JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Not been posting goals or logging the past few days. The weekend got away from me and I didn't ride. It really throws me into a funk when there is a nice day and I waste it. Yesterday my intake was good (though I didn't log) and I rode which helps my mood. Even when the ride sucks like it did yesterday, it still boosts my mood.

Rainy day today, so we'll probably just go play trivia.

JFT Wednesday
    - Up by 6:30 :(
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( Glad they don't really care when I show up
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Protein bar for lunch
    - Equipment repair in the afternoon - been a while since I've torn a GC apart
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Date night
    - Limit alcohol to 300 calories
    - Home by 9:30
    - Bed by 10:00

Have a great day y'all!

Oh, I got a new Garmin because my old one wasn't charging, and I was just ready for a new watch. Now of course the old one is charging after I cleaned the connections. It's a Garmin 735XT with GPS and other fancy stuff. It works with the free Garmin Connect app. Check it out. If anybody is interested in a new (used) fitness tracker you can have this one. I'd just ask you pay shipping (PayPal or Venmo). Message me!
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I'll be gone up north for a few days for our niece's graduation. I'll check in with hour commitments as neede.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was such a crazy day that I did not even have time to write down goals. I did get my steps in, but only because I HAD to go for a walk for stress-reduction purposes. :) My interview is done and now my potential job switch is out of my hands, so I can relax a bit. The rest of the week should be more low-key...and I am planning to go out dancing this weekend for the first time in YEARS!

JFT for Wednesday, 6-8
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. No grains or sugar
    3. Track food
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. 8 C water
    6. No caffeine after noon
    7. 5+ freggies
    8. Do some meal prep
    9. Tidy apartment
    10. Figure out if pre-pandemic Aquatic Center punch card is still good
    11. Working on getting better sleep
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. No candy cookies or cake yes
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes by 251
    3. Yoga yes 1 hour
    4. Fast marching yes 15 mins
    5. Eat Salad yes

I had some semi-sweet baking chocolate but I don't consider that candy. Maybe I should because my history with it is not great, as far as overdoing the Non- freggie calories. But not today since I haven't had any of this for weeks. It was that or ice cream at twice the calorie count.

So it's just past two and I am done eating for the day. It would be like intermittent fasting if I hadn't gotten up and eaten at five. Just a long day to finish.

J FT Thursday
    1. No candy, cookies or cake
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Horseback riding
    4. Dumbbells 40 reps
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - June 7
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Log all food - 🙂
    Exercise 10 minutes - 🙂

JFT - June 8
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Exercise 10 minutes

@littleblackskirt - I count walking in shops as as exercise since I’ve been trying to build back up.

@Anniesquats100 - I would have trouble passing those candies too.
    I also have had a snacky day today.

I had my gyno appointment today, she did a biopsy but doesn’t feel that there is anything for me to worry about. She believes the issue I was having from October to January was hormone related.

I applied for 3 jobs tonight. I applied for the position I originally saw, but when I logged into Indeed there were two others that I just couldn’t overlook. All of them pay at minimum 4.00 an hour more than I’m currently making and all have benefits and such.

I am not really expecting a call on any of them as each of them has a program that I am not familiar with. It is good to apply and keep my resume up to date though.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't a great day, it rained all day and when I nipped into the village I got soaked. At least it meant I got a short walk in.

Walking Challenge - 150 minutes per week
    Week 1 270/150
    Week 2 32/150

Limit Snacking Challenge ( 1050 calories per week)
    Week 1 1294/1050
    Week 2 126/1050

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    No outdoor exercise yesterday, but the house looks decent. Just need to freshen up the guest rooms. I haven't done much in the garden this week, but the weather hasn't been great. I might be able to get a bit done after my meeting this morning, but we'll see.

My grandson has to give a "how-to" presentation on Friday. He's enjoyed cooking since he was quite young, so he he's decided to make penne with vodka sauce, something we've done together a few times. He's supposed to do the cooking at home and have his mom take photos of each step. My daughter has a tiny kitchen and has never made the sauce, so I suggested she bring him over here and we can all have dinner together. It's a good thing he's not making it at school - I can't imagine the teacher would be happy with a 12-year-old bringing in a bottle of vodka, lol. (The alcohol evaporates, but it does make a difference in the sauce.) That solves my problem of what to make for dinner tonight, but I have a feeling that I'll go over my calorie limit, even with a big salad to balance the meal. My sister will be visiting, so I intend to relax and enjoy the weekend.

I met my mid-year weight goal this week, just in time for my appointment with the cardiologist next week. I'm finally rid of the nearly 40 pounds I gained in the first 15 months of the pandemic, so I think he'll be pleased. Most importantly, I feel so much better than I did last summer. My goal for the rest of the year is to focus on healthy habits - sticking to a well-balanced, low-sodium Mediterranean style food plan and getting regular exercise. Losing another 10 pounds would take me out of the "overweight" category, but maintaining healthy habits is more important, so I'll be working with a smaller calorie deficit going forward. Summer will be a challenge, but hopefully I can take advantage of all the lovely fresh produce and keep the treats in check.

Recap - Wednesday 6/8
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals :) Lots of freggies, but a little low in protein and high in carbs
    Hydrate - :)
    Limit snacks - :) None today
    Outdoor chores - Too hot and humid for anything beyond watering
    Finish laundry - :)
    Family room and sunroom - :)

JFT Thursday 6/9
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Limit snacks
    Morning meeting
    Outdoor chores
    Guest rooms
    Quick grocery trip

June Challenge
    Limit snacks to 150 calories per day and 1000 calories per week (except for fruit, veg, and yogurt.
    Week 1 (June 1-4): :) 0 :) 0 >:) 300 :) 0
    Week 2 (June 5-11) :) 100 :) 110 :) 0 :) 0
    Exercise 30+ min 5 days per week
    Week 1 (June 1-4): X X B) 64 B) 90
    Week 2 (June 5-11) B) 101 X B) 60 X
  • pridesabtch
    Options

I met my mid-year weight goal this week, just in time for my appointment with the cardiologist next week. I'm finally rid of the nearly 40 pounds I gained in the first 15 months of the pandemic, so I think he'll be pleased. Most importantly, I feel so much better than I did last summer. My goal for the rest of the year is to focus on healthy habits - sticking to a well-balanced, low-sodium Mediterranean style food plan and getting regular exercise. Losing another 10 pounds would take me out of the "overweight" category, but maintaining healthy habits is more important, so I'll be working with a smaller calorie deficit going forward. Summer will be a challenge, but hopefully I can take advantage of all the lovely fresh produce and keep the treats in check.

This is awesome! Super happy for you.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

I applied for 3 jobs tonight. I applied for the position I originally saw, but when I logged into Indeed there were two others that I just couldn’t overlook. All of them pay at minimum 4.00 an hour more than I’m currently making and all have benefits and such.

I am not really expecting a call on any of them as each of them has a program that I am not familiar with. It is good to apply and keep my resume up to date though.

Those sound like great opportunities for you. Good Luck!
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Up by 6:30 :(
    - Shower :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( Glad they don't really care when I show up
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Protein bar for lunch
    - Equipment repair in the afternoon - been a while since I've torn a GC apart :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :(
    - Date night :smiley:
    - Limit alcohol to 300 calories :(
    - Home by 9:30 :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :(

Okay, so yesterday was a caloric fail due to alcohol. I was doing well until it started storming. We decided to stay at the bar until it eased up and then we started playing pool. Then things just went down hill... Oh well.

Nothing planned today except meetings and more meetings.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Beachwalker99 yay! For the mid year weight goal! That's great. Congratulations!

Snowflake1968 good luck on those jobs!

I'm plugging along. Really enjoying my dried apricots. Wondering if there is a way to get dark chocolate and veggies both into my diet. Might have to wait until I hit goal weight and have more calories to play with.

Annie
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    So I'm trying really hard today.
    I'm cutting carbs (like pasta/potato/bread/rice) sugar (as much as I can) and dairy. (Apart from the occasional bit of cheese because who can give that up?😂)

So foods I'm aiming to eat is meats, vegetables, nuts and healthy fats.

And any condiments like mayo/ketchup/salad dressings Im having in small amounts.

Im and 'all or nothing' kind of person so I can't just reduce the intake. Because if I have a little I'll convince myself "a little more" won't do any harm.

So far today I've had a boiled egg salad. With a tiny bit of garlic and herb dressing.
    And I've switched my milk to almond milk (unsweetened) and no sugar. We don't actually have any sugar in at the minute which helped lol

I really need to get tough on myself. Losing weight is something I really want but to get there I need to put in the work.

So I'm also retraining myself to say "No" to stuff. Just been shop and got Ash some chocolate and milkshake. Didn't get myself any and told Ash I'm not having any either and explained I'm trying again. So he knows not to like offer.

I'm gonna make it work where I can anyway and try my best. Dinner might be difficult but I've got lots of veg on hand to tailor it to me aswell as everyone else.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Hopping on quick to post some goals. Hope you are all well. Husband is recovering from eye surgery. He had complications from cataract surgery and I'm hoping this fixes his sight!

It's a beautiful day here today. Can't take the boat out or anything until Tim recovers from surgery but I might take a ride out to the lake just for a walk on the beach.

Just for Thursday:
    • NoBS 24H Plan and 24H Assessment
    • Drink 64 oz spa water by 6pm - Fill water pitcher with water, lemon/lime slices.
    • Eat only when hungry. No boredom or emotional eating. Find something else to do.
    • Eat slowly, putting down fork/food between bites. Stop at enough. No overeating because it tastes good.
    • Close Activity Rings on watch.
    • Home Care: Declutter according to Evernote plan. Do tasks on To-Do list.
    • Stop at mom's and say hi
    • Hair appointment at 3pm
    • Walk or bicycle ride early evening.
    • Evening routine: Brush/floss. Wash/lotion. Readings. Gratitude Journal. Prayer Journal. Set alarm for morning. Lights out on time.

WOTY: Intentional. I will make intentional choices to make next best decisions so I can reach my goal by my 63rd birthday.

June's Small Healthy Habit: Drinking 64 oz of water daily
    After I finish my morning coffee, I will fill my glass pitcher with fresh water and lemon/lime slices and pour a glass.
    6/9: :smile:
  • Anniesquats100
    Options

J FT Thursday
    1. No candy, cookies or cake yes
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes by 333
    3. Horseback riding yes
    4. Dumbbells 40 reps yes soon

Another good day. I just need a few thousand more! Well, really about 180 more, and I might hit goal weight by Christmas. Plus maybe twenty days for plateaus and celebrations and such. Anyway, today is a good day so far.

JFT Friday
    1. No candy, cookies, or cake.
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Yoga
    4. Fast marching

Tomorrow my cousin arrives for the weekend. I have a chicken to roast, and then muffins for the morning. But I have no idea how many meals he will eat with us. So I must be flexible.

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Updating my challenge numbers. Trying to decide if I should go home today or tomorrow, there are a few small issues with both days. I feel like I've lost the ability to make a decision!

Walking Challenge - 150 minutes per week
    Week 1 270/150
    Week 2 87/150

Limit Snacking Challenge ( 1050 calories per week)
    Week 1 1294/1050
    Week 2 340/1050

• pridesabtch
    edited June 2022
    Options
    If I'd made goals yesterday, I would have missed them all. Hubby made tacos for dinner and he made me queso. He makes the best queso, but it is crazy high in calories, especially when paired with chips... Usually I can manage it with exercise, but yesterday I just took a nap and vegged. That makes 2 days where I just really didn't do what I know I should do. It's like I just don't want to lose weight, but I really do and I know how. I just can't seem to string more than a few days together.

Today I'll make some goals maybe that will help.

JFT Friday
    - work by 8:00 :( 8:05 pretty close
    - meetings :smiley:
    - home at lunch to get some paperwork signed by V for her camp
    - Scan paperwork and email it back to the director (it was due 6/1/22)
    - Log food
    - Stay Green
    - Exercise - ride bike it's nice out
    - Maybe leave work early - I really have very little to do today at work
    - No nap after work
    - Go to mom's to sort bills
    - Bed by 11:30 (more like 9:00 or 10:00 these days, but it is the weekend)

Happy Friday y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - still out of town, but we’re going back today. Ate breakfast, which I don’t usually do, for convenience. After I finish my coffee, I won’t eat again until after 5 pm.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    If I'd made goals yesterday, I would have missed them all. Hubby made tacos for dinner and he made me queso. He makes the best queso, but it is crazy high in calories, especially when paired with chips... Usually I can manage it with exercise, but yesterday I just took a nap and vegged. That makes 2 days where I just really didn't do what I know I should do. It's like I just don't want to lose weight, but I really do and I know how. I just can't seem to string more than a few days together.

Today I'll make some goals maybe that will help.

JFT Friday
    - work by 8:00 :( 8:05 pretty close
    - meetings :smiley:
    - home at lunch to get some paperwork signed by V for her camp
    - Scan paperwork and email it back to the director (it was due 6/1/22)
    - Log food
    - Stay Green
    - Exercise - ride bike it's nice out
    - Maybe leave work early - I really have very little to do today at work
    - No nap after work
    - Go to mom's to sort bills
    - Bed by 11:30 (more like 9:00 or 10:00 these days, but it is the weekend)

Happy Friday y'all!

I know how you feel! I feel the same.

I want to lose weight, I know how to lose weight
    It's just the "doing" it part
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹JUNE 2022 🌹🪷🌹
    🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹🪷🌹
    WEEK 2: 8 - 14 June