SW: 230
    UGW: 150

5/31: 186.6

06/06:
    06/13:
    06/20:
    06/27:

June GW: 180 - 178

May was a busier month than i thought it would be. I am struggling setting up a routine. I am keeping up with the calories and login in everything, but my exercise have been falling behind. Hoping for a more productive June.

Loss so far: 45Lbs
    Loss to UGW: 26Lbs

• _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Happy June everyone!
    Height: 5'11"
    Starting again date and weight:
    10/2021, 282 lbs
    June starting weight: 196.4
    June Goal weight: 188
    6/1: 196.4
    6/6:
    6/13:
    6/20:
    6/27:
    6/30:
    June goals:
    🌼 weight training at the gym 2×week
    🌼 cardio 3-4×week
    🌼 balance school and my health by creating a manageable routine.

yeyxk4whjrz3.png
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

188.4 again this morning, but as I'm logging in grams, I definitely know it's due to my soreness, not my food. :innocent:

Speaking of soreness or lack thereof, my biceps feel bigger, for sure. (The bruise is from pole, lol, I get so many bruises from pole) And my abs feel tighter.
    l9336wnak5la.png

Anyway, I'm waitlisted for a low-flow class this evening, called Oh Split! lol. As the name suggests, it's working on trying to do a split. Hopefully a spot opens up so I can get in. I might go over to the gym around the time class starts just so I can be on the scene if someone cancels last minute, we'll see.

I think dinner tonight will be leftovers- we have a lot of bits and bobs in the fridge right now. Some pulled pork, a couple ribs, some tamal pie from yesterday, deli meat for sandwiches...

Anyway, tag party time!
    @DeterminedKins welcome back! You're back here with us now, that's what matters. Keep posting through it, lol, we've got you.

@LuckiS32 I love your goals, welcome!

@porquenoirl those are great goals! For bodyweight exercises, I love this guy: youtube.com/c/HybridCalisthenics. He makes progression toward harder bodyweight stuff very accessible.

@Generic_Excuse You should see if there's a class in your area to try it out! It is definitely challenging, but there is still plenty to do even if your upper arm strength isn't great yet. :smiley: I like your goals!

@lmgoff232 yesss almost to spring break! summer vacation! (lol, the coffee hadn't kicked in yet)

@pamperedlinny omg, those girls are going to be so pumped! I'm so excited FOR them! Have fun, and well done on the A1C numbers, that's great!

tags to be continued, I have to leave for work, lol!
  • Inky_one
    Inky_one Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Happy June!

Thanks so much for these threads @RavenStCloud

Starting weight - 238
    Current weight - 232
    Goal weight - 188

I'm back on here after a year or so. I got down to 190-odd lb before covid. But the whole pandemic happened and I'm back to where I originally started. But this time I'm determined to lost weight and keep it off.

I am turning 30 in the summer (August - it's creeping closer!) and I really want to be in better shape, physically and mentally. So I'm keeping an eye on what I eat (I have a tendency to snack a lot and often), getting moving and increasing my fruit and veggies.

I'm also focusing on the positives in my life, tracking one thing that's made me happy each day. Keeping an eye on my non-scale victories (I've hit my Google Fit targets for the last seven days!). And I've got myself a list of rewards for different stages of my weight loss journey. Like buying myself some flowers for 5lb down, getting a new hairstyle for 30lb.

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Tags continued!

@seltzer_lover reorganizing a closet is such a good goal, oof, my closet is a disaster atm, lol.

@kenziestabes I love game nights so much. Since I had kids, I haven't been able to attend our friend game nights as much, and I miss them a lot.

@bonniemcc4 survive the first month of summer vacation is right! Kids can be exhausting :lol:

@KeriA I'm so glad your knee is doing better! And physical therapy would be a great idea, I think! If your health insurance wouldn't cover it, I wonder if you could find a gym where they have a certified physical therapist on staff.

@EDTake2 you've got this. You can totally get more exercise- maybe try out some things to see what you look forward to doing?

@_manny_702 routines are great. Once habits are on autopilot, they're easier to do.

@Inky_one I love your handle, haha! You've got a great mindset, knowing your strengths (tracking NSVs and a good thing each day is great!) and weakness (snacking! lol, me too!) is going to help you so much. You've got this, and welcome!

Whew, got to the end. Have a great day, everyone!

weight.png
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @RavenStCloud thank you so much for these threads.

@bklyngal72 I hope you don’t have any lingering issues. Being active and getting water sounds like an excellent start

@RoseMarie713 I sent you an add. I try to keep honest and post everything but June might be a bit off kilter.

@tahitig Alaska and a celebrity wedding! That’s amazing. I hope you have a blast at both and share photos of your adventures!

@bojaantje3822 I’ve always found a tape measure to be a better judge than the scale.

@CupcakeCrusoe The pole classes sound so fun! I should see if anything near me has a class I can just test out.

@DeterminedKins Great goals for starting back on the bandwagon. It’s so easy to come up with excuses…. I know if I really want to skip out it’s so easy to have excuses. Coming back is what is most important.

@LuckiS32 welcome to the group! Those are great goals. I used to weigh daily but then I started stressing over it. I hope you do fabulous!

@porquenoirl My daughter is going to start in a kids running program in the fall and I know I’ll have to try to keep up so she can do the 5K at the end. Maybe I should start now with walk-jogging….. but I really hate jogging & running. LOL. If you have good info on stretches and strengthening to help I’m all ears.

I'm totally in the learning phase myself. I will say that this is the first time in my life I've felt a want to jog or run, so I have that going for me. In the past it's not something I ever wanted to go near.

I've been looking up stuff on youtube, I find hip stretches really helpful in particular but I know I need to strengthen my hips and core too.

One thing that's been a great help is my tens machine, cost me about €15 and it's great for niggles and small pains. And occasional dips in the sea (still bloody cold though!).

Good luck with it.
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

188.4 again this morning, but as I'm logging in grams, I definitely know it's due to my soreness, not my food. :innocent:

Speaking of soreness or lack thereof, my biceps feel bigger, for sure. (The bruise is from pole, lol, I get so many bruises from pole) And my abs feel tighter.
    l9336wnak5la.png

Anyway, I'm waitlisted for a low-flow class this evening, called Oh Split! lol. As the name suggests, it's working on trying to do a split. Hopefully a spot opens up so I can get in. I might go over to the gym around the time class starts just so I can be on the scene if someone cancels last minute, we'll see.

I think dinner tonight will be leftovers- we have a lot of bits and bobs in the fridge right now. Some pulled pork, a couple ribs, some tamal pie from yesterday, deli meat for sandwiches...

Anyway, tag party time!
    @DeterminedKins welcome back! You're back here with us now, that's what matters. Keep posting through it, lol, we've got you.

@LuckiS32 I love your goals, welcome!

@porquenoirl those are great goals! For bodyweight exercises, I love this guy: youtube.com/c/HybridCalisthenics. He makes progression toward harder bodyweight stuff very accessible.

@Generic_Excuse You should see if there's a class in your area to try it out! It is definitely challenging, but there is still plenty to do even if your upper arm strength isn't great yet. :smiley: I like your goals!

@lmgoff232 yesss almost to spring break! summer vacation! (lol, the coffee hadn't kicked in yet)

@pamperedlinny omg, those girls are going to be so pumped! I'm so excited FOR them! Have fun, and well done on the A1C numbers, that's great!

tags to be continued, I have to leave for work, lol!

Oh thank you! I'll be checking that out!

What a bruise! I had a major one last month when I got string slap from the bow while out doing archery. Hoping I improve my form enough to not do that again, it was ouchy! We just joined our club and got a bow two weeks ago, hoping we'll be out in the woods this weekend. It's all 3D dummies, no hunting allowed here (suits me, it's not my thing).
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My daughter is officially on summer break and my husband is also working from home today. Somehow I don't think I'll be getting much accomplished today even though my emails are out of control.

I plan to hit the Thursday night Zumba class at the YMCA tonight. We missed it on Sunday and the gym was closed on Monday. Then I got busy and missed Tuesday. Wednesday doesn't have one. Normally at that point I would have done a workout from YouTube or hit my at home elliptical but it is also TOM and I just want to crash out. Today I'm making myself go. No excuses.

@Generic_Excuse we are ALWAYS ballin on a budget. The only reason we are taking the friend is because a room and park entry is based on 4 person occupancy. If we had to pay for her admission it would just be the 3 of us. We be seriously broke.

@CupcakeCrusoe I actually love leftover nights. Everyone can fend for themselves and the fridge gets a clean out. I love to cook but sometimes I love getting the break from it even more.

@Inky_one I love your rewards and the idea of tracking one positive each day. Those are fantastic ideas.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 7 2021: 271.1
    SW June 2022: 183.2
    GW this month: 180
    Goal for 2022: reach maintenance (160-170?)

6/2/22 - 181.8 (-1.4lbs)
    6/9/22 -
    6/16/22 -
    6/23/22 -
    6/30/22 -

June Loss: 1.4lbs
    LTD: 89.3 lbs

Happy June All!

Today my wife and I are joining our local gym. I am looking forward to aquafit, yoga and barre classes as well as trying out the weight room, pool and racquetball. Hoping that my wife and I can create some new exercise routines that we enjoy. I am also hoping that a change in exercise routine will kick me out of my 3 month slump of being around 183.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Inky_one wrote: »
    And I've got myself a list of rewards for different stages of my weight loss journey. Like buying myself some flowers for 5lb down, getting a new hairstyle for 30lb.

♥️♥️ WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!! I'm definitely gonna steal this!!
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @sbortnick you've made some great progress and I can really relate to the energy and ability aspect of your fitnness journey. I played basketball with my oldest yesterday, full court, the full game. Its not even about the weight loss but the energy & muscle I've gained. I unfortunately can also relate to the mom struggle. Even when I wasn't working out she would ask me if I had been losing weight but it wasn't genuine it was her way of asking about my weight while she thought she was being sneaky. Because of the way my mom is it doesn't matter who is complimenting my weight loss it feels disingenuous. I hope everything goes better than expected and remember you're doing this for you and that's all that matters. ♥️