JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Well, I was VERY sick for three days. COVID test came back negative, so I guess it was some sort of strange combination of food poisoning and allergies. I started feeling better midday yesterday, so I went out dancing for the first time in years last night! I only stayed for two hours, but it felt good.

JFT for Sunday, 6-12
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. No grains or sugar
    3. Track food
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. 8 C water
    6. No caffeine after noon
    7. 5+ freggies
    8. Do more meal prep
    9. Work on getting better sleep
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    JFT for 6/12 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, except with my friend, if she wants one, unless I want sugar free. No more cookies today or brownie brittle.✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 6/14 (gone Thursday)✔️
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/1) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/10)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/6)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️
    11) Dinner or lunch out with friend. Can eat what I want.✔️
    JFT for 6/12 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar free. No more cookies today or brownie brittle. (last 6/12)
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/16
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/1) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/10)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/6)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Monday morning again...and I'm determined to do better this week.
    I had intended weighing myself first thing this morning but I forgot as I was in a rush. My son was on call and got called out to work early, so he had to drop off grandson (and dog!) at 7am. So no excuse not to get going today.
    I have a huge list of things I need to do, enough for the week, so will be working my way through that.

JFT Monday 13th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacks
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Collect prescription
    Bank, re parents estate
    Parents account up to date
    Gardening
    To Do list
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. No candy cookies or cake no
    2. One muffin allowed no ate 1.5
    4. Walk yes 40 mins
    5. Vacuum bedroom, and couch did bedroom
    6. Wash sheet yes

Well there was a lot to do Sunday and I got a lot of it done. But there's always more.

JFT Monday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Yoga
    4. Fast marching

Annie
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Lovely weekend with my sister and niece. We had rain on and off but were still able to enjoy some time outdoors. I'm sure I was over on calories on Saturday and Sunday. I didn't log but generally made good choices and kept track of snacks. Skipping the snacks a few days last week helped me keep within my snack budget despite the artisan ice cream and amaretti cookies. But it's back on track today!

JFT Monday, June 13
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Hydrate
    Limit snacks
    Walk or outdoor chores
    Prep for curriculum meeting
    Clean up kitchen

June Challenge
    Limit snacks to 150 calories per day and 1000 calories per week (except for fruit, veg, and yogurt.
    Week 1 (June 1-4): :) 0 :) 0 >:) 300 :) 0 Total 300/575 cal.
    Week 2 (June 5-11) :) 100 :) 110 :) 0 :) 0 :) 0 :) 120 >:) 550 Total 880/1000 cal.
    Week 3 (June 12-18) >:) 450
    Exercise 30+ min 5 days per week
    Week 1 (June 1-4): X X B) 64 B) 90 Total 2/4 days, 154 min.
    Week 2 (June 5-11) B) 101 X B) 60 X :) 150 X B) 90 Total 4/7 days 401 min.
    Week 3 (June 12-18) X
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    - Up at 5:30 :smiley:
    - Leave house at 6:00 :smiley:
    - Moms by 6:30 :smiley:
    - Help her have 2 feral cats to get neutered :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Church (or nap) - NAP :smiley: -
    - Do the cleaning I didn’t do yesterday :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay greenish :(
    - Rest day :smiley:

Happy a blessed Sunday y’all!

Yesterday was a lazy day. I did the cat thing with mom and did a little laundry, but that is pretty much it. I was okay on calories until evening when I decided to have some homemade strawberry ice cream. I was still able to stay under maintenance which is tough on a rest day, so I'm calling that a win.

Nothing much other than work planned today. Going to go home at lunch to eat since I didn't pack, but that is no biggie. I am dropping off my Garmin to friend after work and then I'm going to go for a 4- 5ish mile walk. I need to get back on top of that now that my plantar fasciitis seems to be better. At least the 5k didn't bother it Saturday. I was a bit sore the next day, but nothing was injured. I guess that is good being that this was an impromptu race. Even if I was just walking, I was walking at a much faster pace than I normally walk. My goal was under 16 min/mile (which I didn't expect to hit), but I'm uber competitive (big surprise there) and there was a lady a good bit ahead of me that I worked to pass the forever. Brought me in at a 15:15 average. I know that is not fast for race walking, but it is fast for Nikki walking when she's this fat... Today's training goal is just to hit the 4-5 mile mark with ~ < 18min/miles just to get my legs used to the distance. It's hot out so this should burn enough calories to allow me to have a treat after dinner (yea!)

Maybe I'll start cleaning out my office and relocating to my new office. No real news on when my final move will be, but hopefully it will be soon. I have a ton of stuff I need to get lined out.

JFT Monday
    - Up at 6:30 :neutral: up, but not out of bed
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:05 got caught by a train
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Do mom's bills :smiley:
    - Call Medicare :smiley:
    - Call HomeServe :smiley: the need a copy of the POA before they will talk to me
    - Audits at work
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Drop off watch
    - Go for a walk
    - Home by 8:00
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Monday y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    JFT M 6/13 ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) GA-S F&Ds ~ only 2 standards left to test, plus pending reports from Misty / start office summarization?
    4) Prep clothes for workplace hike T / at least 1-2 ta-das
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (walk dog before work)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 2nd half faster than 1st half & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

JFT for Sunday, 6-12
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills :)
    2. No grains or sugar :)
    3. Track food :)
    4. 10,000 steps :( 4053
    5. 8 C water :)
    6. No caffeine after noon :)
    7. 5+ freggies :)
    8. Do more meal prep :)
    9. Work on getting better sleep :) fell asleep with Fitbit on charger, but I think I got a good rest

JFT for Monday, 6-13
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. No grains or sugar
    3. Track food
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. do home workout
    6. get outside and walk
    7. 8 C water
    8. No caffeine after noon
    9. 5+ freggies
    10. Do more meal prep
    11. Work on getting better sleep
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/12 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar free. No more cookies today or brownie brittle. (last 6/12)
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/1) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/10)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of same foods at dinner as at lunch. I can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options

JFT Monday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins yes
    2. Eat under calorie limit yes by 187
    3. Yoga yes
    4. Fast marching yes

I seem to be back on track. Yay! I even ate my salad! But many more calories to make up from this weekend.

JFT Tuesday
    1. No candy, cookies, cake or muffins
    2. Eat under calorie limit
    3. Dumbbells 40 reps
    4. Buy groceries

Annie
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/12 (today): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugar free. No more cookies today or brownie brittle. (last 6/12)✔️
    2) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 6/16✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/1) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️Didn't eat today
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/10)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) No turkey jerky ok today.✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 6/6)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 6/6)✔️Didn't eat today
    10) No more of Gary's stash (including brownie brittle) (except as in #1), but can have nuts.✔️
    JFT for 6/13 (tomorrow): ✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/10)

Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options

JFT Monday 13th June

Log everything yes, scales are back out on the worktop
    Stay in the green yes
    No snacks one, there were 4 squares of chocolate left, now there are none left
    Back exercises a few, not enough
    Foot exercises yes
    Walk 40 minutes, drizzly rain and cold wind
    Collect prescription yes
    Bank, re parents estate yes
    Parents account up to date not written, still in my head
    Gardening about an hour, weather still bad
    To Do list made a start

JFT Tuesday 14th June

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Walk
    Mow lawn
    Gardening
    Proper evening meal

Walking Challenge - 150 minutes per week
    Week 1 270/150
    Week 2 127/150

Limit Snacking Challenge ( 1050 calories per week)
    Week 1 1294/1050
    Week 2 646/1050
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,313 Member
    Options

JFT Monday
    - Up at 6:30 :neutral: up, but not out of bed
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:05 got caught by a train
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Do mom's bills :smiley:
    - Call Medicare :smiley:
    - Call HomeServe :smiley: the need a copy of the POA before they will talk to me
    - Audits at work :(
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Drop off watch :smiley:
    - Go for a walk :smiley:
    - Home by 8:00 :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Happy Monday y'all!

Yesterday was very stressful. Mom had an episode of what I can only call paranoid delusion. She texted me to come over because she was terrified. When I got there she was a mess. She was convinced she had sold her house to someone on Facebook and that the money had disappeared from her account. It took me about an hour to convince her that none of this had happened. Her dementia is getting worse sooner than I anticipated. Hopefully, this is an isolated incident, but I need to start preparing for the next steps. She told me last year when she was more on top of things that she wanted to go to a home rather than have someone in her home. Now she thinks she is going to go to her sister's house who is a nurse. She has a whole story about how they have worked this out, but when I talked to my aunt that isn't the case. Delusions are part of the disease I wasn't prepared for. I guess I need to do more research on dementia.

When I finally got back to work, I was rather distracted and didn't get a lot done. After work I dropped of the watch to a friend and then decided to go for my walk in town. I started from the Y and was going to walk 2 miles to the gas station downtown to get water then head back. Unfortunately, the gas station was 3 miles away not 2 and it was 95 degrees with crazy high humidity and zero shade. I got way low on fluids before I got to the water stop. Hubby happened to call while I was getting water and decided me walking the 3 miles back in the heat was not a good idea, so I cut my walk short. 3 miles is better than no miles...

Dinner was yummy, but I ate an extra helping of mac & cheese. Didn't take me over calories, but I really didn't need to eat it. I was even full, I just wanted it and there was only one spoon left in the pan... I felt miserable. When will I learn?

This morning was a little crazy. Sierra's car is in the shop so she is taking my car to work which means I took Vanessa's car to work. Vanessa's car had a low tire. I went to the gas station to put air in it and the air pump was broken. Luckily Tim pulled in and pumped the tire with a bike pump.

JFT Tuesday
    - Up at 7:00 :smiley:
    - Weigh :( totally forgot
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:06
    - Meetings ALL DAY LONG
    - Pick up Sierra's car
    - May or may not make it to the bike ride this evening. Depending on when I pick up Sierra's car.
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 11:30

Happy Tuesday y'all!

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    @pridesabtch so sorry to hear about your mom's delusions. My mom is going down that road, but not so far yet. She gets afraid of the dark and the house being unlocked. We have an appointment for a memory evaluation, but she doesn't want to go. My dad still listens to her, unfortunately, so that makes it harder. Anyway, you are doing good work to care for her. It's mentally strenuous.

Annie
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap M 6/13 ~ rest day
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :/ 5.8K 16 floors 11/4 just so lazy in evening
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water :s evening snacking again ack! net cals -641, sodium high oops, fiber & protein good, calcium low, water 96 oz.
    3) GA-S F&Ds ~ only 2 standards left to test, plus pending reports from Misty ~ yay, nearly at the finish, and Misty emailed reports late in workday, will test T / start office summarization? yes! :)
    4) Prep clothes for workplace hike T :neutral: forgot holder for phone, will have to carry *sigh* / at least 1-2 ta-das ~ Breadsmith on way home. Does chasing the neighbor's cat away from birdfeeders count? But she still got one later. Then sat in basement with scared dog during thunderstorm.
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / 5:45 alarm (walk dog before work) so tired! :/

JFT T 6/14 ~ Happy Flag Day!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / noon workplace hike at Where Water Birds Nest (new trail for us)
    2) Net calories zero / 96 oz. water / no evening snacking
    3) GA-S deactivation reports testing & David's status update / finish office summarization / update records request & inquiries reference sheet
    4) Order supper for Th concert / register for F webinar from home computer (blocked by workplace network) / email P / wash dishes / another ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / pray & Calm / 6:00 alarm (PT exercises before work)

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K on 10/1/22
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @pridesabtch So sorry for what your mom & you are going through. Dementia is not fun, I lived through it with my MIL who lived with us. (((Hugs)))

@beachwalker99 Thanks so much for sharing the serenity photo!

@Bex953172 Loved your rainbow photo, beautiful!

@Snowflake1968 Thank you for letting us know about Hannah.

Can't remember all I meant to comment on. Just want to say you all inspire me! Love to my JFTers! <3
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/13 (today): ✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 6/10)

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 - 25 years! That's dedication. We all need a break sometimes, but it's great to see you back. Love the photo :)