WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I did my yoga and fast marching! Yay!

I read the lambda interview and it mimics sentience remarkably well. But I don't believe it is sentient behind the curtain. Even though I'm not sure what that means. I searched on it and found an article on thenextweb.com that says sentience requires agency, perspective, and motivation. Lambda lacks these. So that's my humble opinion. I think that an ability to mimic language, no matter how fluent, will never be proof of sentience. But it's a fascinating interview.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Lambda & Sentience ~ Two new words to me! ;) Looked them up...Thanks Mr. Google.

I dearly need a new mattress and have been looking all over the web trying to figure out what would be best. Do any of you have a hybrid mattress/bed in a box? In addition to these, I've looked at the usual older well known and can't decide what to do.

Carol in GA

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Worked today. The guys came to put in the bushes. Finally !!!! Like I said, this guy does great work, it’s just that it takes forever. Unfortunately, I want other work done and I really, really like the work of this other man but he just called to say that he’s lost 4 workers and really can’t take on any new work so I asked this guy (Charlie) to do it. I guess I’ll just have to wait. But I’m glad the plants are in. All except for one.

Didn’t go to bowling today. Vince seems to really be getting more and more into bowling. I’m into the socialization. I’ve already told him that I really don’t like this Wed. league so I’ll probably take next summer off from bowling.

It’s so hot, I gave the guys a couple bottles of water, but it looks like they have some in a cooler

Woo hoo, I have a one day streak!!!!

Barbara – the landscaper set the plants out yesterday. I think he was going to plant them but it started to rain (but it didn’t rain in the afternoon so I was a bit surprised he didn’t return. Maybe he went to work somewhere where it wasn’t raining). But they are here today planting them. There’s only one bush that for some reason he didn’t get but he’s digging the hole for it and should get it soon. That place doesn’t do blood work???? Hope Joe gets it done real soon and doesn’t have to drive very far. So happy to see you again.

Allie – is Carmine getting psychological help? I seem to remember discussing it, but for the life of me, I can’t remember the outcome

It’s something like 92 outside. I feel bad going in the pool while these guys are sweltering. So I’ll get some things done around the house. I want to make the pops after I get off here

In the middle of the night the cats started running around. They usually don’t do this. Loki was chasing Lexi. When I got up I found a dead mouse in the laundry room. Could this have been why the cats were so active?

It’s been a few months now, but I think Loki still misses Clyde.

Rebecca – can’t wait to hear the Athena stories and see the pics

Terri – I can’t remember the last time (if ever) that I wore a 2 piece. Oh yea, it was when we were invited to a party that had an “island” theme. I wore that with a grass skirt over the bottoms which helped to hide my big stomach. Other than that – not for me. I do try to go thru my closet and get rid of the things I don’t wear. I also push Vince to do it.

Jerry got the pickles for me and even drained them in the sink and put them in the sink. Wonder why he gives me such a hard time when I just ask him to get them. I don’t even ask him to drain them or put them in the sink for me?

Off to make the pops

Michele NCd today.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Rebecca!!! Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Barbie - hope things go easily with Sasha.

My kitty JJ has cavities and needs dental work. She is 14 so will have to have labs first to see if they can do the surgery to remove the teeth. The vet says the nerves are exposed but she does not seem to be in pain. She is still eating both canned food and kibble although she has lost some weight. She will get labs on Monday and then the surgery won't be for 7 weeks.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rebecca!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Michelle- just through the school counselor, Kyles insurance doesnt have mental health coverage, which stinks ,this poor child really needs it,they are on a waiting list through DCF for family counseling hope that starts soon..
    Kyle said to Tracy I love that kid,but hate him right now.. and its just the age.. I remember being a B ,to my parents ,but not to everyone and not to my grandparents..
    The 4 of them are going to the Mystic aquarium this Saterday I got them a Family membership for Christmas but gave it to them early..they had a season pass for 6 flags ,but with Miles it just wouldn't be a great family thing. At least this they can all go to. And Miles will go crazy. I play him fish videos alot.
    Rebecca- have a great time with your family and make lots of memories.. 60 is nothing
    Barbie- thinking of you all today.sending you love and hugs xoxox
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Oh Barbie. Such a pretty pup. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I will be packing because tomorrow I go on my trip, bus to Kings station in Seattle, then train down to Vancouver WA. I'm excited to see son, wife and granddaughter. I shall be staying a week with them, then a week at my eldest sisters homestead. Tomorrow is berry picking for daughter in-laws birthday activity. It shall be on Sauves island. As much as I dislike traveling, I love the visit. I just don't like being under others schedules, food choices, but its good for me. Adapt, acclimate and adjust with be my new plan of the day.
    (I don't feel 60) 🙃🙄😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Happy Birthday!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Barbie sending you ,Jake and Bessie hugs and love .. this is the time when owning a pet is the hardest.But all the love the give you is so so worth it xoxo.my deepest condolences to you all xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    i3iehvrbv44w.jpg
    ma384pr777ew.jpg

Good bye to Sasha who lived a great and loving life from June 17, 2007 to June 15, 2022. She was beloved by all her knew her. Our vet was kind and caring at the end. He has known her since she was a puppy.

I’m so sorry for your loss, my heart is with you.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    So sorry, Barbie. You were great parents. <3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    i3iehvrbv44w.jpg
    ma384pr777ew.jpg

Good bye to Sasha who lived a great and loving life from June 17, 2007 to June 15, 2022. She was beloved by all her knew her. Our vet was kind and caring at the end. He has known her since she was a puppy.

so sorry for your loss- she was beautiful- a bigger version of our first dog when I was a kid- Sweetheart was a toy poodle that was the same color.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Barbie,

Good bye Sasha, this is always the hardest thing, and yet I can not imagine being without the love and companionship in my life.

Hang in there! we are all sending((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    i3iehvrbv44w.jpg
    ma384pr777ew.jpg

<3 Run free, sweet Sasha. No more pain. You were the best girl ever. <3

((((Barbie, Jake and Bessie))))

Lanette

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Barbie, so sorry about Sasha, {{{HUGS}}} for you, Jake, Bessie and Bernie.
    Rebecca, Happy Birthday!
    Allie, thinking of you and the family, especially Carmine……
    Tracey, Happy Anniversary!
    Barbara, glad to hear you are recovering!
    Rory, sorry to hear that you ended up with the crud…..
    Meg, good to hear from you!
    Lisa, happy to hear that your family visit went well and that your daughter is doing well. Sure hope her soon to be ex will be, if not gracious, at least accepting of the whole deal and will realize his (huge!) part in all of it!

I was exposed to Covid at work last Friday, a tenant came into our office ( I work in a storage facility), and was there for 15-20 min, anyway he texted a coworker that he tested positive that night. I tested Tuesday and Wednesday (today), negative so far. I will be testing thurs and fri as well. After that, I figure I should be fine, I wasn’t physically close to him and he was the picture of health. I would not have wanted to check my blood pressure last weekend tho!!

I know there are many more comments that I wanted to make, if I didn’t mention you specifically please don’t be offended, I really did cry, laugh and cheer when I read your post but the memory fails….
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Barbie so sorry to hear about Sasha. Hugs for you.

Katiebug good luck to you on your fresh start! You can do this!

Annie in Delaware