What's on your mind?

Replies

• Flutterby2021
    Flutterby2021 Posts: 47 Member
    Someone’s having a laugh on here restricting me … someone release meeeeeee! I’m gonna have words with the boss 😡
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,167 Member
    Where do people meet people in real life? Like, not romantically though not not romantically, but just you know meeting people. I tried an art class and the vibe was pretentious. I tried a hiking club and the vibe was strident. I liked my old gym but the coach no longer coaches because he’s busy with his new tattoo business. When I worked in retail that was way too many people but now I hardly deal with people at all and it’s getting a little isolating. Maybe I should go back to school.

I've met most of my friends I made as an adult through skating or curling. Really most come from the club we belong to where I skate and curl. One friend was just another mom who like to have wine while our kids did karate class.
    I did my restaurant management class and made some friends through there too. They are way younger than I but it's kinda fun having them as friends cause maybe one day they'll manage a fancy restaurant I can go visit. 🤣
    I find at most things I do I make a friend. There's usually one who isn't as annoying as the others.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Where do people meet people in real life? Like, not romantically though not not romantically, but just you know meeting people. I tried an art class and the vibe was pretentious. I tried a hiking club and the vibe was strident. I liked my old gym but the coach no longer coaches because he’s busy with his new tattoo business. When I worked in retail that was way too many people but now I hardly deal with people at all and it’s getting a little isolating. Maybe I should go back to school.

I've met most of my friends I made as an adult through skating or curling. Really most come from the club we belong to where I skate and curl. One friend was just another mom who like to have wine while our kids did karate class.
    I did my restaurant management class and made some friends through there too. They are way younger than I but it's kinda fun having them as friends cause maybe one day they'll manage a fancy restaurant I can go visit. 🤣
    I find at most things I do I make a friend. There's usually one who isn't as annoying as the others.
    The rare gem

• TwitchyMagee
    What a very special time for me
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,670 Member
    edited July 2022

May I suggest a career in law enforcement. We have an opening 👮🏻
    So many words and not a single one appropriate

You will meet loads of people every 12 hour shift you work. You can look forward to the luxury of switching from days to nights every two weeks. Different people come out at different hours. The options are limitless.

Overworked and underpaid?
    Maybe consider a small suburb in OK coz the cops here have their own little kingdom. 😂

So could I be King? 🤔

Yes... yes, you could.
    vyq7uafv8c0f.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member
    edited July 2022
    cmsienk wrote: »

You will meet loads of people every 12 hour shift you work. You can look forward to the luxury of switching from days to nights every two weeks. Different people come out at different hours. The options are limitless.

Maybe consider a small suburb in OK coz the cops here have their own little kingdom. 😂

So could I be King? 🤔

Yes... yes, you could.

y8ltjbnmd0pa.gif

• cmsienk

So could I be King? 🤔

Yes... yes, you could.

wijx5h1dvmre.gif
  • Tinydancer2pt0
    Tinydancer2pt0 Posts: 58 Member
    I went downstairs at five to get a cup of non-caffeinated tea because that’s what I’m doing now and I smelled food and I thought it was weird that the food smell had lingered so long from last night but then I saw that my 13-year-old was in the kitchen at 5 AM mind you and he was wiping the counter because he had just made chicken fried rice and he didn’t just make chicken fried rice from already cooked ingredients he cooked the frikken chicken and the rice and cut the onion and cut the carrot and scramble the egg and made fried rice and was wiping the counter at 5 AM and the kitchen is clean

Ok now that’s what I call a favorite 🤩

Ps
    Does he do take out? Asking for a friend 🤞🥰
  • Tinydancer2pt0
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I went downstairs at five to get a cup of non-caffeinated tea because that’s what I’m doing now and I smelled food and I thought it was weird that the food smell had lingered so long from last night but then I saw that my 13-year-old was in the kitchen at 5 AM mind you and he was wiping the counter because he had just made chicken fried rice and he didn’t just make chicken fried rice from already cooked ingredients he cooked the frikken chicken and the rice and cut the onion and cut the carrot and scramble the egg and made fried rice and was wiping the counter at 5 AM and the kitchen is clean

He cleaned up after - congratulations you’re doing it right mom!
    thank you but the other two are slobs so I’m not sure I can take credit for this. He was just born awesome.

Funny how they can be raised in the same household but be completely different in that regard right ? Eh I say take credit for anything good they do - lol

As you should since we will be blamed for anything else they do🤷🏻‍♀️🙄😉
  • TwitchyMagee

Ok now that’s what I call a favorite 🤩

Ps
    Does he do take out? Asking for a friend 🤞🥰
    This morning was latkes! & now he’s making found object sculpture. Truly wonderful boy
  • Tinydancer2pt0
    edited July 2022
    @TwitchyMagee

Your PP is….. bellisima!!!😍❤️❤️🌷🌷

And you pic is stunning too🥰

Sorry I have the humor of a 10yr old boy😬
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member

So could I be King? 🤔

Yes... yes, you could.

wijx5h1dvmre.gif

These quotes 😂

• TwitchyMagee
    @TwitchyMagee

Your PP is….. bellisima!!!😍❤️❤️🌷🌷

And you pic is stunning too🥰

Sorry I have the humor of a 10yr old boy😬
    dj9pv4o86ic3.gif

• cmsienk
    edited July 2022
    These quotes 😂
    That last one was intentional 🤣
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Is it bad that I'm eating breakfast and reading posts in bed because its too cold? 🥶 7am and 3c I can't wait to travel to the tropics for winter again
  • cmsienk
    Is it bad that I'm eating breakfast and reading posts in bed because its too cold? 🥶 7am and 3c I can't wait to travel to the tropics for winter again

Not at all. I did the same thing and it was 12.7° C (55° F) here this morning
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member

Thank you for your service. 🌷🌷🌷
  • slimgirljo15
    My mom is 85 today 🥳❤️❤️❤️🎂
    She’s such a cutie pie and has such a beautiful soul!❤️❤️❤️

She has been my hero and my inspiration for all of my life, I always wanted to be a mommy like her from a young age and could tell she was special❤️

She traveled the world on her own and with her best friend for a portion of it… ok mainly Europe 🤷🏻‍♀️… but still pretty great in the early sixties…

She also didn’t get married until she was 30 and didn’t have me til she was 31…again not the norm back then (let’s not do the math mkay?!🫣)

She worked on the first Book Mobile in Boston and was a Librarian for 40 yrs.. she took off time to raise us and went back when I was old enough to baby sit the little ones (she had my youngest brother at 41 something that is so normal now was really odd and rare back then but she loved being a mom(she was the oldest mom of all my friends and classmates but also had such patience and always made us laugh, we always feel so loved and she still does!

I found a pic of her that was taken when I was 2 and she was pregnant with my other brother … I think she was and still is so beautiful inside and out and well I wanted to share this with you all and ask for prayers to keep her safe and well.

We are going to the neurologist next week to evaluate for dementia 😔… her mom had Alzheimer’s and she has been repeating things lately and as if she hadn’t just said it so we want to be proactive🙏🏻
    (Her mom lived with us thru the worst of the disease and it wrecked us she was as such another lovely soul and it’s so unfair and heartbreaking to all those dealing with it and their family and supporters)

This is a chick who had breast cancer at 80 and beat it 🥰 so we are all hopeful still a little extra prayers or positive thoughts couldn’t hurt right?!

I know this is hella long so sorry whole heartedly Thank you for letting me interrupt your regularly scheduled shenanigans and for your kindness…. It’s been a really rough year for me as some of you know and I am anxious and scared…::…and well here’s my sweet mom who was rockin her flip cut back in 1970😍
    ths78v0jdcum.jpeg
    .. thank you again..❤️Ali

Aww.. Happy birthday to mum 🤗😙🥰 I knew she was an awesome, amazing woman.. she raised you 🥰💜
  • slimgirljo15

Not at all. I did the same thing and it was 12.7° C (55° F) here this morning

Wow cool morning.. not summery at all.