What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,697 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Helped with an on-river litter pick-up today. The river was up, so the normal places that have camps were underwater. We did collect quite a few tents that were tangled up in the brush along the banks and some other weird stuff. I found another *kitten*. Yep. I found one on the last trip, too. Very weird. My friend found a nice bicycle multi-tool in good condition and a bag of cheap rope in decent condition. Also a "Pack and Play" crib, some tires, a bunch of empty pop bottles and beer cans, a couple butane bottles, some polystyrene, and some old, waterlogged errant float toys, one of which was full-up with ants.

I took a shower when I got home.

River clean-ups can be interesting. My rowing coach once found a prosthetic leg.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    My second Covid test is negative. Just a rotten late Spring cold with a cough.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    44 min walk at an average speed of 4.9kmph.

2 mins below zones
    14 mins fat burn
    27 mins cardio
    1 min peak.

My blisters are covered in Compeed plasters and while that helped quite a lot, the soreness was still pulling me back a bit from the speed that I usually walk at.

Caroline Girvan Iron Series Day 2 - Upper body with dumbbells, 30 mins.

• Bodenista
    Options
    No walking today, staying off my blisters for a couple of days.

At home workout today with Caroline and then Nicole.

lk0a9axy7u7r.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    I didn't post yesterday, really technically a rest day, though I did go out in a double with a learner in our learn to row class. As with the earlier such outing, I rowed a bit to get us back on course now and then, but mostly just stabilized the boat and let her row alone. So fun and rewarding, seeing someone make changes, improve, get the hang of it!

Today, rowing with my regular group: 6 of us, a double and quad, with me in bow of the quad; the usual 7k-ish distance, not intense - Z3 and below.
  • Bodenista
    Options
    Day 4 done and loving it!!

sdxec8ocd1ky.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Rowed the usual 7k-ish this morning in bow of the quad. Almost hit a fishing boat that was bogged down in the weeds; one more mistake on my part (3 strikes) and I'm going to mutiny out of rowing bow for a while. SMH.

Tonight, coxed a quad rowed by the two official learn-to-row coaches, and two learn-to-row class participants, which went fine. No workout there; just sitting in a boat and shouting at people. (Richer clubs have "cox boxes" that connect to speakers in the boat, so the cox can use a headset to talk to the rowers. We're shoestring-y, so our coxes just shout no megaphone even. 😆)