol. Maybe your girls aren't so tired when they're not at school, Can you wear them out one day to see if it makes a difference?
    I was always up before 6am for work, I like the early hours, it feels like I have loads of time. If I get up late I feel like I'm trying to catch up all day. But then I don't like staying up late :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    JFT - May 31
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 minutes

It was a very busy weekend with some late nights.
    I overate and the scale showed it this morning.

I’m between 183-188 for month now. I need to get past it.

@Bex953172 - can you leave their favourite morning snack out for them and have Saskia put a show on. I used to bribe my girls to behave in the morning and I don’t regret it.
    It was usually an extra treat, a trip to the park, nothing that really cost anything, but saved my sanity. I worked evenings, usually not home until close to midnight and me eldest was a bright and early 6 am every single day. DH drive truck so bribery saved us all

I remember sometimes sleeping on the couch. One sitting in my hip, the other trapped behind my legs so I would know if they tried to get up.

It seems the more treats my kids get. The $-hittier they get. They don't seem to get that when they're behaving themselves then they get the treats and trips to the park.

Maybe I'm going about it wrong. Haha I dunno 🤣
  • Bex953172
    Options

JFT Monday 30th May

Stay under maintenance yes
    Only one snack one
    Foot exercises yes
    Back exercises no, too sore
    Walk about an hour in town
    Food shop yes
    Visit banks with probate yes. It doesn't fill me with confidence that none of the counter staff know how to deal with these forms
    Opticians yes

Really aching after going into town yesterday. I decided it would be a good idea to dress nicely instead of my usual jeans so wore a dress and nice jacket. But doing that meant I put on ankle boots because my usual trainers looked ridiculous. The boots don't have space for my special insoles and I was in more pain than usual. Lesson learnt. (Though I was glad I looked nice when I bumped into my son's ex lol)

JFT Tuesday 31st May

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Foot exercises
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Paperwork
    Tackle The List
    Post card

May Challenge

Week 1 180/150
    Week 2 0/150
    Week 3 160/150
    Week 4 119/150
    Week 5 110/60

@Anniesquats100 I've been stuck around 168lbs for months. My only success is that I don't go higher! I also have shorts which are too tight (although the weather so far this year makes me think it's not going to be warm enough to need them!) You're going to wear your shorts, you are very committed. One day won't spoil it.

@Bex953172 I don't have an answer for you, I don't think it's possible to have a lie-in when you have small children! My grandson is getting my son up at 5.30am...but on his 3 nursery days he has to wake him up at 7am. Children are awkward lol. Maybe your girls aren't so tired when they're not at school, Can you wear them out one day to see if it makes a difference?
    I was always up before 6am for work, I like the early hours, it feels like I have loads of time. If I get up late I feel like I'm trying to catch up all day. But then I don't like staying up late :)

You know what, that's probably what it is. Not burning enough energy.
    It's just hard to do that when the weather's been rubbish!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! My husband finally got home on Sunday evening - yay!!! Fortunately, we had a Monday holiday so he had some time to relax. I got off track with food this weekend, but this month I've maintained at just a pound or so above my mid-year goal. So it's back to good habits today.

Recap - Sunday, 5/29
    Log - No
    Balanced Meals - No
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No
    Laundry - :)
    Straighten house - :)
    Clean up yard - :)
    Quick grocery trip? - No.

Recap - Monday, 5/30
    Worked for two hours in the garden, ran to the store, and finished prepping the food for a small BBQ. Then I took the rest of the day off to enjoy with family. Ate all the things and too much altogether, but not going to stress about it.

JFT Tuesday, 5/31
    Log
    Balanced Meals
    Hydrate
    Exercise?
    Clean up from weekend
    Comment on drafts

May challenge
    Goal 1: 30+ min of exercise at least 5 days per week (tracked weekly)
    Week 1: B) 51 :) 30 B) 72 B) 60 B) 35 X Rest day :) 45 -- 6/5
    Week 2: X Rest day :) 70 B) 54 X X B) 40 B) 48 -- 4/5
    Week 3: B) 57 :) 56 B) 69 X X B) 120 B) 60 --5/5
    Week 4: X B) 109 B) 76 :) 50 B) 79 :) 30 B) 108 -- 6/5
    Week 5: X B) 120
    Goal 2: 24 total hours of exercise for the month
    TTD: 1,439 min. (23.98 hr.)
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/31 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today (this was after binge), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/29) No more cookies today or brownie brittle.
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/30) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/26)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 5/30)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    Been riding low emotionally lately, feeling discouraged and like it just isn't worth it to care. I know it's all in my mind, but I just can't seem to find the energy to give a darn. Yesterday we had a graduation party to go to at 1:00pm, and after I just wanted to take a nap, which was not the original plan. The original plan was to go for a bike ride. Hubby convinced me I'd feel better if I went. I had decided I was going to do a route I bailed on a few weeks ago, but I got nervous and was going to skip it. Tim went with me, and we did the road route I had planned. Hills and all. I survived, and didn't really even struggle on the hills as much as I thought I would. It was rather hot and I ran low on water and turned back a little early, but I met my goal of climbing. Not only did I feel better mentally, I earned a piece of blackberry pie. Yummmm...

Today is a club ride, so I'm anxious, but like many of the routes, I know this one well. I've never had to walk any of these hills, no reason I would start now. Right?

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 6:30 :neutral: Up, but not out of bed
    - Shower :(
    - Take morning meetings at home :( couldn't connect had to go in.
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Work at home this afternoon
    - Go for bike ride with group
    - Go out to dinner with the group
    - Limit 300 calories on beer
    - Home by 9:30
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a good Tuesday y'all!

@Bex953172 I had the same problem with my oldest daughter. I made the mistake in the winter of asking her not to come get me until the sun came up. BAD IDEA as the sun rises really early in the summer. Then I taught her to tell time and not wake me until 8:00am. This was hit or miss, but I'd usually just go lie on the couch and sleep while she watched TV/Movie. My younger daughter has always been a good sleeper, so I didn't have to worry about her.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    JFT for Tuesday, 5-31
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. No grains or sugar
    3. Track food
    4. Take a long walk
    5. 10,000 steps
    6. 8 C water
    7. No caffeine after noon
    8. 5+ freggies
    9. Keep working on improving sleep
  • Bex953172
    Options
    The weather's been so up and down today. It's been sun, rain, sun, rain, sun, rain ALL day!

Then we had the magic moment of sun AND rain together and voilà!
    yvxj0ybx7qzh.jpg

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except my dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    1. Eat nothing - 😊 just kidding!
    2. No candy, cookies nor cake yes
    3. Eat under calorie limit yes
    4. Yoga yes
    5. Dumbbell routine 40 reps yes soon

I ate over 1,000 calories today but I'm still under my limit by 604 because I did the extra yoga. So hoping I made up some from yesterday without being a fanatic. I must drink more water, too.

JFT Wednesday
    1. No candy, cookies or cake
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Yoga
    4. Fast marching
    5. Eat salad

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 5/31 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today (this was after binge), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/29) No more cookies today or brownie brittle.✔️
    2) Can have peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/25)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/2✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/30) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/26)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today. (last - 5/25)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 5/16)✔️
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 5/30)✔️
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️
    JFT for 6/1 (tomorrow): ✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/30) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/26)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 5/30)

Hour commitment - after I have my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - May 31
    1.5L of water. - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Exercise - 10 minutes - 🙂

JFT - June 1
    1.5L of water
    Log all Food
    Exercise - 10 minutes

@littleblackskirt - was the pain worth it to feel good about yourself when you met your sons ex? I think it would be for me.

@Bex953172 - they have to earn the treats, don’t give it to them first. They’ll get there one day.

On Sunday around 1230 I received a text from Lauryn telling me that Michaela was adamant that her training wheels not come off the bike. At 330 I received a video of Michaela going on two wheels. Last night Lauryn told me that she has told the kids if they can prove they can follow rules, and obey and they are both following the rules of the road that they will be able to bike to go get slurpees. Whatever works is fair game!

@pridesabtch - good for you for going on your bike ride. I hope you feel better soon.

I did not meet my goal for May. I need to get this snacking under control!

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 947 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 31st May

Stay under maintenance think so, but close
    Only one snack 2
    Foot exercises yes, twice
    Back exercises a few
    Walk 50 minutes
    Paperwork no
    Tackle The List started, but didn't cross much off
    Post card bought the card then set off home, had to go back and post it. I had one job...

JFT Wednesday 1st June

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack, under 150 calories
    Foot exercises
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Plant bulbs, very late!

May Challenge

Week 1 180/150
    Week 2 0/150
    Week 3 160/150
    Week 4 119/150
    Week 5 160/60

The walking challenge in May went quite well, apart from the one week when I wasn't feeling well. I should continue this.

@littleblackskirt - was the pain worth it to feel good about yourself when you met your sons ex? I think it would be for me.

On Sunday around 1230 I received a text from Lauryn telling me that Michaela was adamant that her training wheels not come off the bike. At 330 I received a video of Michaela going on two wheels. Last night Lauryn told me that she has told the kids if they can prove they can follow rules, and obey and they are both following the rules of the road that they will be able to bike to go get slurpees. Whatever works is fair game!

I did not meet my goal for May. I need to get this snacking under control!

Well done Michaela!

My foot is still painful, so it's debateable if it was worth it. Now if it had been MY ex it would have been 100% worth it lol.

I'm also still snacking too much. Is anyone thinking about a June challenge? I may carry on with the walking one, but what I really need to do is cut out biscuits and crisps, so thinking of a No Snacking challenge. Although sometimes I may have fruit, so will ease in gently with a No Snacks over 150 calories total per day.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    June already, with lots of summer temptations ahead. I like the idea of a June snack challenge to remind me to make responsible choices. After maintaining in May, I'm up almost two pounds after the long weekend. Some of it is salty BBQ food, but the chips and ice cream didn't help.

I'm pretty happy with how the May challenge helped me push through and get more exercise. I met or exceeded my weekly goal 3 of the 4 full weeks, and although I had to push myself toward the end, I met my second goal on the last day. I want to turn this into a habit, so I'm going to try to reach the same goals this month.

Recap - Tuesday, 5/31
    Log - :)
    Balanced Meals - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise? - Swam laps for 30 min with 3 sets of diving board pull-ups
    Clean up from weekend - :)
    Comment on drafts - No. Went to sleep early.

JFT Wednesday, 6/1
    Log
    Balanced Meals
    Hydrate
    Exercise
    Post office
    2 chores

May challenge
    Goal 1: 30+ min of exercise at least 5 days per week (tracked weekly)
    Week 1: B) 51 :) 30 B) 72 B) 60 B) 35 X Rest day :) 45 -- 6/5
    Week 2: X Rest day :) 70 B) 54 X X B) 40 B) 48 -- 4/5
    Week 3: B) 57 :) 56 B) 69 X X B) 120 B) 60 --5/5
    Week 4: X B) 109 B) 76 :) 50 B) 79 :) 30 B) 108 -- 6/5
    Week 5: X B) 120 B) 30 -- 2/3
    Goal 2: 24 total hours of exercise for the month
    TTD: 1,469 min. (24.48 hr.) :)

@Bex953172 - Love the rainbow! But isn't that life, surprising us with a rainbow after a dreary day?
    the right motivation is key.
    @littleblackskirt - I'll join you for a snack-limiting challenge in June. The 150 calorie limit (excluding fruit and veg) seems reasonable for most days, but a weekly cap might work better for me.

@Snowflake1968 - Hooray for Michaela! I hope she enjoys her new-found freedom. And yes, the right motivation can make all the difference :)