What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    catlinjw wrote: »
    Feeling like it's not hard to pack for a trip because most of our clothes actually fit!

I can’t wait for this!!! I am on my way - but not there yet.
  • mooreks81
    mooreks81 Posts: 15 Member
    palwithme wrote: »
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

You too? I thought I was the only one. I am freezing all. the. time. I just hope my body gets used to it.

You will not get used to it. I've always been cold when I'm skinny. The only protection you might get against it is building muscle, as that also keeps your motor/metabolism running. But still, less fat = being cold.

The other thing that people have mentioned here is that less fat = more uncomfortable when doing things like yoga, pilates, and other mat work. Any position on the knees or elbows like low plank is worse when you're thinner, even if you are stronger (or equally strong but the moves are easier because there's less body weight to lift.) Once again, sometimes building muscle can provide a cushion that helps with this situation, but given where muscles go, that usually doesn't work (they're not ON the knee, for example.) Just use a thick mat or the other cushioning equipment when you're doing this kind of exercise.

My protection against being cold in the winter is to hop on my treadmill desk! Kills two birds with one stone.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    That you don't lose weight evenly. I have 9kg to go (of 35 total) and it's pretty much all on my belly and hips - the place where I most want to lose it from!

i like this one ! You are very correct you do not lose weight where you want it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!