Skinny Dippers! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• skinniewannabe
    skinniewannabe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nice exercising all! :)

Today was not good for me.. I only got to walk the dog for 30 minutes and burned 116 calories. But, I did have a job interview (which I got!) and a meeting with a possible landlord (we will find out tomorrow if we got the place or not..). Tomorrow will definitely be a better day! I think I'm going to try and do a yoga class in the morning and a Zumba class in the afternoon or evening. We will see if I can make it to both! Trying to stay positive :)

Congrats on the job! Oh, and good luck with the apartment. :)
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    Just checking in with 308 cal burned from exercise. The 2000 cal for the week mark is probably a bit of a stretch for me, but I'm okay with that. The amount I have used my treadmill this past week is probably more than I've used it in the past year.
  • smackadoodle
    smackadoodle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    Good job! And good luck!!
  • smackadoodle
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out how to reply to a person's post.
    Anyway, exercised about 365 calories yesterday. And that was a busy day for me!
    Anyone here older like me (57) who can exercise a lot? Any tips?
    The weekend was a trial but except for one serving of soup, I made good choices.
  • Stampinda
    Options
    I am still trying to figure out how to reply to a person's post.
    Anyway, exercised about 365 calories yesterday. And that was a busy day for me!
    Anyone here older like me (57) who can exercise a lot? Any tips?
    The weekend was a trial but except for one serving of soup, I made good choices.

I'm almost 48....I started 30 days ago doing NO exercise. I'm having build up slowly, especially with the walking/jogging because it's bothering my ankles quite a bit. I'm finding that I especially like biking and swimming because those exercises don't put pressure on my ankles. You could try working those things into your exercise routine, if you haven't tried them already. :)
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in with 607 calories burned for yesterday. I'm hoping to get back into actual WORKOUTS this week too, as right now my life has been consumed with moving things, painting things, building things... but holy cow do you sweat! And all the up and down on the step ladder has GOT to be good for my behind :) I'm planning on hitting up my hot yoga studio either tomorrow or Friday, and then I will be in the gym Thurs - Sunday for at least 45 mins, so I think I can break my 2500 goal and possibly even get into the 3000s. Which would be nice :)
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Nice exercising all! :)

Today was not good for me.. I only got to walk the dog for 30 minutes and burned 116 calories. But, I did have a job interview (which I got!) and a meeting with a possible landlord (we will find out tomorrow if we got the place or not..). Tomorrow will definitely be a better day! I think I'm going to try and do a yoga class in the morning and a Zumba class in the afternoon or evening. We will see if I can make it to both! Trying to stay positive :)
    Great news about the job!!!!
    Positive attitude is the key!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    burned 354 this morning....total 1591...spin tonight so I should burn another 1000 or so.

I am so sore from boot camp yesterday morning! Isn't it great to be sore?
  • Stampinda
    Options
    Checking in with today's total calorie burn at 496. :)

Wow, I'm already half way there and it's only Tuesday! That just makes me happy! :):):)
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    burned 354 this morning....total 1591...spin tonight so I should burn another 1000 or so.

I am so sore from boot camp yesterday morning! Isn't it great to be sore?

HOW DO YOU DO THAT??

I burned about 1000 today from yoga and Zumba. I'll give a total when I know exactly how much it is :)
  • fosterr8
    Options
    Today I burned 465 calories!
    I've also been using the stairs instead of the elevator as an extra challenge to myself this week. I'm on the 6th floor of my building and I do the stairs 3-4 times per day. I don't count it in my exercise calories, but it definitely gets my heart pumping :)
  • Stampinda
    Options
    Today I burned 465 calories!
    I've also been using the stairs instead of the elevator as an extra challenge to myself this week. I'm on the 6th floor of my building and I do the stairs 3-4 times per day. I don't count it in my exercise calories, but it definitely gets my heart pumping :)

Great job.....and good idea!! :):):)
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    I did a little checking and am changing my calories from last night to 450 - that seems like a more accurate amount from looking around online. I don't yet have an HRM, though I think I might have one hiding in a box somewhere from moving in the last year.... If I can find it and figure out how to actually use it, then I'll be set!

And I am adding for today, another 253 calories so far. I think I'm gonna round it just to make it easier for remembering. So 250. For a total of 700 out of 2000 so far. I'm on my way!!

I think I'll be doing Zumba tonight while dinner cooks! :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 717 calories burned. Beat my own pace for running! I can now do a mile in 12.45 minutes! Woohoo, which is coming down from 14 minutes!

Also, just made this delicious vegetarian dish for dinner.. Did I mention it was delicious? I mean... it was quite delicious. :bigsmile:

manicotti4.jpg
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/homemade-manicotti.html
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 717 calories burned. Beat my own pace for running! I can now do a mile in 12.45 minutes! Woohoo, which is coming down from 14 minutes!

Also, just made this delicious vegetarian dish for dinner.. Did I mention it was delicious? I mean... it was quite delicious. :bigsmile:

manicotti4.jpg
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/homemade-manicotti.html

that looks fantastic, im like drooling :blushing: I will definitely be trying that out soon!
  • mar109
    mar109 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    checking in with 467 calories for today, thats a total of 973 calories so far for the week!!!!! Keep up the good work skinny dippers!!!!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great burn everyone!! I am checking in with 660 cals burned for today. :)
  • skinniewannabe
    Options
    Checking in with 256 cal burned. Totally not what I was hoping for, but I'm super tired. Hey, if I don't make the challenge, don't kick me out, lol.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Awesome job all! I'm checking in with 945 cals burned today!! (Forrest yoga, which is a hot and aerobic type of yoga, as well as Zumba!)

:)