WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Jess’ diploma came in the mail today

Went in the pool after the landscape guys left. It wasn’t even refreshing.

Allie – I do hope the DCF comes thru soon because school will soon be over

Rebecca – nice bracelet and it means so much

barbie – love to you, Jake, Bessie and I know Sasha is grateful for all you did for her. She’s happy now and looking down on you

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Barbie, my condolences in the passing of sweet Sasha!🙏😢

Thanks ladies for all the well wishes! I appreciate your friendship!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    i3iehvrbv44w.jpg
    ma384pr777ew.jpg

Good bye to Sasha who lived a great and loving life from June 17, 2007 to June 15, 2022. She was beloved by all her knew her. Our vet was kind and caring at the end. He has known her since she was a puppy.

So sorry.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Morning all. My back is slowly getting back to normal. Elderly wheels grind exceeding slow.

Heather: Packing anxiety is definitely a thing.
    RVRita: That’s an interesting article. I’m fascinated by the whole concept of AI.
    Barbie: Such a sweet looking dog. (((Hugs))) to your little family. 🌈 RIP Sweet Sasha 💕

Gotta fly! Window cleaner has just arrived.

Planning a relaxed day.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    We lost our sweet old dog Schooner last fall. We hope to find a puppy in the coming weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed. ❤️
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Barbie- (((HUGS)))
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie, Sweet, lovely Sasha. :'( So sorry for you, Jake, and your other critters.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    I have to get a handle on my weight. I keep saying I want to live past 100; but at the rate I am going and with the health issues that go along with obesity, I won't make it. It is a good thing that I have an active job that keeps me strong and a little flexible; but even then, I have been having more issues with back pain, joint pain, etc. I have been reading your posts and many of you are at the maintenance part of your weight journey. I often read, "I have gained 5 pounds" and then a week or two later, "Lost those pesky 5 pounds". I think I need to approach my weight in smaller bite sized chunks. I know, I can make good choices for two weeks. So...I am just going to tell myself "I have to lose 5 pounds." Once the five pounds is gone, I will focus on the five pounds I have to lose.

Well, kiddos will be arriving shortly. I need to get outside and get my plants watered. The rain we were supposed to get last night (and over the weekend) never happened. Things are getting very dry. Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

When I lost weight in 2015, I approached it this way ... I would stick with it for 5 weeks. That's it. No more. Just 5 weeks.

In that time, I was pretty sure I'd lose a little bit which would be better than nothing.

For 5 weeks, I ate at or slightly less than 1250 calories each day ... net.
    In other words, if I walked an hour, that's 200 calories. So that day, I could eat 1400 calories. 1250 + 200 = 1450, and slightly less is 1400.

For the first 10 days, nothing happened. No gain, no loss. I was getting really frustrated.

And then I started slowly losing a little. By the end of 2 weeks, I had lost about 0.5 kg.

But then it really started coming off and by the end of 5 weeks, I had lost 5 kg (11 lbs).

By the end of 15 weeks, I had lost 15 kg (33 lbs)

But it did take determination. Absolutely no "cheat days". Every single day of those 15 weeks I remained at or just below net 1250 calories.

Since then I haven't been quite prepared to do that again with that level of determination.

So now, I'm attempting the 'minor changes' method and I'm expecting a much slower loss. I also need to lose weight for health.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :'( (((Barbie, Jake & Bessie))) :'(
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    KJ I am doing well with the Just For Today thread. I set daily goals and just take it one day at a time. I find it better to set goals for my behavior, eating and exercise, than to set goals for the scale. But I'm just at the start of my journey.

Other things that helped include finding lactose free Greek yogurt and even finding a faux ice cream that has half the calories. And switching to stevia saved me two teaspoons of sugar a day. The little things add up. I still have trouble with special occasions and one restaurant lunch can blow my week. But overall I'm losing. You can do this!

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    (((Barbie)))
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Thinking of you and Jake, Bessie and Bernie... Your grief at Sacha's loss is such a tribute to how much you loved her. :'(

Rebecca - Happy belated birthday once more and hope you really enjoy the trip! B)

KJ - Thanks for sharing your pick-me-up songs! My Monkees song favorite was also from my youth, hit the charts when I was 7, and Gloria Estefan's was when I was 30. Which I now think of as my youth, but probably didn't then... I think Annie's daily goals and Machka's previous weight loss regimen are both very rational, and keeping things to a specific time frame can work wonders. For me using each month's goal of "be lighter" has diminished my stress levels regarding my weight. You just have to find your sweet spot, and you will...

Terri - So glad your back is improving...

Rita - my reaction to the AI conversation.
    Rita - I would want a whole lot more than one guy's testimony to LaMDA being human. In my opinion, LeMoine was very probably "leading the witness." As in, built into LaMDA is the ability to learn, and it has learned to effectively imitate LaMoine. He is a priest for a "mystic Christian" sect, and by that admission, incredibly biased toward the base assumption that LaMDA has become human. That kind of confirmation bias (only hearing what fits his theory and discarding the rest) makes this very suspect.

I read a lot on the subject and was intrigued when this all came to light.

Heather - I just unpacked my go-bag completely a few months ago. This is the first time in more than 15 years I don't have a suitcase packed and ready to go. Hope your anxiety recedes soon!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR