Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• healthyhappy123
    Options
    Hey all...I did terribly this week. Gained a few pounds and definitely not happy about it but I can't say I didn't expect it. Last weekend I had to eat a lot in order to maintain energy for the bike ride. This week I've been stressed and down and have over eaten quite a bit. I'm really trying to get back in the saddle here. Trying to make a plan! So Berries and Bananas, I'm sorry!!! I promise I'll do better!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    We have a new Peach on our "MFP Family Tree" :D
    (I say family tree b/c we all grow on trees/bushes & I feel like you're my extended family)
    Welcome to the challenge SexyJaye!! :heart: ya Babe!!
  • Nikki881
    Options
    Hey, has anyone heard from our last two fruits, nikalosingweight and islander? They still haven't weighed in for the week.
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    I've sent Courtney (islander) a message. Hopefully I'll hear something from her. As for Nika, she posted (on her own page) about her limited ability to get on the internet so I'm going to cut her some slack. I can tell her heart is still in the competition so I don't want to punish her for that! Keep up the great work Nika!

And yes, we have a new challenger!! She's a PEACH and her name is Jaye (sexyjaye). I'm a little behind on my to-do list so I still have to update the spreadsheet, etc. But feel free to friend her and welcome her to our competition!

On another note, congratulations APPLES on being this week's winners!!! You guys rocked this week! And the individual for the third week in a row was WARLOCKSMISTRESS!! Nice work! You are a definite inspiration!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congrats Apples and Warlockmistress!!!!! And yay for our new Peach! Welcome! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I'm going apple picking today, woohoo!!! Lot's of walking and carrying 89374754 lbs of apples, good work out! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Nikki881
    Options
    Congrats to all us Apples! And congrats to WarlocksMistress!! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Congrats, Apples & WarlocksMistress!

Let's keep at this!!
  • misslouisee
    misslouisee Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    yay! so proud to be an apple this week :)

Well done everyone, for those who didn't lose, lots of luck for next week, keep it up! x
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO APPLES!!!!

Welcome to the challenge sexyjaye!

Alright BLUE BERRIES, this is OUR week to show all those other fruits what we're made of!!!!!!!! We're more than just mushy blue berries! We're lean mean fighting machines! Let's DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did everyone do on the weekend challenge????? I was pretty impressed with myself... Sunday was HARD! We had a potluck after church, but I limited myself with what I had. Then we didn't eat dinner, cause we typically don't on Sunday nights with leading youth group and all, but I did have a piece and a half of a homemade heath bar cheesecake I made for the kids... it was amazing! And I still came under :-)

I had a 5k today... came in 702nd out of about 2,000. Lol. Not my best time ever, but not my worst!

So this week....... what's the challenge??? Lets make it something good!! And keep up on your water ladies!!!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I caught food poisoning on Saturday.. Couldn't keep anything down & what I did keep down, didn't last long in my body. :[
    Getting back on track today! YAY!

Let's go PEACHES <3
  • misslouisee
    Options
    How's everyone doing this week? not long til weigh in!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    IT'S ALREADY TUESDAY?! where does the time go? :tongue: My weekend challange was a flop! Went apple picking and instead of going to a local restaurant we ended up at PF Changs. Food was great, rediculous in calories! Sunday was a birthday chili cook off, which I only ate a little, but wasn't sure how to log it. I think the Bears losing made me eat even more! :mad: But it's a new day, time to get back on track for weigh ins! Hope everyone's week is going well. LET'S GO PEACHES!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    I caught food poisoning on Saturday.. Couldn't keep anything down & what I did keep down, didn't last long in my body. :[

Let's go PEACHES <3

That's terrible!!!!! I hope you're better now! :flowerforyou:
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    Time is flying... I feel like I have done great this week and I did good this weekend, but I cannot seem to shake off these last couple of pounds to get into the 140s! I have never in my life been so irritated with anything! I am truly at a loss as to what to do to make it happen......
  • paulahhhh
    Options

Let's go PEACHES <3

That's terrible!!!!! I hope you're better now! :flowerforyou:

MUCH Better, actually! Except last night, I ended up nauseous before bed :[
  • mummyv811
    Options
    Firstly - Get well soon Paula!:flowerforyou:

Secondly - Congratulations to The Red Apples and Warlocksmistress for last weeks results:drinker:

Thirdly - I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S WEIGH IN DAY TOMORROW!!!!! :noway:

Hope everyone is well and having a good week! I started the 30 Day Shred on Monday, and planning to do Day 3 this evening, so I feel like I've had a good one. I put on quite a bit last week (2+ lbs) due to holidays and just not logging so I hope I'm back on track (again) and can make the Bananas proud! :bigsmile:
  • misslouisee
    Options
    Hmmmm, I'm feeling I might have stayed the same or even put on this week :( Not sure yet, have to find out tomorrow. It's also my time of the month so that's not helping. Lots of luck everyone x
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    How can weigh-in day be tomorrow already??? Wow.... Okay, so I feel like I've had a good week, but am definitely still struggling with these same 3-4 pounds :grumble: Not too pleased... I hope tomorrow I at least show a loss! Even though it'll be the same pounds I've been losing for 2 months now! In an effort to break through this platuea I am trying a couple new things.....

1. Calorie zig-zagging - it's all the rage on the boards these days, so I figure I'll be a cool kid and try it too :wink: So here is my calorie schedule:

Monday 1225
    Tuesday 1225
    Wednesday 1469
    Thursday 1225
    Friday 1225
    Saturday 1347
    Sunday 1225

I found this website to help me with it:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

2. I am going to incorporate weight-training into my exercise routine (if you can call it a "routine"). Right now I mainly run. I have tried to start Ripped in 30 twice now... I do it for 1 week and then stop. Probably because I try to wake up an hour early to fit it into my busy schedule. So, I think now that the weather is getting gross out (Ohio Fall! Love it!) I will run on the nice evenings, and do Ripped in 30 and some ab workouts the other days. I gotta make sure my running buddy is on-board with this, but I feel like she will be.

So I will let you all know how this goes and if I break through my plateau! :bigsmile:
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sorry you've been unwell, Paulahhh, but I'm glad you're feeling better now. I hope everyone else is well!

I have had an awful week this week. I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow. The eating hasn't been great, but that I know I can get back on top of next week (it's my birthday on Friday and I'm planning on enjoying champagne, cocktails & Moqueca over the weekend). My main problem is getting back to exercise. I've completely lost all motivation to do anything. I've been doing odd bits of exercise for the past three weeks and haven't had any proper routine. I'm not sure how to kick start my good habits again.

What do you do to re-motivate yourselves?
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    weigh in tomorrow?!?!? ALREADY!!!?????? AHHHHHH! Im a little nervous my sodium has been high this week but ive been trying to drink a gallon of water a day to help with that....... on a lighter note tomorrow is payday so ill be able to go grocery shopping for some healthier food!