WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I woke up got the dog fed and went back to sleep for a couple of hours,
    Last night i heard all sorts of helicopters and stuff flying overhead..there was a drug raid about 3/4 of a mile down the street from here.. Swat team and all..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, Happy Birthday Trip!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Big pictures, so I put 'em in a spoiler.
    The back yard - the daylilies close at night, but will open up again once the sun's fully up.

955uouzvgg5f.jpg

Corey's orchard:
    e5f0006bqyp5.jpg

Morning glories climbing the carport post:

idj0tyek9c7b.jpg

Hydrangeas and hostas. The smaller hydrangea was not thriving on the other side of the front porch, so I transplanted it onto the sunny side, and it's growing like crazy.
    dqxrhuy0m2d4.jpg

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa - I'll never complain about having to coax the mower around little trees again, lol. Great job.

Our neighborhood sure could use Corey right now to service and sharpen our mowers, by the way. Several years ago a local John Deere sales and service outfit would pick up the mower in the fall, go over it - clean, change fuel filter, etc., for under $200 which included pickup and delivery back to our driveway. They sold out to another outfit who has been kind of iffy.

I mowed the whole place yesterday. The grass was pretty damp in some places, but yesterday afternoon appeared to be the best day to get it caught up since we now have another week of rain in the forecast. Think I'm in the market for a small mower for trimming around the trees and places I can't get to with the big mower.

One of my favorite songs that always kicks me into action is Kiki Dee: I've got the Music in Me. Hope this link works! I think my anthem has always been "If something gets in my way, I go around it." Peace on, lol.
    I'm continuing to work on the "to do" list. I'm putting off doing anything with DH's shop and tools/vehicles, etc. until next year. Then will bring in an auctioneer or some kind of Death Cleaners to sort what's valuable and what's junk and haul most of it away. He has a desk, file cabinets and cubby holes which might be storing keys and valuables I can start going through if I need something to do.

Heather - Bon Voyage, can't wait to see the pictures.

Barbie - Bessie and Bernie will enjoy the extra attention. Continued hugs to your household.

Make it a wonderful day! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Oh Barbie... such a beautiful pup. God Bless sweet Sasha.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We had a lovely morning today watching 3 spike horned deer snack on our shrubs & blackberry vines. We enjoyed every minute.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ Have a safe journey and Have Fun!

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,829 Member
    Options
    👽🌵🔆
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today then went to CVS. I could have sworn that they took sharpies (needles), but they don’t. Vince has all the needles from his allergy shots. I finally convinced him to cut off the needle part, keep them in a separate container and throw the syringe away. Then stopped at Food Lion to get soda that was on sale (just a bit because it wasn’t a great sale) and Gatorade. Admitted, they are a higher price than WalMart. But if I buy two I get a dollar back so in a way it’s cheaper than WalMart.

Terri – we have to get better fast because replacement parts are hard to find….lol Glad you’re feeling better

Vince watered the new plants this morning and we’ll probably do it again tonight. With it so hot, that’s why we’re doing it twice.

Rebecca – safe travels

Michele NC
    who is off to the pool
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    M I have had some months like you describe. Currently things are going better. When I was going through that time I would try to get myself to stop and take deep breaths and blow out slowly. There is also a delightful woman named Donna Eden on you-tube who has a some self messaging techniques that help in stressful situations. One is you take your hands pass them over your eyes, go slowy behind your ears, then have your hands press slowly down the sides of your neck where your vagus nerve rests. It helps rest your vagus nerve. Sometimes just taking a moment of self care can give enough of a pause to help one through a tough time.

If you do look her up she radiates boundless cheerful energy. Refreshing in these trying times.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3<3Debbie, sending hugs to you.
  • pipcd34
    Options