• emailnumber308
    emailnumber308 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The housing market.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    The housing market.

What about it irks you? Im curious on what people are thinking about it.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    The housing market.

I hear you on this one
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Pre-employment drug test being 2.5 hour drive from where I live. Whyyyy??
  • Revolu7
    Options
    The housing market.

I hear you on this one

So as someone who buys and sells houses regularly im curious what about the housing market is irking the general public?
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    The housing market.

I hear you on this one

So as someone who buys and sells houses regularly im curious what about the housing market is irking the general public?

The market has slowed considerably where I am. Houses aren't selling in less than a day or max 2 days for $200k or more over the asking price, buyers are waiting with the hopes of getting a deal...I have been a buyer and now I'm a seller so I have seen this first hand and I'm getting frustrated waiting for my house to sell. There's lots if showings and interest but people just want a deal these days. I can't fault them I was doing the same with a beautiful fairly newly built house, waiting for the price to be lowered and the sellers to be desperate, I ended up buying another that needs a bit of work because it was a super good deal and I can stay in my neighbourhood
  • Revolu7
    Options
    The housing market.

I hear you on this one

The market has slowed considerably where I am. Houses aren't selling in less than a day or max 2 days for $200k or more over the asking price, buyers are waiting with the hopes of getting a deal...I have been a buyer and now I'm a seller so I have seen this first hand and I'm getting frustrated waiting for my house to sell. There's lots if showings and interest but people just want a deal these days. I can't fault them I was doing the same with a beautiful fairly newly built house, waiting for the price to be lowered and the sellers to be desperate, I ended up buying another that needs a bit of work because it was a super good deal and I can stay in my neighbourhood

Yes i see this a lot more now. But to me its what a normal market is. Its the way it was just 3 yrs ago.....and interest rates are still lower than they were back when i bought my personal house in 2001. The crazy housing market that rushed in with Covid was nice but its gone. I know a few people that got into flipping houses just because the market was so hot. But now are done because its reverted to what was basically normal but now looks horrific compared to the last couple if years. Im still buying and selling, and yes i am more cautious because people are still not adjusting to the current market and still over valuing their houses. But for me its time to be careful but the market is far feim dead. And there is far less competition now too.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,157 Member
    Options
    Not having my phone at work 😒

There’s an opening in my agency. Having your phone is a must. You’d also look amazing in my uniform… I mean our department issued Class A uniform. 😏 🤗
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    When my chair is prewarmed
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    These endless MS Teams calls!
    All MS Teams call and no play make Dave a dull boy!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The housing market.

I hear you on this one

The market is still really good for sellers right now so if you need to lower the price a little it might be a good idea. I have a feeling next year the prices are going to plunge. However, I can be completely wrong. It's just a feeling.

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    RaquelFit2 wrote: »
    The housing market.

I hear you on this one

The market is still really good for sellers right now so if you need to lower the price a little it might be a good idea. I have a feeling next year the prices are going to plunge. However, I can be completely wrong. It's just a feeling.

It's not good for sellers here. My area had a frenzy at the start of the year like houses selling in hours for way over ask so really the market has corrected itself and has become a buyer's market. We reduced the price to what seems to be the magic number for generating multiple offers so fingers crossed. I mean really it's not a horrible market it's just tilting to buyers who can wait and try to get a deal which, I can't fault because we did that and got a deal on the house we bought
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,157 Member
    Options
    Not having my phone at work 😒

There’s an opening in my agency. Having your phone is a must. You’d also look amazing in my uniform… I mean our department issued Class A uniform. 😏 🤗

Application sent 😏

Hired! You start tomorrow.

Hey, I’m Chris and I will be your Field Training Officer for the next 12 weeks.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I’m out of hot chocolate, it’s raining, my phone won’t stop ringing, & I’m bored
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    The damn shadow figure in my back room keeps knocking stuff off our cupboard shelves. Not cool Bobby!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    The damn shadow figure in my back room keeps knocking stuff off our cupboard shelves. Not cool Bobby!
    You named it 😂

Or did he tell you? 😱
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Toxic people crawling out of the woodwork even though they are blocked, what irks me more is I let them take up space in my head grrrrr…..
  • DWBalboa
    Options
    All MS Teams call and no play make Dave a lonely boy!
    You named it 😂

Or did he tell you? 😱

It was a feeling that I had. Also that's what the other ones call him.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    All MS Teams call and no play make Dave a lonely boy!
    You named it 😂

Or did he tell you? 😱

It was a feeling that I had. Also that's what the other ones call him.
    🤣